• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

@TT - my boot seal is round the other way compared to yours, join is nearest the engine - may be worth a try for your leaky boot seeing as it would suit the incline of your driveway :)

A

I'll probably give that a go - any idea what I should re-stick it down with?

#22 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

@TT - my boot seal is round the other way compared to yours, join is nearest the engine - may be worth a try for your leaky boot seeing as it would suit the incline of your driveway :)

A

I'll probably give that a go - any idea what I should re-stick it down with?

Stick? I thought they were pushfit?

..heres what I would do. Get some double sided stick tape and peel off both sides. Lay it on the edges of the metal that the seal goes onto and then push the seal into place sticking tape to seal, and tape to body.

Or just put a few blobs of silicone sealant at several points along the edge.

A

#23 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:14 AM

Took my car to Stevens Vauxhall yesterday to have the coolant leak and engine lid modification done and have to say I was pretty impressed. Called them 1st thing to ask if the parts had turned up, which they hadn't, and was told they'd call back as soon as they arrived. Got a call around 12ish to say that the parts were there and to pop up with the car around 2pm which is when the VX tech (Trevor) had a window to fit the parts - good service there, most garages will want the car for a whole day even if the work only takes an hour or two. Turned up at 2 and took a seat in the waiting area - good selection of mags there too, kept me well occupied. Hour and a bit later the parts were fitted and during the after work inspection they identified a dodgy headlamp (I thought it was just a bulb, apparantly the unit is knackered) and a broken window mech (window was rattling badly despite adjustment). Both parts covered under warranty and they'll give me a call when the bits are in. Overall I was pretty impressed to be honest...the lack of any available courtesy car before July is a turn off but then again most main dealers are the same these days in that respect. Hope others who didn't share my experience get their problems sorted soon. Cheers, Adam

#24 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:27 AM

More praise for Horhsam Stevens I'm afraid chaps..dealt with Trevor (VX mech) and Paul (service) .. both were great. Had the following work done under warranty: New headlight New steering rack New drivers window mechanism New modified alt belt pulley and belt ..and they replaced the missing wheel bolts causing me a knocking noise. Only delay was due to the wheel bolts, not a warranty issue. Car drives like a dream, window doesn't rattle no matter what level you leave it at and the door was put back together far better than they managed when they built the car - not a sinlgle rattle! Maybe I've just been lucky, but I really cant fault the service I got there this week. Adam

#25 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

Saw your car there yesterday. They told me you had three bolts missing!! Incidentally, I already mentioned my coolent bottle sprung a leak on the way to Le Mans (Well, at Dover before even reaching Le Mans to be honest but that's another story!!) Well, called up on Tuesday, they ordered the part, took the car down there on Thursday - job done by 2.30pm. No problem.

#26 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

This is from Horsham right? I would be very shocked if you got that level or service from Crawley Had mine serviced by Horsham on Monday 13th and was pretty pleased with the experience - not cheap at £220 for the 20k service but I felt the standard or service was higher than Crawley The real test is when it goes in for 3 days on 11th July to have the alternator pulley fitted, a new windscreen seal and the coolant bottle replaced as bizarrely mine sprung a leak in the same place as Ben's when I got back from Le Mans

#27 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:29 AM

So you did manage to kill off a peice of my car just by sitting in it. Lucky I don't have a turbo - probably would have run out of oil :P

#28 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:16 PM

So you did manage to kill off a peice of my car just by sitting in it. Lucky I don't have a turbo - probably would have run out of oil :P

The independent engineers report has absolved me of any responsibility :gayfight:

#29 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Saw your car there yesterday. They told me you had three bolts missing!!

Incidentally, I already mentioned my coolent bottle sprung a leak on the way to Le Mans (Well, at Dover before even reaching Le Mans to be honest but that's another story!!)
Well, called up on Tuesday, they ordered the part, took the car down there on Thursday - job done by 2.30pm. No problem.

..tis true mate - was quite lucky apparantly!

Cheers,
Adam

#30 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

This is from Horsham right? I would be very shocked if you got that level or service from Crawley

Had mine serviced by Horsham on Monday 13th and was pretty pleased with the experience - not cheap at £220 for the 20k service but I felt the standard or service was higher than Crawley

The real test is when it goes in for 3 days on 11th July to have the alternator pulley fitted, a new windscreen seal and the coolant bottle replaced as bizarrely mine sprung a leak in the same place as Ben's when I got back from Le Mans

Yes mate, this was Horsham. £220 does seem a bit steep, what was on the invoice? New sparks? Any extras?

Shouldn't be a problem, they did all my work in 1/2 a day - just had to wait about for the replacement bolts.

Adam

#31 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

Picked mine up from Horsham today - for the first time they get a thumbsup Firstly they said it was fine to pick up the car up until 7pm as a salesperson would be there. Small but a nice touch They have done everything I had asked - new windscreen seal, which looks pretty good (though only had time for a fairly quick look), alternator belt is no longer squeaking, and a new coolant bottle. I think they have also adjusted the passenger window but I'm not totally sure. This is a new experience for me as no matter what I asked Crawley to do, something would be missed. They also had time to wash the car and clean the inside plus they actually gave it back to me when they said they would (again a new experience after Crawley) They don't get 100% as yet because the new seal has not been tested yet..... but otherwise good (for a change!)

#32 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

They don't get 100% as yet because the new seal has not been tested yet..... but otherwise good (for a change!)

I fairness mate, the fact they ACTUALLY fitted a new seal is merit enough surely :rolleyes:

if it leaks again they cant deny responsibility, so thats gotta be a thumbs up ;)

#33 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

Picked mine up from Horsham today - for the first time they get a thumbsup

Firstly they said it was fine to pick up the car up until 7pm as a salesperson would be there. Small but a nice touch

They have done everything I had asked - new windscreen seal, which looks pretty good (though only had time for a fairly quick look), alternator belt is no longer squeaking, and a new coolant bottle. I think they have also adjusted the passenger window but I'm not totally sure. This is a new experience for me as no matter what I asked Crawley to do, something would be missed. They also had time to wash the car and clean the inside plus they actually gave it back to me when they said they would (again a new experience after Crawley)

They don't get 100% as yet because the new seal has not been tested yet..... but otherwise good (for a change!)

Told you mate :)

...I made sure that the gang there knew I was a fussy bugger from the off, and told them the tale about me being banned from Crawley Audi after making a scene in their after shoddy service - a round-a-bout way of letting them know I'm not to be f*cked with lol

My only gripe with them is that you have to wait for bloody ages to get a courtesy car out of them, other than that v pleased!

Cheers,
Adam

#34 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

More praise for these guys... Took the car in yesterday with a sticking drivers window and intermittent passenger side headlight (drivers headlight and window mech replaces under warranty on last visit). They've ordered me a new headlamp unit (yay .. now they're both new and match!) and sorted out the window. All to be done under warranty, didn't even have to ask. Such a shame it's unlikely I'll never buy another vauxhall because this dealer has been top notch so far. A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users