Help - No Reverse Light

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 richyroff

richyroff

Need to get Out More

• 882 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:05 PM

Mine had this, Thorney sorted it when i had the stage 2 work done a couple of weeks ago. Think the switch was around £12 but not certain, wasn't too expensive!

#22 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

This is another great reason, why this site is the best for hints and tips!! removed the switch from the gear box, some WD40..........bingo working again....... BUT what a silly place to put a switch!! Thanks Vx220.org :grouphug:

#23 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

some WD40..........bingo working again.......Thanks Vx220.org

And thanks to WD40 by the sound of things. That stuff works magic sometimes. thumbsup

#24 terri

terri

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Most things motor sport related, I enjoyed getting involved in night rallies and won a third and second for navigating, helping out in the service area of rally events, I enjoy car and bike shows. I have a big need for speed, I love it. I must admit I feel like my wings have been clipped here in England as I am use to no speed limit areas back home.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

Had my switch changed today when I changed the oil and filter. The switch is only a few quid but you may find the labour from them having to remove the undertray is the most expensive bit. Changing the switch shouldn't take long.

#25 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

only had to remove the rear pax wheel, then unclip cable, then 19" spanner, removed, cleaned, re fitted, tested, sorted. thumbsup

#26 Denzle

Denzle

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:My Motor Show at Hampton Ferry.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Its on the side of the gearbox above and behind the N.S drive shaft. Remove and spray with WD40... A common fault of the switch sticking...

#27 Guest_Minno (Guest)

Guest_Minno (Guest)

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

only had to remove the rear pax wheel, then unclip cable, then 19" spanner, removed, cleaned, re fitted, tested, sorted.

thumbsup

You forgot to say the wheel arch liner had to be removed as well! thumbsup
I can't see how anyone could reach down from the top and undo it like others have mentioned in different posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users