10 replies to this topic

#1 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

Took my wheels here today for complete refurb (off the car but tyres still on). Three hours traveling starting at 0500 :(
Arrived just after eight.

Major problems on booking them in as to whether or not I would get them back the same day, despite that being pre-arranged. I won't bore you with the details other than to say I was dealing with the guy in charge of the wheel refurb department and he was a complete ar$ehole. :beat: He was as awkward as it was possible to be, and created problem after problem where no problems actually existed. He talked a load of shite and each time I pointed out he was incorrect and why, he created some other problem. :beat:

I stood there in astonishment as he simply deliberately went out of his way to give me a hard time. :beat: I had to tread softly because he was holding over me the threat of not getting my wheels done in a day. :9mm:

Other staff confirmed to me later, that due to my booking arrangement my wheels should have been a one day turn around priority. They also confirmed that this guy is regularly a total ar$ehole with customers and has a major attitude problem. :9mm:

Whilst waiting for a taxi into Birmingham I was alone in a room with alloy wheels that had been refurbed and I could see there were definitely quality control concerns, but my alloys had gone and were in the system and it was too late to baulk. :o

I've got my wheels back and 3 are OK but one has been over sprayed too much with paint, causing gathering and rippling. It's not major, but the fact they got 3 right indicates they can do it right but as I said there is a quality control issue. :(

Pity this guy wasn't as keen to pursue quality control as he was to cause problems that did not exist. :beat:

Finally, when I came back to check my email to see who I'd made the arrangements with to take my car in, phuck me if it wasn't the ar$ehole himself, he knew the score all along. :9mm:

I wouldn't recommend you take your wheels there for a refurb. :angry:

This is the link, pity it isn't as good asi it sounds :angry:
Clicky

Edited by oblomov, 24 May 2005 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

What was the guy's name? - I was under the impression they had a good-rep :(

#3 jam

jam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:10 PM

We were considering there as well - thanks for the report

#4 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

thumbsup it's good to have local news..having others experiences (good and! bad) to learn from is just another great advantage of this site B) thumbsup Foxy..how long ago was your 'good report' ;) perhaps they've changed hands..or the boss was away for that transaction :rolleyes: ...must admit to half remembering some good reports about them too though :unsure:

#5 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:05 AM

What was the guy's name?

See my PM thumbsup

#6 Blanchie

Blanchie

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:50 AM

What was the guy's name?

See my PM thumbsup

Any chance of a PM aswell,

Was going to take mine there aswell, as only work round the corner :(

chinky chinky

#7 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

>Wicked Wheels< have a mobile service and for £50 did a top job on sorting out an alloy on my old CTR that was curbed around 1/3 of its circumference

#8 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Any chance of a PM aswell,

Done thumbsup

#9 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

Just to update this topic. Today I was able to get the wheels out in the daylight for the first time and there were further problems. The silver I chose (£10-00 extra per wheel) shades to black inside the rim. OK except that on some of the wheels the side edges of the spokes are showing black shading on what is the outside surface of the alloy, where its supposed to be completely silver. :( Also as I examined the wheels, I could see that three of the stick on weights had not been fixed on properly (gap between them and the rim) and when touched they fell off in my hand :( Had I just put the wheels on the car and driven it I think they would have fallen off because I could not get them to stick and eventually had to remove each weight completely, clean both surfaces with cellulose thinners and then re-apply. I rang the company today to find out who to complain to. Unfortunately the ar$ehole I dealt with actually owns the company :o :beat: So, very little point in making a complaint there cos' it's surely going to get me nowhere very fast :( :( :(

Edited by oblomov, 26 May 2005 - 11:51 AM.

#10 jam

jam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

Trading Standards? Seems like very poor service.

#11 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

Trading Standards? Seems like very poor service.

Yes, I think it's going to be a Trading Standards job :( I will write to the guy first and complain about the standard of the finish (no point in complaining about his manner and attitude) and give him the opportunity to respond. I won't hold my breath for a result tho. :(

Luckily one of my local Trading Standards bloke lives 50 yards away from me, :D so I'll get him to look at the wheels while they're still unsued and not yet back on the car thumbsup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users