Crownhill Mk.....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

I was up there recently for two days and received absolutely no customer service, some parts I had ordered three weeks beforehand when I booked the car in had not even been ordered. The service reception staff had numerous shouting matches with customers who weren't satisfied with their treatment, and then once the customers in question had left, the same employees would use very abusive and foul language to describe what they throught of the customer, in front of everyone in the building, including the rest of us in the waiting area. I spied the valet staff cleaning a VX220 with a high pressure hose (interesting if that owner will have a paint related warranty claim in the future). As I said the car was in for two days...............and all they did was fit a new heater control box and replaced the offside window winder. I got more sorted out in a 2 minute phone call to Picadors Southampton than two days up at Crownhill. I'll not be going back there again.

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

thumbsup Crownhill has never been great. It's just that when Wayne was the VX guy there he'd 'have a word' and make sure most of the VX customers got seen to reasonably well. Since he left I've only ever had bad experiences there. Since the warranty on mine is now out, I'll be going elsewhere (non Vauxhall probably) for most work.

#3 Quick & Dirty

Quick & Dirty

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:22 AM

I bought my VX from Clownhill last year. Its now due its 1st service. I will not be gracing the doors of any local Vauxhall dealer due to the posts and talking to other VX members, but have chosen to take the car to PLANS as I cant see any down sides to this. I believe that anybody can service a VX as long as they use genuine parts and you have the receipt stapled to the log book, thus keeing the warranty intact. Does anybody know different?

#4 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:20 AM

I dropped by there a couple of saturdays ago. They had 1 VX on the whole site. Shocking.

#5 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

I dropped by there a couple of saturdays ago. They had 1 VX on the whole site. Shocking.

:( Gone from the biggest VX dealer in the UK to sweet FA... Showroom is empty. Only one other vx on the whole site when mine was in....

Similar experience for me - booked car in for 3 days inc hire car. Get there "sorry, no hire car booked"... I look over the desk and point out my name.... "oh right, that was for last week". They then proceeded to argue with me over me booking the car on the wrong date and it not being their problem :beat:

I had the pulley replaced and its still squealing, so they had it again - conversation went like "we couldnt fine anything wrong" I said when it was cold its makes the noise... "ah right, why didnt you book it in for a cold start test??" WTF?? :beat: How would i know it NEEDS to be booked in for a "cold start test" Grrrr :angry:

#6 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

Well, I had mine in to Picadors today, and it was the total opposite. Great service, a clean car at the end of the day, and more work done than I had planned for. Excellent all round.

#7 pauln

pauln

• Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Cars! :o)

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:47 AM

Well, I had mine in to Picadors today, and it was the total opposite. Great service, a clean car at the end of the day, and more work done than I had planned for. Excellent all round.

Looking for service and warranty work to be done on my car and (living in NE Hants) Picador are sounding like the best of the 'local' garages to trust with my beloved VX.

There are three branches of Picador... but which is "best" for VXs?

Cheers
Paul.

#8 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

No real reson for me posting, I just wanted to keep this one at the top. Fills me with a warm glow, knowing that at least someone appreciated me once, and since it wasnt the clownhill management, I want them to get the stick they deserve. Bitter........me................never.

#9 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

I think most people who were here at the time knew it was you who were holding the clownhill vx ship afloat wayne thumbsup

#10 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Clownhill are appalling. My experiences (all post wayne): 1) Trying to buy a VX Me: "I have a cheque book in my back pocket, to buy that car. How much will you sell it for" Loser: "The price is on the screen" Me: "No, its been there for at least 3 months, and its winter, how much" Loser: "The price is on the screen" (needless to say I walked away) 2) After buying the car, and trying to book it in for a MOT (note, I have rung at least 10 times before I actually get through) Me: "I'd like to book my VX in for its MOT please" Loser: "I cant take your booking" Me: "Why not?" Loser: "I just cant, we dont do MOT's at the moment" Me: "So when will you be doing them?" Loser: "DOnt know" Me: "will you give me a call when you do?" Loser: "No" 3) Getting a price for brake pads fitted (again, I have rung at least 10 times before I actually get through) Me: "Can you give me a price for a set of front brake pads fitted please" Loser: "No, but I can put you through to parts" Me: "But I dont want parts, I want you to give me a price for fitting them" Loser: "I'll put you through to parts" Me : ...click.... I have more examples. Seriously, the MD of Vauxhall shoudl ring them up. If he could get through that is.

#11 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:11 AM

Picadors at Sholing, Southampton is the one I use.

#12 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:52 AM

No real reson for me posting, I just wanted to keep this one at the top.

Fills me with a warm glow, knowing that at least someone appreciated me once, and since it wasnt the clownhill management, I want them to get the stick they deserve. Bitter........me................never.

So, in your opinion, where shoudl I take my VX? I live in Stony Straford.

I've used Arden Park for years, and they do all the bits on my VX (brakes, MOT's etc) and service is due shortly.

#13 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

Put it this way mate, I used to take my Camaro's to Arden Park, but obviously I have to recommend W Grose in Northampton now, but its probably a bit far to travel

#14 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:13 AM

Wow, this one just keeps popping to the top

#15 jed

jed

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:27 AM

I wonder why Wayne! B)

#16 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

I called them (crownhill) on Friday (4.30). After 5 minutes rining the service desk, the receptionists says they'll call me back. No call so far. I think its disgraceful, I honestly do. Wayne, which would work: 1) Call to the MD of crownhill (do you havbe his name?) 2) Call to MD of Vauxhall. I have tried to spend money with them at least 4 times now, and I cant even get them to talk to me. I genuinely think if someone if giving appaling service someone should know, and be given the opportunity to put it right. My Wife is after a new car, I say Monaro, but after all this NO WAY.

#17 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:02 PM

Well, I wouldnt bother too much about ringing the management there, I couldnt get them to ring me back when I wanted a job, took six phone calls, 4 letters and two visits. Id contact David Scarfe at Pendragon head office Pendragon Plc Loxley House 2 Oakwood Court Little Oak Drive Annesley Nottingham NG15 0DR Tel: 01623 725000 Fax: 01623 725010 Email: enquiries@pendragonplc.com Its about time someone sorted them out.

Edited by turboman, 07 July 2005 - 03:04 PM.

#18 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

CHeers wayne, I'll let you know what happens.

#19 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

Update I sent an email to the guy. It had the desired effect. I had the Crownhill manager on the phone three times today apologising, and telling me what he was going to do about it. I'll let you know how it progresses.

#20 NiglyNige

NiglyNige

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:19 AM

Wayne I live in Northampton and my VXT is due for service next month. I used to take it to Crownhill, but from reading posts that doesn't sound a good idea anymore since you left. Are you saying that W Grose are Ok, do I read into your posting that you actually work there? Cheers

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users