• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 da_murphster

da_murphster

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

What else are you considering? I'm looking in the same bracket as you and just cannot find anything that flicks my switch apart from TVR's which I just not certain I'm in a position to risk a rebuild!

#42 mainline

mainline

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

i think you need to save up a bit more money Noble. Even if its not to plough into a slush fund, to put you up an echelon where you're buying a low mileage example with possibly an engine rebuild, and not one that's possibly going to need an engine rebuild. If it was my money i'd be looking for an M3. But the lure of a british sports car over a germanic hyper-algorythm is one i understand and would never seek to disuade you from. See if you still fancy it when there's another three grand in yer pocket. B)

#43 meo

meo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:cars bikes going out drinking

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Id go for the same the m3 evo43. really fast and reliable.

#44 NOBLE

NOBLE

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

TBH the T350c is the only car i'd trade the VXT for. I have looked at so many different cars but none float my boat. That aside I still dont have the spendable cash for the extras 'if' needed. Andyroo has the best advice, going to sleep on it for a few month. I love the wealth of experience and advice on here :grouphug:

#45 Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

TBH the T350c is the only car i'd trade the VXT for. I have looked at so many different cars but none float my boat.
That aside I still dont have the spendable cash for the extras 'if' needed. Andyroo has the best advice, going to sleep on it for a few month.

I love the wealth of experience and advice on here :grouphug:

I'll let you know when mine is up for sale. It's worry free as has comprehensive warranty + wear and tear in place until April 2008 so the only money you would need if for servicing and fuel. It's also currently having the big 12000 mile service done with tappets.

Can't wait to get it back, just praying for sunshine. rallly

#46 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Clicky!

#47 Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

Yep, time has come already. I wanted to keep it til September but I'm eager to start playing the property market. Already had 2 offers but they were part exchanges. One guy was very enthusiastic, wanted me to part ex for his pre-cat Griff... no ta.

#48 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

I keep dipping into this thread. Stunning car here: clicky
Weeps .... :(

#49 A13X

A13X

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Mikey That car is awesome and seriously tempts me!! Can the tvr gold warranty be extended? And im only 15mins away too

#50 TurboMark

TurboMark

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Noble, I would Echo most of what Mikey said....like Siztenboots said I had the VXT for 2 yrs (which he now owns) and was hankering for a TVR so I bought a 2003 T350c with Ohlins and loved it to bits!.....awesome dramatic car.....the sheer grunt and rumble of the thing used to get the blood pumping on every drive. I used it as my everyday car with no problems - I covered 4K miles over 8 months and had no engine troubles. The only downside for me is that my everyday drive is only 9 miles into town and it used to take the whole journey for the engine to get properly warmed up so couldn't give it the thrashing it deserved as often as I'd liked - also daft as it sounds I really missed not being able to take the roof off - not a problem with the targa top though B). I'm now back with a VXR stage 4 and loving it :D .....got the TVR bug out of my system. If funds would permit I'd have both sat on my drive. If you're willing to risk the possible engine probs or the 1200 quid for a new clutch fitted etc then go for it - I don't regret buying mine even though I lost about 5K over 8 months with servicing,a few niggly jobs(new speed sensor,headlamp reset bla bla) and depreciation. The great memories I have of that car far outway the cost of ownership. Good luck! chinky chinky

#51 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

I would love a TVR but would not want to be driving around being concerned that there was a huge bill around the corner.

#52 Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Guest_Mikey (Guest)

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

Mikey
That car is awesome and seriously tempts me!!

Can the tvr gold warranty be extended?

And im only 15mins away too

Yes, the warranty can be extended. You can even extend the wear and tear add-on until you've hit 50k miles.

"If you're willing to risk the possible engine probs or the 1200 quid for a new clutch fitted etc then go for it"

the warranty should cover these things. My car already had a new clutch fitted last year under warranty.

You're more than welcome to come for a drive. I'm available every night until the 15th August, when I go on my hols.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users