• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:28 AM

I forgot to mention, I also asked them to check my drivers chair as it had started to get a bit wobbly. When I picked it up they told me that i was correct but its not warrenty work so would have to book it back in if need be. I called pomphreys of sittingborne, kent. (where i purchased my vx) and asked for a quote. was told that the MAX would be £690 depending what parts they had it would prob be cheaper. :beat: :9mm: :beat: :9mm: :flame: :drink:

#22 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:31 AM

"bump" I have booked my car in with pomphreys so they can have a look over the car and sort out the warrenty work and also asked me to take my bill with me to see what i had been over charged for. willow.. any comments?

#23 AndyB

AndyB

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy video editing, so am thinking about doing wedding DVD's. I'm also a second degree Reiki practitioner. Apart from that, my family and driving my VX.

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:12 PM

I narrowly escaped a bill well over £500 thanks to the guys on this forum. Same story, front and rear pads, and brkae fliud. My cars only done 10,000 miles. Just over a year old, and parked up for a good 3 months or so. They are a rip off. When I told them that I was getting a friend to fit some for me for free, they tried to persuede me to fit them for me instead if I supply my own pads.. for still... a very extremely high price. I don't think they understood the concept 'FREE'. Doyles the lot of 'em. Anyway, thanks people! thumbsup This site really is a bonus to any VX owner.

#24 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:20 PM

I forgot to mention, I also asked them to check my drivers chair as it had started to get a bit wobbly.

IIRC there is a recall for this...

#25 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:44 PM

A full recall? :blink: ...so everbodies car will have to have it done?... :blink: Don't remember seeing that posted before! :unsure:

#26 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:51 PM

Perhaps 'recall' was the wrong word...

Updated list of "issues" - not all are official recalls:

* Timing Chain / Belt
VIN range: 1N000145 - 1N001492 ? others too??
Product integrity rework ref 03P24-06/2003

* Airbag
VIN range: 1N000001 to 2N003648.
Recall ref:R/2002/082
Manufacturers Ref: UK 02 C13-A
Date: 9/9/02
Description : There is a risk that the drivers air bag can crack over time and subsequently may not properly inflate under deployment.
Remedial Action : Replace drivers air bag.

* ABS brakes on NA
VIN range: ?
Ref: UK 02 R33

* Driver's seat runners
VIN range: ?
Ref: UK 01 P20-A

* Front brake caliper bolts
VIN range: 1N0001 to 2N003648
Ref: R/2002/086
Manufacturers Ref: 02-C-13B
cars affected from model year 2001 and 2002.
Apparently a visual check on the caliper bolts. Only a 5 minute job. Thanks to Picador for info.
Description : There is a slight chance that one or more of the tapped holes for the four bolts securing the two halves of the brake caliper body together, has not been threaded through the full depth of the hole. The structural integrity of any such caliper may be compromised with the risk of fatigue failure of the caliper occurring after an extended period.
Remedial Action : Check the caliper tapped holes. If any incomplete threading is found, the brake caliper is to be replaced. 

If you want to know about recalls on your car call: 0118 945 8500.

Edited by Foxy, 30 November 2004 - 12:52 PM.

#27 Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:58 PM

I forgot to mention, I also asked them to check my drivers chair as it had started to get a bit wobbly.

IIRC there is a recall for this...

Dreamer's had his driver's seat rails replaced/fixed under warranty at Bristol VX dealer - I saw the paperwork and it would've cost something like £250 (can't remember if that was inc VAT(

Give em a call, explain the fault and see if it's the same

#28 pippyt

pippyt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:53 AM

Just got my car back from its service from Vauxhall in Dagenham. £189 must admit as it was a forth service I thought it would have been more, but the customer service was............very good. They rung me several times during the day telling me about how it was going and they didn't try to make me pay for unneccersary bits such as brake pads (which he said was fine) tyres (you got another few thousend miles on those) and the belt (no point as you have only done 18000 miles) V impressed

#29 spanner

spanner

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:05 PM

Everything is done on "book time" regardless of how much time it actually takes. Not robbing at all. That's the price. Many people will pay for it, and many won't. That's the way of the world.

#30 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:14 PM

That's OK then :beat: ...not

#31 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

Everything is done on "book time" regardless of how much time it actually takes. Not robbing at all. That's the price. Many people will pay for it, and many won't. That's the way of the world.

Not strictly true,

I complained about the labour time for the pads, the techie adjusted the labour cost in accordance with the time taken thumbsup

#32 Speedygonzalez

Speedygonzalez

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:15 PM

mate, do not fall for their speel at all....rip off merchants.
I have never touched a car in a mechanic capacity before at all, although i have a father that was a bit of a pertol head and always fiddling about. Brought a 19 squid jack from Halfords and SR14's from Pagid front brake pads. Took front wheels off, changed pads via instructions on site that can be found

http://www.vx220.org...orums/index.php

with pics took half an hour and bobs your uncle saved over 100 squid, cleaned the wheels etc also. Easp peasy

#33 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

My SAAB went for its 78k service (£150) last week. The dealer collected it from my office, valeted it and returned it. They were polite, friendly and efficient. It's not difficult to get it right is it. The car needed front discs and pads all round for which they wanted about £420 (pretty reasonable compared with what vxl charge for pads only on the VX), I politely declined and did it myself for about £130 with Pagid pads and Brembo discs. Why can't all dealers be like that?

#34 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

As above ive also had other cars in the past picked up,serviced,washed and returned.. Vauxhall seem to miss the plot when it comes to billing and customer care. My vx's is due its 3rd service now,but there is no chance i'll be taking it to my local dealer (FRF SWANSEA)...2 months before my warranty was up my heater temp hot/cold knob broke on my dash..took car in,the said its coverd by "warranty"3MONTHS LATER it finally arrives!(at last problem solved,no more steamy windows!!)BUT NO the dumbo's orderd the wrong part! im mean how hard can it be ?? its a knob.3,1/2 weeks wait again it arrives and takes a spotty Blazing squad wannabe 2mins to fit.. 2weeks after that i recive a bill for£90-£8,for heater knob,the rest was labour?? :o (Blazing squad even fitted it wrong and i had to do it myself) I have refused to pay the bill as the car was under warranty when it was booked in...That was a week ago i still aint heard anthing from them yet! CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THEY WILL CHARGE ME FOR MY 3RD SERVICE :( The robbing 1-cars

#35 Woody Trebus

Woody Trebus

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:19 PM

My vx's is due its 3rd service now,but there is no chance i'll be taking it to my
local dealer (FRF SWANSEA)

Richy,

Wise choice - I'm taking mine to Bayliss (Cheltenham) for the second service.

Took mine in for the airbag change. All booked in, left it there all day and when I came back at 1700 hours they told me they didn't have an airbag and I'd have to re-book :9mm:

Rattling trays - very irritating - have happened to a few VXs taken there.

Still waiting for my call to have the turbo seals fitted - only been seven months now.

Worse thing - Was warned by VX-ers that this sort of thing woudl happen. Somebody slap me :beat:

#36 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:10 PM

My vx's is due its 3rd service now,but there is no chance i'll be taking it to my
local dealer (FRF SWANSEA)

Richy,

Wise choice - I'm taking mine to Bayliss (Cheltenham) for the second service.

woody,

I'm glad im not the only one who's pivved at (FRF) thumbsdown

I'm pulling my hair out at moment my service is "due"100miles ago!!
i,ll probly end up taking it back up to CDBRAMALL in wolverhamton,
Thats where i purchesd it,,I have'nt read any bad reports about them.....yet.....
Thinking about it, I may phone bayliss tommorrow and see what they say? They are alot closer than wolves! :blink:

I'm defo up for spin though, but it will be after crimbo,if put my car away for the winter. got the scooby on the road from sunday..but if the weather is half tidy i supose my arm could be twisted for a spin :D rallly

richy

#37 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:27 PM

Stick with BH&S thumbsup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users