• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:29 AM

Sorry to hear about this! :dry:

#43 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

sorry to hear the bad news :( the likely end result will be a chav corsa with vx220 wheels :blink: and a burn't out vx220 :angry: they must be pretty stupid, a one off paintwork, a vx220 [they stand out quite well] and every member on here keeping an eye out.

Edited by vocky, 06 June 2007 - 08:30 AM.

#44 OGR

OGR

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

Sorry for the bad news I'll post this information on the German forum Oliver

#45 andyr

andyr

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

sorry to hear the bad news :(

the likely end result will be a chav corsa with vx220 wheels :blink: and a burn't out vx220 :angry:

they must be pretty stupid, a one off paintwork, a vx220 [they stand out quite well] and every member on here keeping an eye out.

Exactly what I was thinking - hope you get it back intact John!

#46 Ash

Ash

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and Holidaying in exotic places with my wife.<br /><br />Racing, defence related stuff, karting, seeing unusual wild-life while on holiday, sci-fi, Ufology.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

Really sorry to haer this JT, I hope you get it back soon mate. There are some right scum out there, hopefully with all the members on here keeping an eye out it should turn up soon. Maybe if there's anyone on here who's registered with PH a thread could be started there also. The more people looking the more chance JT will have of getting the car back, or at least catching the low-life scum that nicked it.

#47 ~PHIL~

~PHIL~

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

Very sorry to hear this also. The image of that thing racing up the drag strip at santa pod is still fresh in my mind :(

#48 Slickrics

Slickrics

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

Really Really Really Really Sorry to hear the bad new on the vx - I'm sure if all us VX mad heads stick together, we will manage to find some kind of info on it - WHAT DO YA SAY LADZ????? Sorry to hear - Best regards Slick

#49 rob3981

rob3981

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:play piano and giutar, read, mountainbike

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

*3883 ???? UK rabiata red VX220 "RACE CAR" gestohlen!

#50 ferg

ferg

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hope you don't mind me asking, but are you quite sure you didn't park it at the tennis club last night? :D Sorry.. :(

#51 TOMOPRED

TOMOPRED

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

Stolen from back of a race truck. :(

Can everyone keep an eye on ebay for anything, clearly there is a limited market for this and its pretty much.

Does anyone know who this nesler289 is on ebay he has alot of vx parts for sale and has head lights and rear lights for sale at the moment just a hunch might be a genuine guy with a breakers yard?

#52 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for all the support, really does mean something. We wont be giving up, weøre out at DTM this weekend (only my turbo though) and planning some good thigns with the NA's (what we have left).

#53 SamVx

SamVx

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

Really sorry to hear about this, especially with the effort that must have gone into the car. :( Very glad to hear you won't be giving up though. thumbsup

#54 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Really sorry to hear about this, especially with the effort that must have gone into the car. :( Very glad to hear you won't be giving up though. thumbsup

same as that . :drink:

#55 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:50 AM

Sorry to hear about this JT. As others have said, the car is so unique that there is a very good chance it will be found. Best of luck. Rob

#56 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:39 AM

Can't add more than my own support and wishes for a speedy recovery to that of others but do so knowing that, in it's own small way, it'll be helping some. I'v notised a sticky topic on an official F1 website too (i did personally thank the admin for doing so on behalf of us all), giving full information about this incident and with the two pictures you've posted, so if it helps any too, then remember that there is a rather large and far reaching international community out there john, all with their heads up watching and waiting. Best of luck john :grouphug:

#57 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear this. Taking someone's car is bad enough but taking what I assume amounts to a labour of love is darn right unacceptable. Might be an idea to create a inventory of items that were specific to this car and post it here.

#58 jakepeg

jakepeg

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:ALL SPORT
    Oh and now electric guitars and lots of noise

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Really sorry to here that, Stolen to order? if so doubt would show up whole in uk. Have you checked local container ports? Would not wait for Police as doubt it registers as high priority-saddly.

#59 rik

rik

Scary Internerd

• 2,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Can everyone keep an eye on ebay for anything, clearly there is a limited market for this and its pretty much.

Does anyone know who this nesler289 is on ebay he has alot of vx parts for sale and has head lights and rear lights for sale at the moment just a hunch might be a genuine guy with a breakers yard?

bought some stuff from him before, a headlight and a side vent mesh, both were brand new and in GM packaging, so not off a stolen car

#60 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

you cant just start pointing fingers at people so soon just cos they have lots of vx stuff for sale, its very sad when this happens to anyone but if its not been thrashed and sunk in a lake somewhere, someone will have it striped in a matter of days and probably used every part they needed to fix a car that was close to written off or badly damaged to sell on, the rest will probably be crushed into fragments, this is the shite world we live in today.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users