Photo

Arghhhhhh !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Youngblood

Youngblood

• 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

You know what its like you look and look and look and finally you find the one, coral blue, blue leather, central looking, 04 plate, 10K miles Sweet. Spoke to the dealer struck a deal at £20K, agreed to come back the following day and leave a deposit. Car needed a few bits doing, service, bald tyres, cracked windscreen, small scratch on lower sill, loose trim and the intake was off ( it was being sprayed for a scratch), but no problem its a Vauxhall dealer, it will all get done. Went back on the Saturday and left a deposit, pending test drive, feeling good a Vx at last, Yes ! Called Monday as salesman off Saturday, no problem ready before end of week, come back in Thursday for a test drive, the 114 point check will be done, and we can get it all wrapped up by the end of the month. Feeling Great a VX for the Bank holiday weekend, Oh yes Came back Thursday, still dirty, still needs a new screen, still scratched, trim still loose, tyres still look bald but the 114 point check has been carried out and there is more than enough for the next 10,000 miles, 3.4 & 4.6mm of tread but hey the intake is back on. Went for a drive GRRRRReat !. Come back ask to see 114 point check, turns out it not finished yet. Niggly feeling at back of mind but these vanish when I look at the car. Salesman keen to shift the car before end of month, he wants me to collect on Tuesday, but work gets in the way, so we agree Wednesday. "Don't worry it will all be ready and look like new". "Is there any chance you could pay for the car in full on Tuesday so i can get my bonus in by the end of the month". Now a little concerned Yea I'll hand over 20K on your word the cars ready, decline his kind offer. Wednesday cancelled all appointments for afternoon, going to pick up my baby, Yea !........Phonecall from salesman "Its going to be a bit of a rush, it's all done, just needs a clean, but the valeter is busy, can we make it tomorrow morning" Appointments alrady moved from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning, so I, (a little P*ssed off) suggest Friday lunchtime. No problem all good. :( Friday get a phone call "Really sorry but there is still some work to be done on the intake and the windscreen is'nt fitted and then they have to finish the 114 point check ! , but ithey are doing it all now and it will be all ready by tomorrow morning first thing, we'll throw in a tank of fuel for your inconvenience. :angry: ARGHHHH! A tank of fuel ! All it needed 2 days ago was a wash what is going on. Now really not happy Had enough leave a message for the sales manager. No one returns my call, call him again, speak to the sales manager, what is going on ? He calls me back and apologises but the car will be ready tomorrow he has a service technician coming in extra early to finish it off. Finish what off? its been in the workshop all day (apparently), and still just needs valeting. :9mm: Give up! call dealer and tell him I won't be buying car. rant On my way to see a client in the afternoon and I see a silver Vx in Monorep in Hayes, what the hell go in and see the sales man, don't mention the previous issues with another garage(who will remain nameless), really nice bloke, genuine, knows his cars, even pointed out a couple of marks I had not noticed. :o Took me to see service dept to view the history on car and even agreen to fit a centre brace for me all FOC, Done the deal and saved myself £500. Saturday morning I get a copy of the 114 point check faxed to me, and the car will be ready by Wednesday. :D Can't say enough about them they were great Why can't all dealers be like this, they make you feel a bit special and take pride in their job, i will definetely be coming back for a service (Oh er missus). :D :D :groupjump:

#2 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

I find most Vauxhall dealers hit and miss. I wonder if the delay on the coral was the windscreen as the quickest I would have had one would have been a month :rolleyes: I just wish they could be honest as the ones who are must make the most cash. :rolleyes:

#3 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

Sounds like you did the right thing giving the first car a miss thumbsup They want you to spend 20k but can't get their arse in gear to get it ready for you. :o No wonder the salesman wanted the spondulix up front, he knows how crap they are at getting his precious sale sorted :o Think about it from the positive aspect, the first garage was so crap you ended finding out about it and bought your car elsewhere. thumbsup :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users