• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

#361 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:35 PM

anyone got a pic of that MV senna special edition... like that one :)

:wub: Posted Image thumbsup

#362 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

Matt Hotch's biker build off winner....no kick stand, it lowers itself onto the ground on pneumatics.

Fcuking genius Imnotworthy

Posted Image

Not a bad foreground either ;)

#363 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:41 AM

Matt Hotch's biker build off winner....no kick stand, it lowers itself onto the ground on pneumatics.

Fcuking genius Imnotworthy

Posted Image

Not a bad foreground either ;)

Bet its an absolute pig to ride though!

And cruisers/customs are poof and usually ridden by poof hairy men! thumbsup (IMO of course!) :P

#364 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

Bet its an absolute pig to ride though!

And cruisers/customs are poof and usually ridden by poof hairy men! thumbsup (IMO of course!) :P

And soon to be banned from using public highways thumbsup

#365 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hows that then mate.... Over here or over in the good old US of A? I wouldn't have one @ $200k :blink: but that particular bike stood head and shoulders over the OCC/other choppers....which was why i posted it :)

#366 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hows that then mate....

Over here or over in the good old US of A?

I wouldn't have one @ $200k :blink: but that particular bike stood head and shoulders over the OCC/other choppers....which was why i posted it :)

Well they won't be totally banned [well that type will].. but from this year onwards they will be harder to build.

The Environmental Protection agency in the US has brought out a new emissions law, which will make it illegal to even fit an aftermarket exhaust, never mind build a custom engine and exhuast jobbie.

Builders are how ever allowed to build one emissions-exempt 'kit-bike' in thier lifetime, which they are not allowed to sell for atleast five years thumbsdown

Custom bike builders [OCC, J-James, custom works etc etc] are only allowed to build 24 emission free bikes a year. These bikes will have to be stamped saying they are exepmt from EPA emission controls.. limiting thier use only to or from shows.

The new law is sooo stringent most smaller builders will stop producing. :(

Over here.. most if not all the bikes built over there would never pass the UK sva test, hence the lack of them on british roads. UK chops are normaly built from existing frames, loop hole'ing the SVA test. thumbsup

Ive only ever ridden two, one was a custom Harley hard-tail the other was a stretched V-rod.. not only were they both pigs to ride they also handled like crap.

Edited by R1CHY, 08 September 2006 - 09:37 AM.

#367 bigbadben

bigbadben

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

Sorry to bad-mouth other bikes, but i *hate* Harleys. Not for any misguided reason other than my dad has a Soft-tail and it's just, well, agricultural...

so to even things up, here's my recently departed R6:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sadly now sold to pay for the deposits on the wedding that didn't happen! :drink:

Woohoo! :P

Edited by bigbadben, 08 September 2006 - 05:15 PM.

#368 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

Sorry to bad-mouth other bikes, but i *hate* Harleys. Not for any misguided reason other than my dad has a Soft-tail and it's just, well, agricultural...

Not to mention the lego style build quality!

Posted Image
Sadly now sold to pay for the deposits on the wedding that didn't happen! :drink:

Woohoo! :P

A lucky escape if you ask me! thumbsup :D

Why do they always want to get bloody married! :rolleyes:

#369 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

Another new toy for me! :D

Plan on maybe keeping this one for more than a month! thumbsup :)

Collecting it on monday and i'll get some decent pics then! thumbsup
Posted Image

#370 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:13 PM

Lovely mate... time to update that gay sig :P

#371 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (gooner), Bikes

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

Lovely mate... time to update that gay sig :P

Just reading back a few posts, I wouldn't bad mouth someone who wanted to ride a harley or a custom, I probably wouldn't buy one but I respect someone who did as a fellow biker. It's not the same as car drivers, anyone/everyone can/will drive a car but with a few exceptions those that ride bikes do so because they love biking. Doesn't matter whether it's a dirt bike, tourer, commuter, custom or sports bike. In fact it seems to me that those riders I've met who depise people who ride bikes that aren't the same as theirs generally have very large egos and, I suspect, very small c*cks.

Edit: BTW R1CHY that definietly wasn't aimed at you because I quoted your post :D

Edited by Richiemouse, 24 September 2006 - 10:37 PM.

#372 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

Just reading back a few posts, I wouldn't bad mouth someone who wanted to ride a harley or a custom, I probably wouldn't buy one but I respect someone who did as a fellow biker. It's not the same as car drivers, anyone/everyone can/will drive a car but with a few exceptions those that ride bikes do so because they love biking. Doesn't matter whether it's a dirt bike or sports bike. In fact it seems to me that those riders I've met who depise people who ride bikes that aren't the same as theirs generally have very large egos and, I suspect, very small c*cks.

Richie, can I ask why you are intrigued by fellow bikers c*ck sizes?? :blink:

Dont tell me your a closet harley fan! :sick: poof

And before anyone pipes up with any smartarse comments, yes I have a large ego and yes, I also have a small penis! Spooky eh! :huh: :D

Can I also point out that Harleys are very rarely ridden (in the uk anyway.) by "proper" bike enthusiasts! They tend to be far more popular among the mid-life crisis brigade, than the true bikers! :rolleyes: Their friends (also in mid-life crisis) will be far more impressed when they hear how mr middle management/IT consultant has a Harley rather than something mundane like a Honda! WOW! :rolleyes:

Also whatever depise means, I dont depise :blink: the people, just the bikes (with good reason also!)! thumbsup

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it! (assuming you have a pipe, what with being old enough to have owned a CX an all that!) ;)

#373 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

Edit: BTW R1CHY that definietly wasn't aimed at you because I quoted your post :D

Im glad you made that clear :D

When it comes to bikes im like a Thai girl ''I'll ride anything G.I'' :P

Except Rat bikes .. I hate them with a passion.. Owners are normally boring fcuks that like to think of themselves as [and i use the term loosly] Hells-angels, their life in the fast lane involves breaking down between greasy-spoon cafes and parking outside doss houses [complete with shite unfinished land-rover on lawn] giving people menacing looks. You'll also find them in 'ruff' pubs.. Visiting the Royal Welsh [normally in a old Datsun] twice does not make thee a biker, niether does wearing a pissed stained denim jacket over a old leather jacket you bought at a boot sale :beat:

They are not bikers... they are twats.

#374 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Visiting the Royal Welsh [normally in a old Datsun] twice does not make thee a biker.

Isn't the royal welsh an agricultural show mate?? :blink: :unsure:

niether does wearing a pissed stained denim jacket over a old leather jacket you bought at a boot sale :beat:

Bugger, and I just bought one on ebay! :( :beat: :blink: :P

#375 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

:beat: >Click my fat arse<

:P

#376 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:46 AM

:beat: >Click my BAD arse<

:P

Ok let you off then! :D

Get some decent pics of the new bike up on here tomorrow! :)

Right, im off to :sleepy:

#377 Astra VXR

Astra VXR

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

forgive my ignorance... but what are the twin fans for?

Underseat radiator! :rolleyes:

Look horrendous don't they! :sick:

Its all a bit toytown for my liking!

Depends if you like the kinda bikes that everyone else has got..... They certainly don't look sick.

Its not toytown though, they are functional. Hes been riding a good decade before i was born, ex racer, national license (BSB level) etc... Gave up due to the costs of racing. He's had so many bikes over the years, but certainly rates this as one of the best. It was ridden to Misano, given 2 days HARD track action (including an on-course 135mph "bashing" lol) then rode home again, so its italian, and it works.... Wondernever cease... :wacko:

Personnally, i was never too keen on the fans from pictures, but seeing it in the flesh is a completly different story. He can't go anywhere without drawing a crowd ha ha.. Don't see many of them as well.

Personnally, I want a Ducati 888 for a weekend toy, they've come right down in price as well (around £2500-£4000).

IMO, something like the Benelli is far more interesting than the run of the mill R6 (with its over-power and revs claims), or GSX-R.. Good bikes, that I cannot deny, but every bugger has got one and it gets a little tedious seeing the same bike everywhere. Also, this model of bike has so many more detailed touches over the mass produced jap bikes. Like the keyfob, indicators, mirrors, frame, hanger, fairing holes etc etc, all a tri-angular shape and matched to each other, you just don't get that detail (that i personnally) that you get on a more rarer bike.

Edited by Astra VXR, 26 September 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#378 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

IMO, something like the Benelli is far more interesting than the run of the mill R6 (with its over-power and revs claims)

[Don't believe what the mags say] My R6 certianly has the power and it now revs to the claimed 17,500rpm ;)

Good bikes, that I cannot deny, but every bugger has got one and it gets a little tedious seeing the same bike everywhere.

Yamaha UK have sold under 4000 06-R6s so theres probably more VXs on the road. thumbsup

Also, this model of bike has so many more detailed touches over the mass produced jap bikes. Like the keyfob, indicators, mirrors, frame, hanger, fairing holes etc etc, all a tri-angular shape and matched to each other, you just don't get that detail (that i personnally) that you get on a more rarer bike.

Great, untill you need parts for them... :wacko:

#379 Astra VXR

Astra VXR

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

IMO, something like the Benelli is far more interesting than the run of the mill R6 (with its over-power and revs claims)

[Don't believe what the mags say] My R6 certianly has the power and it now revs to the claimed 17,500rpm ;)

Good bikes, that I cannot deny, but every bugger has got one and it gets a little tedious seeing the same bike everywhere.

Yamaha UK have sold under 4000 06-R6s so theres probably more VXs on the road. thumbsup

Also, this model of bike has so many more detailed touches over the mass produced jap bikes. Like the keyfob, indicators, mirrors, frame, hanger, fairing holes etc etc, all a tri-angular shape and matched to each other, you just don't get that detail (that i personnally) that you get on a more rarer bike.

Great, untill you need parts for them... :wacko:

Ahh but have you modified your bike? Im jsut saying Yamaha calimed X power at x rpm, but when the bikes were put on the rollers, they only revved to just under 16k.. Yet showed like 18k on the rev counter.

I've got a lot of mixed reviews of teh R6, many people i know don't like the new style looks, personnally, i do, i like the new R6 and GSX-R, but i still see an awful lot of them. I'll see 2-3 of each every day just coming home from work.

Your last part, good point, but then don't bin it.... lol.. Or if you do, know who to speak to and where to get the parts...

Kinda what you do before you modify a Vauxhall. You dont just go and get a big f-off turbo becuase it looks good, you need to research into it first.

You don't buy something expensive and Italian and never expect to have a problem. Luckily for my old man, he's not had one, but then it really is a dry weather bike, he's got two others for other less nice weather

chinky chinky

#380 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

4 fookin days!

Thats all the bastid 636 lasted! Bloody stone went straight through my rad last night and I'm off the road for another 2 weeks while thats sorted now! :rolleyes: :beat: :drink:

Oh well, should be fixed in time for winter! :beat: :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)