2 replies to this topic

#1 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:14 AM

OK so my car went in for: - Wind noise at >60mph from around Passenger Window frame. Probably linked to: - Passenger Window not adjusted properly - there was a small gap between window and rubber - Creak noise below passenger door handle - Creak noise Driver's side around back of big plastic roof thingy 6 hours later, it's done. "All done", says the man. "Cool", says I. :) Get in the car. - There's small bits of the silver paint chipped off the plastic door handle card at the 2 corners where they have removed it. Ah hell, I suppose they had to do that to remove it..... :angry: :angry: :angry: - The Window winder is in the wrong position. :angry: OK I can fix that - 4 allen bolts, hopefully no biggie. Drive Home - Wind noise still present :angry: - Creak still present. :angry: OK, I'll have to live with these....... Get home. Wind up the window. :o sh*t! It goes halfway up and refuses to go higher. :o Back to Monorep. They take the car in and 20 minutes later I have the car back, window able to go up to the top now. (Winder still in wrong position.) So as far as I can see, they didn't scratch the outside of my car, or introduce any new creaks or rattles. But they chipped bits of silver paint off, only fixed 2 of the 4 things it went in for, AND they've left me with a window winder in the wrong position. Just a bit dissolusioned with them really. PS - can someone confirm it's just 4 allen bolts to change the postion of the WIndow winder? Anything I should know before attepting it? Cheers. Lee

Edited by Tolksee, 29 June 2005 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

4 allen bolts, then another allen bolt underneath and remove. I bet you'll never be able to get the level perfect though, I#'ve never managed it :D

#3 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for Reply Thorney. The perfect level's not mega-important - it's that the winder is a quarter-turn in the wrong position.

Edited by Tolksee, 29 June 2005 - 11:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users