• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan

Duncan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 07:43 AM

Just noticed that in GT3 on the playstation 2 you can buy a Vx220, lighten it, tune it to 350 bhp, and then fit dirt tyres and go rallying! Fantastic fun, although raising the ride height might stop everything shaking so much :lol: Beat the works scooby on hard mode first time out... Bring on the Vx rally car :blink:

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 08:04 AM

I can get better lap times in a tarted up VX than I can in a Motorsport Elise or a 500bhp Impreza (on the tarmac). The handling is sweeet! Tyres last about two laps though with all the power sliding. Sorry, back to the real world....

#3 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:46 PM

fun things to do with GT3: fly 4500 miles to daytona beach florida to spend a day i-link racing (6 PS2s, 6TVs all linked) with some of the fastest racers in the SE of the USA.

i'm serious. 12 of us from www.granturismobynumbers.com met up at the begining of march this year.

i even took a couple of wins - most pround of my tuscan6 race at deep forestII and coming back from a nudged out into a spin in the astra coupes to come 2nd from 6th at grand valley II

here is the link to the party if you're interested to take a look.

http://www.granturis...TML/001307.html

we had a blast.

as a side note - if you select say german in a new game you get to drive the speedster instead of the vx :D

#4 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:59 PM

nutter

#5 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 May 2003 - 01:07 PM

nutter

lol - for sure.

i love my granturismo racing. won a couple of medals in a series run from the numbers.

2001 overal GTRC team champions (5 classes. 2 racers per team, per class). i ran in the GT class in the corvette Z06 and the C5R

2002 GTRC LM champions in the Nissan R390LM.

i have some beautiful replays which would make you clinch your butt cheeks! :D

#6 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 22 May 2003 - 05:15 PM

as a side note - if you select say german in a new game you get to drive the speedster instead of the vx :D

Yes, I always race in "my" Speedster. But still not worked out how to debadge it. ;)

Used to enjoy the feature on some earlier games where you could "paint" the car virtually as you wanted it. "Top Gear Rally" on Nintendo 64 was one IIRC, but not played that for years. Would be good if I could paste in my own badges. :D

Always reassuring to know that there are others out there who are "worse" than yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users