#1 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 15 January 2003 - 02:47 PM

I assume cos if you open them whilst moving then you'd get pulled out by the wind - hence suicide but this could be complete bollocks :rolleyes: Does anyone know?

#2 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:12 PM

In theory, if you fall out of them while on the move, you'll get clobbered by the door on its way past. At least with ordinary doors your clear once you are out!

#3 Guest_Guest (Guest)

Guest_Guest (Guest)

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:26 PM

I think it has to do with there is usally no "B" pillar. Thus if the car gets hit on side impact you have little protection. With the Maza however, the "B" pillar is built into the rear door and will take the impact as it should. Mega

#4 Guest_R1 NUR (Guest)

Guest_R1 NUR (Guest)

Posted 18 January 2003 - 06:47 PM

Car parked roadside. Std door: Whilst getting out passing car hits door. No problem Suicide door: Whilst getting out passing car hits door. That hurts.

#5 PipSqueak111

PipSqueak111

• PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Anything fun involving speed, wheels or an engine.<br><br>I'm a marshal, why aren't you?!

Posted 20 January 2003 - 08:40 AM

I seem to remember it's because with a normal front-hinged door, the wind blows the door shut. With suicide doors, the wind holds the door open, thus making it easier for people to jump out, ie. commit suicide! Phill

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users