• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Teatowel

Teatowel

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 04:51 PM

Lots of reviews of them on the web, lots available via email and in the high street. Anyone have personal experience of detectors that are effective against both gatsos and hand held cameras?

#2 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 28 January 2003 - 04:55 PM

I currently use a Bel550 and it works for radar (static and hand held) and lazer. The problem with lazer is that by the time its gone off - you're done. (unless its refracted from the car in front, so it is of some use). Only way to get out of laser is a jammer and the legality of these is moot. However, I'll be flogging my Bel soon.

#3 Teatowel

Teatowel

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:02 AM

What devices do the police use that use laser? Hand held thingys? There is one called Geo-something that has the position of all the Gatsos in it - works by GPS and updates can be downloaded to it. IS that worth the extra cost, and would I need a standard device as well?

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:34 AM

Cops use handheld lazer and the Talivan static lazer. Geodysy (or however the feck you spell it :rolleyes: ) just spots static camera sites via GPS. For complete protection (oooer) you need a GPS and a Lazer detector. Hence a lot of places sel them as deals.

#5 Teatowel

Teatowel

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 01:22 AM

Why are you selling? And if what you are selling is good, I might be interested :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users