• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:24 AM

VERY impressed with price and service ... was going to go with Egg but as soon as I mentioned mods they weren't at all happy. Quoted £740 for me including chip/exhaust/filter, £700 without. 28yrs old 4yrs NCB No points/convictions 1 additional driver Also said they would entertain the idea of club discounts - not sure who here would be able to action that, got to be worth an email if it saves another 10% or so. They also offer trackday cover (Castle Coombe excluded) for £85 a day. Cheers, Adam

#2 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:59 AM

I'm with them too, used them for my previous car and the VX, and not only are the cheapest for me, they're really good to deal with as well. Highly recommended from me. Costing me £1300 on an NA with chip and rear tinted window, 23yo with 1 year NCB, parked outside.

#3 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

What are the contact details guys? Seeing as you were getting higher quotes than me Adam, I'll be interested to know what they come up with

#4 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

Do you know if they will insure 21 year olds? Best quote so far Elephant at £1087 4 years no claims No points

#5 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

What are the contact details guys?

Seeing as you were getting higher quotes than me Adam, I'll be interested to know what they come up with

http://www.greenlightinsurance.com

...think it's the miles I do that pushes my quotes up.

Adam

#6 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

They won't quote if you're under 21 or don't have at least 1 year's NCB. 21 year olds are fine if you have 1+ years NCB.

#7 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Quote for £760 which I was very pleased with (lower than all the big insurers and the same as my 2.2 last year) with an excess of £300, again lower than the other big insurers. Almost certainly will go with them thumbsup

#8 monty77

monty77

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:46 AM

Quote for £760 which I was very pleased with (lower than all the big insurers and the same as my 2.2 last year) with an excess of £300, again lower than the other big insurers. Almost certainly will go with them thumbsup

Mention me when you take the policy mate .. might get us a discount ;)

Adam

#9 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

Will do ;)

#10 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:03 AM

£947 (From memory) for me. 24, UK licence for 8 years no points, 2 years NCB, 1 accident in last 3 years. Was paying £140 / month until now!

#11 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

Gets a big thumbs up thumbsup from me: 27 Years old 220 NA ECU Remap Full Milltec Uprated Brake Discs 1 Scamera SP30 conviction 1 £3000 Accident in 2003 2 years NCB £879.25. Compared to: Elephant - £1190 for renewal Adrian Flux - £1185 for new quote. :o This surprised me as I've only heard good things about A.F. So Greenlight get my business. Elephant, for a "new" quote however, work out around the same price. They just cane you at renewal time. :beat: Thanks to the VX220 OC!! (And the Search function) Without you I'd be £300 worse off!!! GET IN!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Me so happy. Edited to add the Car mods that I also declared!!!

Edited by Tolksee, 03 June 2005 - 12:32 PM.

#12 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:43 AM

We can see from the picture.....and I'm sure those eyes are following me :blink: :unsure:

#13 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

I can seeeeee yoouuuuuuu. :lol: PS - I forgot ot post that the quote also included BHP mods. Original Post updated.

Edited by Tolksee, 03 June 2005 - 12:33 PM.

#14 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Arrrrrrr, Just when I need a quote, they are moving office..Their phone lines are dead :beat:

#15 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:31 AM

Just to add to the praise...... Someone on here (jase_mk?) cancelled his elephant policy and took out a greenlight policy. So I thought having been with Elephant for 6 months I thought it would be worth a pop. End result is a saving of £200 quid, lower excess (£300) and like-for-like replacement for the zasut, K&N and front spoilers. :o Seem really nice people to deal with, weren't phased when i talked about changing the K&N for a ITG later on, and were happy to discuss trackday cover. (£85 plus a doubled excess). All in all I'm chuffed to bits, so thanks v v much to everyone for the recommendations that prompted me to get off my ass ! :groupjump: EDIT : For reference it ended up at £760 for my NA. I'm 30, park on the street, two different 3 points fines accrued 4 and 4.5 years ago and an accident in june 02. Also covered my 31 yo GF who had an accident in the same year.... :beat: ...it was a bad year for us ! :P

Edited by LazyDonkey, 22 June 2005 - 09:55 AM.

#16 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

i just got insurance with elephant for £1045 which seems very good for a 22 year old with 3 years no claims... I'll tell you about the car on friday... :D

#17 too-fast

too-fast

• PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

BL3 postcode clean licence, 6 years no claims 37 years old the wont insure me :beat: said its the postcode :blink: Andy

#18 Smiler

Smiler

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

well mines M28.. manchester.. but it's quiet as fook round here and work carparks secure.. will try them when renew as just had a £6000 claim :(

#19 njc11

njc11

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:56 AM

I used to be with Greenlight for years every since Tony first started up... Used to have my vx & nova & house insurance with them.... Im not with them anymore though as they cannot give competitive quotes on my postcode SK2 (Stockport near Manchester) i was quoted well over £1k on the VX... Ive gone with Adrian Flux with the Nova £483 Fully comp (new policy last year as i transfered my No claims to the vx..) VX - £445 fully comp with £400 excess and 7yrs no claims.. Adrian Flux seem to be good... Cheers Nick

#20 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

Greenlight are knowledgeable when it comes to mods, which is enlightening. However, they were not the cheapest by far for me for a standard car. Also for a modded car the price quoted (Stage 2 remap and Miltec) was approximately £350 above my current policy for a standard VXT, dont know whether to consider this a bargin :blink: They seem to recommend Highway Insurance, who have strict garaging conditions and a Tracker device must be fitted to comply with the terms of the policy. Dave K

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users