Vehicle Transportation Services

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RC220

RC220

• 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 11:45 AM

Hi all,

I have bought another car and need to get it moved from Gloucester, England to Co. Down, Northern Ireland.  It is a stripped, rolling shell with all interior / exterior trim, engine and gearbox out, but these need to be moved too.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Kind regards

Roy

#2 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,995 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 28 August 2024 - 06:10 PM

Hi all,

I have bought another car and need to get it moved from Gloucester, England to Co. Down, Northern Ireland. It is a stripped, rolling shell with all interior / exterior trim, engine and gearbox out, but these need to be moved too.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Kind regards

Roy

Nr Swindon is a haulage company who the track day companies use to move bikes to Europe, the may be worth contacting, let me know and I'll dig the company name out.

Edited by Ivor, 28 August 2024 - 06:10 PM.

#3 RC220

RC220

• 88 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Ivor, that would be really helpful.  I am trying Shiply also.  And, looking at borrowing a van & trailer combo and going on a road trip!  It won't be ready for collection until 9 Sept, but doesn't need to be immediately collected so I have some time.

Roy

#4 stevieturbo

stevieturbo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 08:44 PM

CCRS, Woodsides, Eamon & Mary McLaughlin, Parker Car transport

All local firms.

#5 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,995 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 29 August 2024 - 07:26 AM

Mastermac haulage hullavington
https://maps.app.goo...tWNmtZJMzJKcEt8

#6 RC220

RC220

• 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2024 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions chaps.  Shiply came good.  Door to door delivery for £771.  It is the first Shiply delivery for this haulier so fingers crossed.  This car is 46 years old and probably not very robust.

I bought this before the Clarkson & co big reveal.  It is not either of the British cars in the trailer which only leaves the Italian one ... which to be fair weren't renowned for robustness in their heyday! 

It should be here next Tues 10 September.  The only bodywork / monocoque restoration work left to be done is the cabin floor - now available again new through the owners club, so I probably have these replaced at this stage, particularly given the amount of work done to date.  Then a full paint job and re-trimmed and re-assembled.  

Engine and g/box will need stripped and rebuilt as it hasn't moved in some time but the engine turns over by hand ... but, I will get help with this and the painting.

Anyway, a 3D jigsaw puzzle with not a lot of instructions.

Kind regards

Roy

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users