Slippy Out There

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:32 AM

Diesel? Bollocks. Everyone blames diesel. The simple fact is that here is an inexperienced walker wearing shoes which were unsuited to the conditions. I'm just glad I'm wearing my Loveson Poachers today. Much safer in difficult conditions.

#22 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Well I think its really irresponsible of the manufacturers to sell these sort of high performance shoe without checking the abbility of the purchaser, we may have a case to take legal action, at least then they would offer an advanced walker training day with every pair sold. rant

#23 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Diesel ? On the pavement ?? This is Kew for christs sake, there's more chance of it being aviation fuel

#24 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:33 AM

Gieves and Hawkes offer training days for their shoes. thumbsup

#25 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:34 AM

:o Sorry to hear this mate... Is it an insurance matter? You really should consider going to see a professional walking instuctor.. IMO you were lucky to get away with it this time. Strutting around on such low tread is asking for trouble! Can you imagine what would have happened if you hit someone else :o or worse still... a big issue seller......You would be totally fooked... those guys have never got insurance.

#26 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:34 AM

inexperienced walker

I object !!

I've been walking for nigh on 35 years, never has such a thing occured in all those years. You'd of thought my previous experience of such practices would've counted for something ??

#27 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:35 AM

a big issue seller

:o

In Kew ??

Edited by ShinyAndy, 07 December 2005 - 10:35 AM.

#28 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

I'm just glad I'm wearing my Loveson Poachers today. Much safer in difficult conditions.

Sensible choice there Jim thumbsup

Fast and comfortable.... i see them as the M3 of the shoe market thumbsup

#29 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

I've been walking for nigh on 35 years, never has such a thing occured in all those years. You'd of thought my previous experience of such practices would've counted for something ??

My grandad's been walking for over 80 years. That does not make him an experienced walker. Unless you have had regular training in a range of shoes you cannot call yourself experienced.

Fact to remember: In a recent survey conducted for Shoe Warehouse over 94% of respondents thought that they were "above average walkers"!

Edited by JimH, 07 December 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#30 framauro

framauro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

May I suggest you try www.shoelimits.com? ;)

#31 P40L VX

P40L VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

It saddens me to say but I did the same this morning. I went over because of leaves on the road :o Bad thing is, no-one pulled over to help (jealousy) they just all pointed and laughed!!! EDIT: for spelling of leaves/leafs......? :beat:

Edited by Troilism, 07 December 2005 - 10:43 AM.

#32 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

a big issue seller

:o

In Kew ??

:D True..

Theres loads around this way :(

:o Ive even seen them running around on slicks...

They also were Pan am's on size 9's totally the wrong choice for that size foot..

#33 STRETCH

STRETCH

• Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:KITE SURFING

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

its best to put your pumas away in winter, some peolple recommend giving up walking altogether.. ;) .....but alternatively... i suggest you fit some of these.....

#34 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:43 AM

May I suggest you try www.shoelimits.com? ;)

Definite thumbs up there. Fast, safe walker that doesn't push you beyond your natural limits. Lots of track time but supported by classroom lessons on sole selection, knot techniques and avoiding being sold overpriced shoe cream.

#35 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:43 AM

Well I think its really irresponsible of the manufacturers to sell these sort of high performance shoe without checking the abbility of the purchaser

..but this is my fourth pair, in all my years I never considered myself an inexperienced low grip shoe wearer. In the past I've always managed to throw myself around with the best of them.

#36 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:46 AM

It saddens me to say but I did the same this morning.

Start your own sympathy thread then :angry:

#37 Ferguson

Ferguson

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

I know some would say they are skillful enough to even handle walking in the rain on 5.10 climbing slippers, but I think you were really pushing it on your Cats. It's fellows like you who are driving up the healthcare premiums for responsible walkers. :)

#38 trescoman

trescoman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Retirement ASAP, <br>Driving<br>Carp fishing<br>Football<br>kids

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

how's the wall, no damage I hope, or is it an insurance jobbie :P

#39 STRETCH

STRETCH

• Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:KITE SURFING

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:48 AM

...............thumbsup

Attached Files

Edited by STRETCH, 07 December 2005 - 10:48 AM.

#40 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:50 AM

Maybe its just me, but i relish these conditions.............its great feeling slightly out of control when you give it "big feet" coming round a corner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users