Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#201 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

As I said previously, anyone conducting a DVLA search must have a legitimate reason.

If someone has done a search, i am sure they would not post the result. A this stage I do not know, but for those that have already done a search (and i am sure there must be quite a few), they will also have to be very careful what they put on a public forum due to the Data Protection Act. Whether the Act applies depends upon the result of the search.

However, Imran has the opportunity to clear his name here. I sense from the lack of response that there may be something to hide. If I had found out this info about a car I had bought I would have been most willing to name the seller. Doing so does not incriminate anyone, the seller may be also innocent.

Thanks for clearing that up, me man. Seeing as Imran is logged on he has the ideal opportunity to say whether the car was or was not owned by someone he knows, without naming them.

#202 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

As I said previously, anyone conducting a DVLA search must have a legitimate reason.

If someone has done a search, i am sure they would not post the result. A this stage I do not know, but for those that have already done a search (and i am sure there must be quite a few), they will also have to be very careful what they put on a public forum due to the Data Protection Act. Whether the Act applies depends upon the result of the search.

However, Imran has the opportunity to clear his name here. I sense from the lack of response that there may be something to hide. If I had found out this info about a car I had bought I would have been most willing to name the seller. Doing so does not incriminate anyone, the seller may be also innocent.

Thanks for clearing that up, me man. Seeing as Imran is logged on he has the ideal opportunity to say whether the car was or was not owned by someone he knows, without naming them.

it was not owned by someone i know as the so called dvla detectives will already know it was owned by........

someone in kent by the name of Mr or Mrs Willis and as i have already said i have written to them to learn more about the cars history, so get over it all of you.
You will find out when i do

#203 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

someone in kent by the name of Mr or Mrs Willis and as i have already said i have written to them to learn more about the cars history, so get over it all of you. You will find out when i do

Could you PM me their address please. It would not be a good idea to post it up publicly as I suspect a lot of people could pester them. With their name and address I'm sure I could find a phone number. Or there might even be an VX owner nearby. Or failing that, I could take my GF for a day out to Kent and we could stop off while we were there.

I feel we're closer to proving whether your car and the damaged car are the same one or not. I hope you are looking forward to getting the answer as much as we all are.

If Mr/Mrs Willis misrepresented the history of the car when you bought it, you may be able to claim some recompense from him (although it may need to be taken through the courts to get it).

It may be that we need to find the owner prior to Mr/Mrs Willis as the car may have been damaged before they bought it. Mr/Mrs Willis may have been unaware of the damage too.

The sooner we determine when the damage happened (if at all), the sooner you can get on with selling your car without this hanging over it.

I hope for your sake that the car is 100% accident-free, as if it's not it would mean a very big drop in the price you could get for it.

#204 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

someone in kent by the name of Mr or Mrs Willis and as i have already said i have written to them to learn more about the cars history, so get over it all of you. You will find out when i do

Could you PM me their address please. It would not be a good idea to post it up publicly as I suspect a lot of people could pester them. With their name and address I'm sure I could find a phone number. Or there might even be an VX owner nearby. Or failing that, I could take my GF for a day out to Kent and we could stop off while we were there.

I feel we're closer to proving whether your car and the damaged car are the same one or not. I hope you are looking forward to getting the answer as much as we all are.

If Mr/Mrs Willis misrepresented the history of the car when you bought it, you may be able to claim some recompense from him (although it may need to be taken through the courts to get it).

It may be that we need to find the owner prior to Mr/Mrs Willis as the car may have been damaged before they bought it. Mr/Mrs Willis may have been unaware of the damage too.

The sooner we determine when the damage happened (if at all), the sooner you can get on with selling your car without this hanging over it.

I hope for your sake that the car is 100% accident-free, as if it's not it would mean a very big drop in the price you could get for it.

You are full of it? send you a pm you say? your the one who has been cut/pasting my pms to you onto the forum. Your a joke!
Why do you think I wont put the name and address up because people on here will pester them, people like you! I have sent them a letter and will see the outcome of it and will then let everyone know.

#205 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

do I see the light at the end of the tunnel or the light getting dimmer :blink:

#206 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

You are full of it? send you a pm you say? your the one who has been cut/pasting my pms to you onto the forum. Your a joke!
Why do you think I wont put the name and address up because people on here will pester them, people like you! I have sent them a letter and will see the outcome of it and will then let everyone know.

Imran with the greatest of respect , you bought the car from them, why not just call at their house like you did when you bought the car and speak to them direct, surely that would be the easiest and quickest way to put YOUR mind at rest..which surely you want ??

#207 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

Imran with the greatest of respect , you bought the car from them, why not just call at their house like you did when you bought the car and speak to them direct, surely that would be the easiest and quickest way to put YOUR mind at rest..which surely you want ?? [/quote] like i already said i purchased the car from a private trader hence the reason i am now gettin in touch with the previous owner

#208 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Just who is the mystery Imran.... Surely it is obvious Imran.... Ianrm........???? :lol: He works at a VX garage don't he??? :P :lol: Just kiddin', honest...... :D

Edited by XXX, 03 August 2007 - 08:38 PM.

#209 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

[quote name='ImranVXR1' date='Aug 3 2007, 21:34 ' post='622332']
Imran with the greatest of respect , you bought the car from them, why not just call at their house like you did when you bought the car and speak to them direct, surely that would be the easiest and quickest way to put YOUR mind at rest..which surely you want ??
[/quote]

like i already said i purchased the car from a private trader hence the reason i am now gettin in touch with the previous owner
[/quote]
Sorry I missed that bit, you might be on a sticky wicket if you didn't buy it directly from them, if it was damaged they could say they informed the trader (which they might well have done) and then its your word against the trader.

#210 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Imran, with respect, writing to the previous owner is hardly to most efficient way of contacting them in this day and age. Where was the advert for this car when you bought it??? Not on here, for sure, Autotrader?? Ebay?? Pistonheads?? Damage Repairables Monthly?? Salvage Weekly??

Have you not got a phone number/email address??? I have for the seller of my car. I have even got the ebay advert printed out. Have you tried 118 118 for their phone number??? Have you any other documentation for such a unique (1 of 65) car that could help YOU. Provenence is everything with these oh so easy to damage cars........

Shite... Ianrm is online......!! :D

Edited by XXX, 03 August 2007 - 08:46 PM.

#211 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

Just who is the mystery Imran....

Surely it is obvious Imran.... Ianrm........???? :lol:

He works at a VX garage don't he??? :P :lol:

Just kiddin', honest...... :D

:o :o :o me .................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ianrm, 03 August 2007 - 08:50 PM.

#212 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

Imran, with respect, writing to the previous owner is hardly to most efficient way of contacting them in this day and age. Where was the advert for this car when you bought it??? Not on here, for sure, Autotrader?? Ebay?? Pistonheads?? Damage Repairables Monthly?? Salvage Weekly??

Have you not got a phone number/email address??? I have for the seller of my car. I have even got the ebay advert printed out. Have you tried 118 118 for their phone number??? Have you any other documentation for such a unique (1 of 65) car that could help YOU. Provenence is everything with these oh so easy to damage cars........

Shite... Ianrm is online......!! :D

I have already tried 118 118 and the phonebook no number comes up if i get no response i will take a drive down there.
had enough of all of this am off for a blat in the VXR rallly

#213 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

It's a bit late isn't it ? they may be :sleepy:

#214 djegiant

djegiant

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Guys, how long are we going to sit here and listen to Mr Imran play us for particularly naive fools? Also if I was him I'd be a little embarrassed at the rather condescending, benefit of the doubt attitude some people on here have taken toward him. If I were him the time would have come (long ago.) where I'd hold my hands up and purge myself of all sins. Dude, you're a liar end of story. :poke:

#215 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

I can certainly help clear up one aspect of this, I live about 15 minutes from Crawley, give me the address of your brothers bodyshop and I can see if the pictures were taken there or not. EDIT: Don't worry I have just found the address

Edited by Bletch, 03 August 2007 - 09:02 PM.

#216 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Dude, you're a liar end of story. :poke:

:lol:

Hold the thought....

Think it dont post it mate ;)

#217 vx220na

vx220na

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Cars, leetube.co.uk (making tunes) Gaming, Drums, Art... etc etc

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

To be quite honest, if I had this thread hanging over the sale of my car, I would have disclosed the name of the previous owner as soon as someone asked for it!

I wont put the name and address up because people on here will pester them

Erm....Why exactly would you want to protect them? (family ties? LOL)

If they get hassle then, so what, what does it matter to you? I would personally ENCOURAGE people to pester them if I had thought they had sold me a pile of shite!

Imran, Give up son. BUSTED! (In my opinion obviously)

VERY entertaining thread though. Thanks for that. If you have any other Cat C/D vehicles for sale, feel free to post here. Im sure our Resident sherlocks will enjoy the hunt.

With regards to the "Sherlocks" Top fooking job!

:groupjump:

Edited by vx220na, 03 August 2007 - 09:06 PM.

#218 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

:D :lol: Wow what a read , i for once will not comment, however things will become clearer in time ;) Rs Jas

#219 amanda

amanda

Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

What a crock of sh** lol :poke: Sounds a big bag of cr** to me! Dont buy IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this forum :grouphug: Well done Tango & Chuno :grouphug:

#220 Wazzer

Wazzer

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

Have been following this thread closely and cannot wait for the final conclusion. Really think the chances of this car being sold here about the same as me sprouting wings and flying to the moon!! This forum is superb, the way people help each other out and share advice is amazing. :grouphug:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users