Bayliss Haynes And Strange

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Woody Trebus

Woody Trebus

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

Apolgies for the long post and lack of technical knowledge. Took my car for it's second service at BHS this time - avoiding FRF Swansea. :saw: Lovely day wandering around Cheltenham - shops, art gallery, etc - when I get a call from Sophie (receptionist) - profuse apologies as I decided to call her Stacey for some reason not even known to me - saying there's a couple of issues with the car. The main one being a problem with the brake cable thing (there is probably a technical name for this, although it escapes me at the mo) and the car really shouldn't be driven. :unsure: Fixed my rattly undertray and has ordered a rubber grommet to replace some other rattle by the expansion chamber. Something has sheared off, causing something to rattle against something else. I really should listen more carefully to what I am being told !! :rolleyes: Slight problem when I'm in Cheltenham and need to be back in Swansea tonight. Girlfriend not impressed. No problem says Sophie, we've got a courtesy car for you to use. :D Get back to the garage and the mechanic (Paul) had a good chat with me about what he had done. Showed me the brake cable thing. It goes from the front "engine" bit under the passenger black plastic bit and into the engine bay (rear !!). It's some sort of vacuum cable (??) that was being squashed and needed to be replaced (under warranty). May result in brake failure if not replaced. :o Apparently, this is the fourth such replacement that Paul has undertaken. My car may be in there until next Weds/Thurs although the part is expected to arrive tomorrow. Could be ready by Friday/Sat this week (fingers crossed). Was pleased with the chat with Paul who really seemed to enjoy his work and was keen to do a good job. thumbsup The courtesy car was then sorted. Standard Corsa 1.2 was offered immediately covered by BHS insurance. Got it until my car is repaired. Return journey to Swansea completed - girlfriend dropped off and now have transport to work tomorrow. B) Service received to date is brilliant - called and told what the problem was; Mechanic discussed issue and had general chat; Courtesy car offered with no issues. Will keep you up to date with progress. Glad I went to BHS so far.

#2 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:22 AM

Went there for my last service and a thumbsup from me. It's nice to know there is an enthusiast Paul) working on the car.

#3 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

That's Baylis,Haines & Strange! Paul gets a thumbsup from me too,despite the fact that I'm a former working colleague of his :rolleyes:

#4 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

/ding I'll add to his praise... Wonder if that's what the problem is with my brakes - they goto the floor if I get them really hot. I _know_ it's not the fluid boiling - I still get enough braking to stop the car, just that the pedal is very long.

#5 Woody Trebus

Woody Trebus

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:18 PM

Update to the earlier post. Phonecall yesterday (Thursday) - car all ready to be picked up. Went up today to collect it. Courtesy car handed back and my car all ready. Excellent service received from start to finish. Would thoroughly recommend that those around the Swansea/South Wales area use these guys. It's only 106 miles away (from Swansea one way) and BHS is located right in the middle of Cheltenham - plenty to do while your car is getting serviced. The brake cable servo thingy completed under warranty. Turbo seals on doors completed under warranty. Total bill of £460. Includes: 2nd Service; Oil; Brake fluid renewal; key fob batteries; 2 * Rear Tyres; Checking of steering alignment. Thoroughly enjoyable experience. Will definitely use again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users