Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#181 skidsharples

skidsharples

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

Some of us have access to DVLA databases, but can only do searches for certain legitimate reasons. "A friend" tells me they cost a couple of quid per search. I suspect some of us have already done DVLA searches on both reg plates say 1 month before Imran bought the car and already know the answer to the rather now rhetorical question "who previosly owned the car?".

#182 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

Just received yet another PM from Imran where he fails to give me the name and address of the previous owner. He is now saying that he will only supply details to those interested in buying his car. Anyone nearby want to phone up and go for a viewing? You can always say you saw his advert on Pistonheads rather than on this thread.

#183 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

Got to say of all the threads this is by far and away one of the best I have read. Many points to er point out though. 1, Big tashyboy thanks to all the persons who have put themselves out in trying to find out the history of the car for sale. 2, Not at all happy with people being slagged off before the truth has come out, IF and it is an IF the person in question is naive, liar, conman, unlucky, telling the truth or what eva, THEN and only THEN should the FLAMING or APLOLOGIES commence. I suspect the flaming will be a lot quicker in coming than the apologies should that be the case. 3, SHOULD Imrans car be cosha, then that indicates to me that someone else is driving around in a dodgy VXR, where is it? who's is it 4, Imran the ball seems to be firmly on your side of the court re the outcome of this. As a neutral the evidence so far does not look good. I hope you can come up with the information requested by Tango alpha and others. 5, Finally, It is one day my dream car to own and I must say once more a big thanks to all who have shown a genuine interest in the history of VXR's, If I do one day find myself in the position of purchasing a VXR, I will definately ask the question on here, Does anyone know the history of VXR ? At the moment though Imran I, and I suspect no one on the VX220org fraternity would touch your car with a barge pole, ( unless the price was reduced drastically).

#184 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:25 PM

More like you realised the racist undertome of your humour so you deleted it

Ooh ooh, he played the race card. :D

Imran, there's no racism here, we're all just names on a screen. thumbsup

Says the Welshman that hates Glasgow and London! Mind you, can see his point with London..!

I hate all cities (they're full of dykes and queers. ;) ) but I have no problems with the unfortunate peeps that have to live there, surely racism needs civillians of some sort to be involved?? :lol:

PS, what's wrong with being a welshman????? :tt:

Imran, you really should just come clean, sell me your car for 12k and scurry off back under that rock. thumbsup

#185 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

Some of us have access to DVLA databases, but can only do searches for certain legitimate reasons. "A friend" tells me they cost a couple of quid per search. I suspect some of us have already done DVLA searches on both reg plates say 1 month before Imran bought the car and already know the answer to the rather now rhetorical question "who previosly owned the car?".

Skidsharples any chance of naming said person , PLEASE.

#186 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

Nothing wrong with the Welsh - especially the nurse that's just moved into my street! :D

#187 skidsharples

skidsharples

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

As I said previously, anyone conducting a DVLA search must have a legitimate reason. If someone has done a search, i am sure they would not post the result. A this stage I do not know, but for those that have already done a search (and i am sure there must be quite a few), they will also have to be very careful what they put on a public forum due to the Data Protection Act. Whether the Act applies depends upon the result of the search. However, Imran has the opportunity to clear his name here. I sense from the lack of response that there may be something to hide. If I had found out this info about a car I had bought I would have been most willing to name the seller. Doing so does not incriminate anyone, the seller may be also innocent.

#188 Spindoctor

Spindoctor

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Nothing wrong with the Welsh - especially the nurse that's just moved into my street! :D

Pics? Would be good to have something to look at while waiting for Imran's info on the previous owner :rolleyes:

#189 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

Pics? Would be good to have something to look at while waiting for Imran's info on the previous owner :rolleyes:

None as yet - she likes the car though (mind you, so would I if I drove a bright yellow Fester Zetec S with a flippin' Grand Prix flag on the roof)! Maybe sometime soon I'll get to post in the "Game Girlfriend" section!

...Or maybe not. Calling all CleanCutYoungLadies!

Edited by Cleancutyoungman, 03 August 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#190 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Says the Welshman that hates Glasgow and London! Mind you, can see his point with London..!

I hate all cities (they're full of dykes and queers. ;) ) but I have no problems with the unfortunate peeps that have to live there, surely racism needs civillians of some sort to be involved?? :lol:

Imran, you really should just come clean, sell me your car for 12k and scurry off back under that rock. thumbsup

is that all u can afford under your rock? shame that isnt it

#191 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

is that all u can afford under your rock? shame that isnt it

I'd apologise for my thread hijack - if you hadn't done such a good job of hijacking your own for sale thread! That's got to be a first... I'd also sympathise with you over some member's comments but for one thing; you are not being very tractable over the history of your car. It's a two second job to read a V5, and put up the information. Can you blame anyone here for the comments on your VXR (personal comments aside)?

#192 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

As I said previously, anyone conducting a DVLA search must have a legitimate reason.

If someone has done a search, i am sure they would not post the result. A this stage I do not know, but for those that have already done a search (and i am sure there must be quite a few), they will also have to be very careful what they put on a public forum due to the Data Protection Act. Whether the Act applies depends upon the result of the search.

However, Imran has the opportunity to clear his name here. I sense from the lack of response that there may be something to hide. If I had found out this info about a car I had bought I would have been most willing to name the seller. Doing so does not incriminate anyone, the seller may be also innocent.

I am contacting the previous owner to find out myself the history of MY car, what i dont get is that all you lot want to contact them also, what are you going to say to them "I am trying to find out the history of a car that i do not own and do not intend to buy, because i have nothing better to do, was wandering if you could help me?"

#193 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

As I said previously, anyone conducting a DVLA search must have a legitimate reason.

If someone has done a search, i am sure they would not post the result. A this stage I do not know, but for those that have already done a search (and i am sure there must be quite a few), they will also have to be very careful what they put on a public forum due to the Data Protection Act. Whether the Act applies depends upon the result of the search.

However, Imran has the opportunity to clear his name here. I sense from the lack of response that there may be something to hide. If I had found out this info about a car I had bought I would have been most willing to name the seller. Doing so does not incriminate anyone, the seller may be also innocent.

I am contacting the previous owner to find out myself the history of MY car, what i dont get is that all you lot want to contact them also, what are you going to say to them "I am trying to find out the history of a car that i do not own and do not intend to buy, because i have nothing better to do, was wandering if you could help me?"

YOU are the one trying to sell it HERE!

#194 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

two points to you! i am also trying to sell it elsewhere, what does that have to do with anything?

#195 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

because i have nothing better to do, was wandering if you could help me?" [/quote] if someone phone me and ask me about the history of the car because he has nothing to do i'll give him a job lol :P :P :P to come and clean the car :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry i had to post and this thread B) B)

#196 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

It's alright, we'll find the name and address of the previous owner another way.

I imagine the conversation going something like the following...

"Hello, sorry to bother you. I am trying to verify the history of VX220 VXR number 16. We have someone on the owners club site trying to sell the car and has stated that there has been no accident damage. We also have some photographs that show a very similar car with a lot of accident damage. Can you tell me in what condition was the car when you sold it? When did you sell it? Who did you sell it to? Do you mind telling me how much you sold it for?"

Once I have the answers to those questions, I think the mystery will be over.

#197 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Imran would it not just be sensible to post the previous owners details then it will clear up the whole problem, you may think it is none of our business but you decided to advertise it for free on this site which is a forum for current, past and future members with a shared love of this little plastic car and therefore you must understand the curiosity/ doubts the pictures and other information have cast on your car. Also the quicker it gets cleared up the quicker you can get on with selling the car, maybe even to someone on here.

#198 snoopstah

snoopstah

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

two points to you! i am also trying to sell it elsewhere, what does that have to do with anything?

The fact is that you've effectively made a perfectly sellable car completely unsaleable!

I'd have no problem buying an accident-repaired VXR if I was confident that the work had been done to the proper levels and that there was no chassis damage (or other unrepaired/unrepairable damage).

However, what you've done on this thread is pretty much lose any credibility you had, or indeed are ever likely to get back. Unfortunately you're so tangled up in your own web of lies that you no longer seem able to see how ridiculous you sound - you've reached the level of people claiming they've been abducted by aliens!

Your complete unwillingness to provide the details off the V5 is bad enough - I simply can't see any reason why anyone in your situation would withhold that information at this point unless your story is fabricated. But tie that into the fact that we know conclusively that someone with the same phone number as you bought VX220 bodywork that is coincidentally pretty much exactly what was required to repair the car off eBay is just the icing on the cake.

Seriously, if you expect us to believe that your brother just happens to repair VX220s, you happen to use the computer in his workshop even late in the evening, he happens to use a username virtually identical to yours, and that he somehow mixed up your phone number with his, I suggest you stop wasting your time on here and buy a lottery ticket - you're a dead cert for the jackpot.

Edited by snoopstah, 03 August 2007 - 07:44 PM.

#199 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

If I were interested in your car I would find your "furtive" demeanour, evasiveness and belligerence just a little... iffy. If you have nothing to hide what's taking you so long to upload some simple information? Plus, the car is advertised elsewhere - do you think prospective owners won't take a look here at the forum before you disappear off into the sunset with £20k of their hard-earned? If people are insulting you on here they should cut it out cause there is no need. But dodging simple questions is hardly raising your profile in a good way, and being surly is just going to paint you in the worst possible light. The reason these forums exist is to pool information, not go on a witch hunt; if you can't accept that (and the circumstantial evidence that is steadily rising past your waist) pull the ad/announce it's sold/put it on eBay. And no, I don't "do" racism. In any shape or form (Right, Mr. EGiant?? :D ) (where's the "Nurse" smiley?!!)

Edited by Cleancutyoungman, 03 August 2007 - 07:51 PM.

#200 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

Your trying to sell it here and the list of questions over this car is getting longer and longer by the minute...

I'm suprised that there has not yet been a post placed on PistonHeads VX forum linking to this thread so any potential purchacers from there can form their own opinion on VXR 16's history as well.

Edited by MrSimba, 03 August 2007 - 07:48 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users