• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

WOW!!!! I'd already had the Milltek backbox fitted which gave a nice, restrained exhaust note which suited me fine - loud when you wanted but could behave around town without sounding too chav. However, after several meets I more and more I wanted a little something extra that the Milltek alone could not deliver and so my thoughts turned to an induction kit. I dismissed the K&N after reading reports about poor filtration, power loss etc, so it was a choice between a Viper and the ITG. If I was going to spend £250 on a Viper for the extra noise, I thought the ITG was better value which had proven power gains as well as a lovely induction roar. So, an ITG was ordered through Hangar111 which arrived within a day or two and eventually fitted today... Fitting instructions were superb, step by step, and defintely something a novice DIY mechanic could tackle. Just make sure you have all of the tools and a little patience...you can't rush these things, and a second pair of hands is recommended. The kit comprised of all the brackets, zip ties etc you needed, so the final install was very professional. All that was left to do was do give it a test drive.... I couldn't believe it was my car. It was transformed....energised... by the noise that built up behind me, into a roar after three and a half/ four thousand rpm. It was so addictive you just wanted to keep it in the rev range to experience the BWAAAAARRPP again and again. ITG quote an extra 12bhp, it certainly feels more lively. Whether these bhp claims are exactly true or not it doesn't really matter because the rush of adrenalin and feeling of speed you get as the ITG gulps in another mouthfull of air is amazing. It may seem expensive as an induction kit, it did to me initially, but I have no regrets at all choosing this over a Viper or any other induction kit, the overall package is spot on. Highly recommended. Steve

#2 DUNNO

DUNNO

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

good innit thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup at what price is perfection? :groupjump:

#3 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

good innit thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

not bad :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

who cares about next months credit card bill when you're having this much fun :P :P

#4 CupidKnewRap

CupidKnewRap

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

so better than the viper then :unsure: sounds worthwhile thumbsup may one day strech to buying one :rolleyes:

#5 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:39 PM

No experience of the viper, so couldn't really comment. I'm just glad i didn't buy something and then thought but what if that's better?? I'm happy with my choice as i'm sure people that have bought vipers are happy with theirs. thumbsup

Edited by SteveM, 02 July 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#6 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:56 PM

I'll never keep up now :angry: Nice one Steve...........looking forward to hearing it later in the month. Dave

#7 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:26 PM

I'll never keep up now :angry:

:P

Cheers Dave, i'm off to Plans the day before the SCC meet to have the pre-cat removed too :o , i've got the modification bug :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users