Photo

Need Help With Going Widebody For Autocross

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hamzahamid

Hamzahamid

• 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2024 - 04:19 PM

Hello all , I have a vx220 stage 2 supercharged with a maxxecu running about 250bhp. There are lots of autocross events in my country and I’m running 205/16 front and 225/17 rear Hoosier a7s . The competition is really tough with people running Toyota mrs , Yaris gr , supra gr , Tesla perf, evos etc . I would love to do something like people have done on the Elise s2s in the usa running 285 front 315/335 back type . Wide body is not a problem I can make a copy of the front rear clams with the arches built in . Problem is the steering , those guys have longer arms and steering ends etc extended ball joints . Need advice from you guys . Also which rims would you recommend and sizes etc

#2 stevieturbo

stevieturbo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 October 2024 - 07:01 PM

If you have guys local to you already doing it, best get advice from them

Is lack of grip the problem, or lack of power ?

#3 dominik

dominik

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Last weekend I have seen a Speedster at an Autocross event, but I think that is a different event?

It was converted to AWD and had a new subframe for the front suspension, but small wheels.

Frank Wiedemann was the driver , but there are only a few videos on Youtube.

at 7.40min

https://www.youtube....p&v=Unpiipy7STk

On  page 3 is an adress in Germany. but I did not find anything more.

https://www.kutschen...erg_Pokal-1.pdf

#4 Hamzahamid

Hamzahamid

• 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 AM

I’m in Pakistan . The events here are on karting tracks or big parking spaces . Need wider tires for max grip while switching left to right multiple times In a tight space

#5 stevieturbo

stevieturbo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

As already said, the Elise is the same chassis. If you have people there already doing this, you'll have better luck with them, than in the UK. Such wide tyres in the UK would be very rare.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users