Slippy Out There

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#81 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

Do you mean to say that you find yourself in something that outwardly looks similar to your lighter model self but, in reality, there is an unfortunate amount of extra weight in the mid section that has caused your walking experience to become unsatisfying?

No, no.. about 4 years ago I really was probably half the weight I am now and if there was any weight bias it was toward my front

#82 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

Lowering your centre of gravity even slightly can make a massive difference to your cornering ability.

I run a 40mm knee bend.

Bit of a cheap shot wasnt it?

Poor bloke rides low enough as it is :rolleyes:

#83 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

Oh :unsure: I thought it was the aftermarket dampers just made him look lower.

#84 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:57 PM

Oh :unsure: I thought it was the aftermarket dampers just made him look lower.

I think thats what he tells the ladies anyway :rolleyes:

#85 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:04 PM

Oh  :unsure:  I thought it was the aftermarket dampers just made him look lower.

I think thats what he tells the ladies anyway :rolleyes:

:lol:

#86 MikeS

MikeS

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:06 PM

high octane race booze fuel

Hmmm... you may of stumbled onto something there

Much like yourself this morning :rolleyes:

It's dreadful news, have you consulted an ambulance chaser solicitor to see about recompense from this obvious design flaw ?

#87 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:12 PM

86 posts and no one has tried to blame Vauxhall. Standards are slipping.

#88 coopa

coopa

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:The usual

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:18 PM

The incident occured in Kew, not Vauxhall ;)

#89 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:14 PM

No, no.. about 4 years ago I really was probably half the weight I am now and if there was any weight bias it was toward my front

:lol: maybe a few trackdays would sort out the inbalance :P

#90 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

:lol: maybe a few trackdays would sort out the inbalance :P

LOL, I'm trackday'd out thanks... back then I was doing 85+ a year

#91 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

Good news! TMS has been working for the past 300 years on a new enhanced Speedcat which allowed a faster turning speed and superb stopping facilities but should only be bought in conjuction with the full stage three ensemble (charge cooled pants, Milltek belt and carbon fibre wallet holder). The price is a very reasonable £3,000 with a deposit of £3001 being payable on ordering. Free with every upgrade is a weeks intensive course entitled "Speed Walking, forewarned means forearmed" and come complete with a 10 CD self learning guide entitled "Its only Walking dummy" and a money back gurantee. TMS will GUARANTEE that the purchase of this upgrade will drop 2 seconds of your average laptime round Sainsburys* and make you more attractive to the opposite sex. *except in the wet....where.....frankly they're lethal and we recommend the Toyo T1-Rse Pumacat upgrade for an additional £1m.

#92 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

Good news! TMS has been....

Ready for release in a couple of weeks? :P

#93 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:15 PM

Good news! TMS has been....

Ready for release in a couple of weeks? :P

End of November......... :P

We can't say much at the moment, but rest assured an announcement will come sometime between now and never.... :lol:

(All in Jest btw chinky chinky )

#94 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

If I promote TMS on every website and mention you in every post would I be able to have a set for free to trial ?

#95 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

If I promote TMS on every website and mention you in every post would I be able to have a set for free to trial ?

no I'm sorry......you display poor foot control you'd be a liability. thumbsup

#96 jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied of course

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

What about that Procon Ten lace tensioning system that was promised?? :unsure: :P

#97 super fandango

super fandango

• Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

Guys, I think you're all missing the point here. You can blame the rubber, power to weight ratio and chassis setup but you forgot to mention toes - the key to getting the power down in difficult conditions. When you toe in your shoes you are creating something called "slip angle". Slip angle is actually a general term that is used to define the difference between the vector the shoe is actually travelling along and the direction it is pointing. It is called slip angle because it causes the shoe to "slip" or "slide" instead of roll along the ground. The long and short of it is: the more toes the better.

#98 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:19 AM

I think they would look better if you dyed the logo and laces in satin black! Actually, have you tried the de-laced look? It might involve taking the shoe apart but I heard you can remove the laces with a dremel. Alternatively you could cut the logo out and use some Isopon P38 to fill the gap in. Ben

#99 framauro

framauro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:34 AM

Other suggestions that might help:

- carbon fibre shoe shell (lighter shoes)

- add a spoiler to the back of your shoes (more downforce)

And I would strongly advise against using a strip of A048's on the soles of your shoes in this weather - you'll get into all sorts of trouble, just read some of the threads on this board and you'll know what I mean.

#100 framauro

framauro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:07 AM

I'm a total flip-flop noob but have been reading the forums here for a while, but I haven't bought a decent pair of shoes yet. Before anyone asks, I've tried a search and there's nothing on flip-flops. So I have some questions that I'd like to ask if anyone can help. Apologies if I am asking stupid questions :) - Are Vauxhall flip-flops really that much better than Lotus flip-flops? - Is it true that flip-flops are just cut-down, lightweight Wellington boots? Cos this is what they are saying on MigWeb... - Do you need to use the 'sock mod' in order to get decent heat when hooning around in flip-flops? Surely you'd look well poof if you use tights with flip-flops?? :blink: - Has anyone gone to TMS to get their flip-flops serviced? Are they any good? ;) - Summer traction versus winter traction in flip-flops; surely this is a matter of walking ability rather than design or quality of materials? - Where to go to find the best pair of flip-flops? I have read on here that Network Q is ok, but you can get just as good a pair of flip-flops if you buy privately. - HPI Checks and Inspections; I am definitely going to get a HPI check done but is it worth getting the flip-flops I am interested in inspected? Should I have my flip-flops inspected by the AA or RAC? - Blacked-out and de-badged flip-flops versus standard flip-flops; is this just for a better 'look', or does it really add performance? :unsure:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users