140 replies to this topic

#61 DanL

DanL

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

But such antics should only be done in empty car parks thumbsup

I disagree - even in a car park, there's a risk of collision with waiting pedestrians. Any sort of fast shoe work should be kept to the track.

#62 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

What if the train is there.. waiting for you.. tempting you to walk that little bit faster so that you don't have to wait 30 minutes for the next one ? It's easy to say "take it easy, watch your step.. keep the fast footwork for the track" but when it comes to reality its not so cut and dry is it. Truth is.. we all need that extra turn of speed occasionally and my "racing pedigree" footwear let me down thumbsdown

#63 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

If Andy is as an experienced walker as he says he is then the fault must lie with the shoe. It could be a manufacturing defect or an inherent design flaw. Either way I believe the responsibility lies with the manufacturer to both compensate Andy for his loss (as a very minimum they should replace the shoes and supply a courtesy pair of loafers while his new ones are being delivered). I think Puma should think about recalling these shoes if people are not able to use them for their intended purpose.

#64 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

I think Puma should think about recalling these shoes if people are not able to use them for their intended purpose.

thumbsup

I shall try the Vans tomorrow and hope for the best but I really don't think there's any substitute for adjusting to the conditions, although....

Do they do tyre warmers for shoes ?

#65 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

might be a hard thing to say, but maybe "sh1t happens". the shoes might be damaged, but there will always be other shoes, the important thing is YOU weren't injured!

Edited by AntB, 07 December 2005 - 12:37 PM.

#66 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

there will always be other shoes, the important thing is YOU weren't injured!

..but I bought racing pedigree shoes to make me go faster (they are even lighter than standard shoes too). They didn't make me go faster they made me crash and almost damage my rear end, next time I might not be so lucky

THESE SHOES ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE BANNED

Posted Image

#67 jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied of course

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

Either way I believe the responsibility lies with the manufacturer to both compensate Andy for his loss (as a very minimum they should replace the shoes and supply a courtesy pair of loafers while his new ones are being delivered).

I think Puma should think about recalling these shoes if people are not able to use them for their intended purpose.

What kind of warranty do you get on Puma's these days? :unsure:

#68 jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied of course

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

Personally I think Andy should be relieved that the damage was so minimal...it is likely the racing pedigree of the footwear saved him. If he had been wearing a lesser form of footwear (say, a deck shoe or sandal, or, dare I say it, even a clog :P ) then the consequences could have been much, much worse. JJ

#69 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

there will always be other shoes, the important thing is YOU weren't injured!

..but I bought racing pedigree shoes to make me go faster (they are even lighter than standard shoes too). They didn't make me go faster they made me crash and almost damage my rear end, next time I might not be so lucky

THESE SHOES ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULD BE BANNED

Posted Image

I take it you have your rear end properly covered (insurance)?

Have you declared your mods?

#70 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:45 PM

What kind of warranty do you get on Puma's these days? :unsure:

They're guaranteed to make you look like a pleb.

#71 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:45 PM

it is likely the racing pedigree of the footwear saved him

Saved me ?

I hit a wall for christs sake !

#72 mal_dun

mal_dun

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Interests:VX220, narrowboating, golf

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Bad show old chap. I agree with JimH on the show side, although I prefer Barkers to Churches. The leather sole induces a walking skill like no other - well that and the zimmer frame :D

#73 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Mods ?

#74 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

Mods ?

Adjustable laces, remapped internals, high octane race booze fuel

#75 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

high octane race booze fuel

Hmmm... you may of stumbled onto something there

#76 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

What kind of warranty do you get on Puma's these days?  :unsure:

They're guaranteed to make you look like a pleb.

:D :D

:o Im still in shock though.... how could they let poor Andy down :(

Are you sure the aren't imports, word from the grape vine is that some dealers are selling them with a different rubber rating.. you may have a V on one foot and a W on the other!

#77 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

I spent hours on the phone hassling the seller making sure they were Z rated (I'm a high performance walker you see) Definitely not imports and definitely the best grip money can buy (or so I thought)

#78 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:01 PM

..and do you know what shocks me the most ?? About 4 years previous I was a lighter model with a lot more performance potential from my frame, the power to weight was much higher and yet I still managed to travel on said shoes even in snowy conditions. In fact I had shoes that had even less grip than the current model and I still managed not to slip and slide around ? Do I blame myself ???

#79 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

You got to watch them.. I was caught out before, my adidass Tuscanys have a speed rating of 174mph [it says so on the inside, so it must be true] but when i give it some on the straight im all over the road at 0.4mph :angry: Has anyone lowered some :unsure: , I droped a pair of Cuban heels about 0.2inch they seemed to handle alot better thumbsup

#80 ECM

ECM

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

..and do you know what shocks me the most ??

About 4 years previous I was a lighter model with a lot more performance potential from my frame, the power to weight was much higher and yet I still managed to travel on said shoes even in snowy conditions. In fact I had shoes that had even less grip than the current model and I still managed not to slip and slide around ?

Do I blame myself ???

Do you mean to say that you find yourself in something that outwardly looks similar to your lighter model self but, in reality, there is an unfortunate amount of extra weight in the mid section that has caused your walking experience to become unsatisfying? :unsure:

Funny I'm sure I've heard you say the extra weight makes for a more satisfying day to day proposition....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users