Photo

Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#221 auldyn

auldyn

• Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Red Wine, Champagne, Women with attitude.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

I do hope this is resolved very soon. I’ve spent so much time this week following this “crime thriller” that I’ll be getting sacked (I wish) and then I’ll have to sell the VX. Maybe Imran could do my “sales and marketing” for me? (joking)

#222 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

well i for one admit i was initially wrong and having previously enqiured about this car i am very glad i didnt even look at it thumbsup to the mods thumbsdown to Imran

#223 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:10 AM

What a crock of sh** lol :poke:

Sounds a big bag of cr** to me!

Dont buy IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this forum :grouphug:

Well done Tango & Chuno :grouphug:

Should'nt that be tango an cash :D

#224 MOz

MOz

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

I am astounded by the depth of investigation that has gone on into this car by the site populous and the distinct lack of investigation that appears to have been done by the seller. I hope for your sake Imran the car's history is nice and clean and that you have a great example of a cracking car for sale that another real enthusiast can appreciate.

The scary thing about this for a nieve country bumpkin like me is the lengths some could go to make a totally rebuilt wreck look like a pristine car and scam someone's very hard earned cash out of them. The lack of co-operation shown by the seller, especially in a forum full of VX experts, has made my mind up about the car and its history and I hope that nobody gets their fingers burnt before the car's true history is unveiled.

If you are knowingly trying to selling a damaged repaired car as a mint example then you know what sort of lowlife you are and have been well and truly sussed here.

If you bought the car in potentially the same manner someone might buy it from you now, ie in ignorance, then you have my utmost sympathy and I hope you resolve the situation with your seller.

For god's sake though, allow these very knowledable people to help you get to the bottom of the situation. They only have the "do the right thing" menatality at heart and do it for the love of the Marque. Dragging your heals will only increase the suspicious nature of the car's history and the sale on the whole.

I genuinely hope you are an innocent "private seller" and get the situation sorted very soon.

The quicker we get to the bottom of this, the quicker any potential buyers from other advert sources can be warned as to whether the car's a lemon or a proper belter.

MOz

#225 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Some logic...
Car is not damaged	  Can be proved		   Full price sale
Car is not damaged	  Can't be proved		 Probable full price sale
Car is damaged		  Can't be proved		 Possible full price sale to a naive buyer
Car is damaged		  Can be proved		   Cut price sale
The only way that Imran must sale at a cut price is if the car is damaged and it can be proved.

As it only really matters if it can be proved that it was damaged, I am suspicious of anyone who seems to be hiding a car's history.

More logic...
Paid full price		 Proven damaged		  Sell for cut price		  Loss
Paid full price		 Proven not damaged	  Sell for full price		 Break even
Paid cut price		  Proven damaged		  Sell for cut price		  Break even
Paid cut price		  Proven not damaged	  Sell for full price		 Profit
Again, the only way to make a loss would be if the car was proven to be damaged. While no one actually knows, a profit is still possible.

If the car isn't saleable to anyone here, it could always be sold to a garage. It may be that it would mean a 5%/10% cut in the price, but it would still be achieving something near the £20k asking price.

Unless of course, there is something about the car that a garage/mechanic would spot Posted Image

#226 Flanners

Flanners

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Into my cars, motorbikes and road bking

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

I have been racking my brains and I think I know where I know this VXR from. It is from near me in Tunbridge Wells. Southborough in fact, it is now no longer on their drive, I will give them a knock today and find out I am almost sure that this is the car and it has not been on their drive for several months. Will post later on today with the news. I am 99.9% sure this is one of the same. I am also sure that this VXR was in the For Sale section last year for around the £21K mark? If someone does a search?

#227 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

While I agree with most of the comments regarding the sale of the car...the request to divulge the previous owners details here or to the moderators is wrong without the say so of the previous owner. If someone really wants to purchase it ...then the request is valid..... for VX220.org to ask for this info' is quite frankly ludicrious...... I think.. yes.. we are trying to protect potential buyers but that is not with VX220.orgs remit. This thread will highlight what any potential buyershould look out for. Quite frankly its not the forums buisiness..... (even if we are trying are best to stop anyone being ripped off)

#228 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

With respect, that's rubish Dave. Previous owner information is publicly available (for a fee) so where's the issue? Imi can refuse if he wishes (and probably will). I can't believe you're seeking to protect the instigator of the most blatent sacm this forum has ever seen. Are you on some Liberty mission?

#229 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

I contacted him and he has replied saying that it may have had some accident damage and that he is looking into it. Some honesty at last. Still wouldn't buy it though :D

#230 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

With respect, that's rubish Dave...... NO

Previous owner information is publicly available (for a fee) YES so where's the issue? There is not

Imi can refuse if he wishes (and probably will). Agreed

I can't believe you're seeking to protect the instigator of the most blatent sacm this forum has ever seen. I'm not

Are you on some Liberty mission?...NO

:unsure: :rolleyes: :wub:

#231 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

Err, reight...that clears that one up then :D

#232 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

:wub: Foxy :grouphug: :dry: Anyway back on topic... Chuno knows who sent the photos - YES The person who sent them to him thinks they are from Iram - YES If that person can state (or honesty thinks) that they came from Iram...can that person say so. Or if the mods know who the originator of the photos is ...SAY SO. Then its case closed Imran has knowingly tried to conceal the facts. No more questions that should resolve this problem. So stand up and be counted that person!

Edited by Dave, 04 August 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#233 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Dave, we know the answers to those questions, but don't wish to alienate anybody or put them in an aawkward position.. It would be FAR simpler for Imran just to own up.

#234 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

Dave, we know the answers to those questions, but don't wish to alienate anybody or put them in an aawkward position..

It would be FAR simpler for Imran just to own up.

I am not sure he is going to do that though

#235 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

Dave, we know the answers to those questions, but don't wish to alienate anybody or put them in an aawkward position..

It would be FAR simpler for Imran just to own up.

arrrhhhh haaa as I suspected. (now that was not difficult)

So it is behond resonable doubt. (or on the balance of probability)

So he is GUILTY....thanks Cocopops......thats made my mind up...no point now getting him to admit it now.

Posted Image

Equally I think Imran knows who he sent the photos to

Edited by Dave, 04 August 2007 - 06:02 PM.

#236 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

Dave, The moderators have been discussing this VXR since about 30 minutes after this thread was started. We have a little more information than is available in this thread but we don't want to put anyone in an awkward position, just as CocoPops has said, so it will remain private. The circumstantial evidence shown on this thread has been enough to persuade the vast majority of readers that the damaged car in the photos and the car Imran has for sale are one and the same. The final piece of evidence that will prove without a doubt, one way or the other, will come from the previous owner (or possibly the dealer to which the previous owner sold the car). This should hopefully tell us whether the car has been damaged and, if so, when that damage occurred. As I have said earlier, I hope that this whole thing has been a big coincidence as that would mean that no one has been ripped off, Imran can sell his car and the future owner will have a 100% sound VXR. If not, someone along the line has been untruthful which is verging on, if not totally, criminal/fraudulent.

#237 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

:wub: Foxy :grouphug: :dry:

Anyway back on topic...

Chuno knows who sent the photos - YES

The person who sent them to him thinks they are from Iram - YES

If that person can state (or honesty thinks) that they came from Iram...can that person say so.

Imran has knowingly tried to conceal the facts.

Please tell me were i have concealed any facts? and who is this Iram person? why cant you (chuno) just say who sent those pics to you.

#238 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

Also.... following on from Tims and my earlier posts... its not just one person that we have information from either ;) There are a number of people each with info that ties together.

#239 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

why cant you (chuno) just say who sent those pics to you.

Why does it matter who sent the pics?

#240 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

why cant you (chuno) just say who sent those pics to you.

Why does it matter who sent the pics?

Because they are not from my brothers garage so i would like to know where they were taken and where they came from to get to the bottom of this, at least then we can know if the car is my car?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users