There's plenty of rain in Wales mind
Not currently, 1 day in about 10 weeks

#23 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:07 PM

Oh and can really recommend the A303 kit for the fabric roof, see here https://youtu.be/NrmSxJ8umZU

This one https://www.cleanyou...ertible-top-kit

Yep thats the one. The key is in the prep, spend the time cleaning and then whack on the sealant. Make sure you put the sealant on with 24 hours dry time to cure. 

I honestly love spending hours cleaning cars, wife is more than happy to have me out the house lol if anyone is in Surrey there or there abouts more than happy to pop over post-covid and do a session on the car  :happy:

Interior wise, I have a number of products for leather and alcantara, car chem is a good brand for interiors. Thing with leather is to focus on cleaners not conditioners, modern leather is already protected by the equivalent of a top surface lacquer so the conditioners are pointless, focus on the cleaners, keep surface contaminants off it. 

#24 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

For the inside of the car use make up removal wipes, especially on leather. Game changer I promise you!

I used to detail cars for people when I had more free time in my old job (my own car is filthy I can't be bothered), but my box of tricks is snow foam, iron x, a bare razor blade for glass, megs medium clay, jetseal109 and a lot of microfibres. And no buckets at all.

Menzerna polishes and 5" pads are the bees knees, but they smell awful.

#25 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:28 AM

I started on Menzerna and agree they are good. They actually got thrown in with the DA I bought and was happy with them. I got advice off a friend who runs a detailing business and he pointed me at Scholl and they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,993 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

You lot are just plain weird

#27 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:42 AM

Oh and can really recommend Sonax BSD when drying the car, spray it onto the standing water and it prevents water spots when drying especially when the weather get warmer and the water dries quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

Oh and can really recommend the A303 kit for the fabric roof, see here https://youtu.be/NrmSxJ8umZU

This one https://www.cleanyou...ertible-top-kit

Yep thats the one. The key is in the prep, spend the time cleaning and then whack on the sealant. Make sure you put the sealant on with 24 hours dry time to cure. 

I honestly love spending hours cleaning cars, wife is more than happy to have me out the house lol if anyone is in Surrey there or there abouts more than happy to pop over post-covid and do a session on the car  :happy:

Interior wise, I have a number of products for leather and alcantara, car chem is a good brand for interiors. Thing with leather is to focus on cleaners not conditioners, modern leather is already protected by the equivalent of a top surface lacquer so the conditioners are pointless, focus on the cleaners, keep surface contaminants off it. 

Thanks for confirming and the advice. Much appreciated.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users