1366 replies to this topic

#301 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

@ whomever put the ad on Pistonheads: might be worth explaining that the car is the same one as advertised few cars down at http://www.pistonhea...ales/214741.htm

#302 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

shock horror!!

Imran identified :o

swap the letters around!

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Ianrm

:o :o :wacko:
v
v
v
v
v
v

coincidence?

sorry Ian

Edited by Dave, 06 August 2007 - 03:35 PM.

#303 krunchyfrog

krunchyfrog

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. Great work & what a fantastic community. I think the Kaiser Chiefs sums this thread up... 'We are the angry mob. We read the papers every day. We like who we like. We hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed' :lol:

#304 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Many things.....

Some as simple as linking user ids/email addresses/ ip addresses, others slightly more complex. Also, "eye witness" information from people that wish to remain anonymous.

People forget what they have told other people, and that the forum software logs a lot more than just name and post.

Coco pops.
Cheers me man, I know my insistence on asking what/how etc went into discovering Imrans dodgy dealings with trying to sell VXR no16 may of narked some people but you have to understand that not all 44 year olds ( Although looks a lot younger wi a tash ) know how a computer works, christ it took me nearly 2 years to work out how to quote someone. Re the future I do not think that we have seen or heard the last from Imran. After all you never really do get that dog poo off the bottom of your shoe do you. I did say that once the truth was known the flaming or apologies would begin. I think Imran has got off very very light, maybe thats because the 220 org members are not willing to stoop to his level.

One thing that really puzzles me is if he had from the outset let it be known on here that he was trying to repair a damaged VXR, I am convinced that he would of had a lot more help in accessing parts and repairing the car and got a better price for it, and that is something you do not need hindsight to know.

#305 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

whoever did put that on Ph are you going to do the same with Bletch's old one? no 39

http://www.pistonhea...ales/206816.htm

#306 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

Imran, we have not heard from you for a while or have you ended it all :D

#307 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

shock horror!!

Imran identified :o

swap the letters around!

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Ianrm

:o :o :wacko:
v
v
v
v
v
v

coincidence?

sorry Ian

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#308 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

:D

#309 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

:D ended it all? the end will be once the remainder of the deposit taken today is paid :P

#310 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Yeah right! Has your brother bought it :P

#311 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

:D ended it all? the end will be once the remainder of the deposit taken today is paid :P

Did you tell the buyer about any accident damage?

#312 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

What do you reckon?

#313 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

:9mm:

You'd be suprised the amount of phonecalls I have had from people on this forum interested in my car, fact of the matter is people are not too fussed as long as the car is repaired to a good standard and as i said from the outset any inspection welcome, and so when the RAC popped along they were greeted, welcomed given a cup of tea and they have inspected my car and given a full clean bill of health, hence a deposit was left. While mentioning phonecalls one of your so called close knit community gave me some more info on the info you were not willing to give me so your knowledge or protection of community members is now exposed. Those who were watchin from the shadows but never decided to comment on this thread, you know who you are, and so do i now? I bet alot of people are curious too hmmm.......

#314 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

All I hope is that the new owner of VXR16 either: a ) knows it is damaged repaired b ) never comes on here and reads the thread c ) walks away before committing to it

#315 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hasn't this whistle blowing got a tad OTT now? AFAIK there isn't any concrete proof in this thread...either way surely it would have been better to let the PH mods deal with the advert as opposed to a post linking to all this bickering? Just my 10p

#316 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

:9mm:

You'd be suprised the amount of phonecalls I have had from people on this forum interested in my car, fact of the matter is people are not too fussed as long as the car is repaired to a good standard and as i said from the outset any inspection welcome, and so when the RAC popped along they were greeted, welcomed given a cup of tea and they have inspected my car and given a full clean bill of health, hence a deposit was left. While mentioning phonecalls one of your so called close knit community gave me some more info on the info you were not willing to give me so your knowledge or protection of community members is now exposed. Those who were watchin from the shadows but never decided to comment on this thread, you know who you are, and so do i now? I bet alot of people are curious too hmmm.......

I think you have done well to get £15k :P

#317 Westyman

Westyman

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

After all the stirring that has been done I'm disappointed that the proof and facts have not been disclosed on the open forum. Why is this? Are the moderators concerned for recriminations?

What evidence links the damaged car to Imran's car apart from the number plates?

Afterall someone could Paintshop Pro any number plate onto a car and post a pic on a forum.

John

mod- fixed quote

Edited by Foxy, 06 August 2007 - 09:06 PM.

#318 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

fact of the matter is people are not too fussed as long as the car is repaired to a good standard and as i said from the outset any inspection welcome

So you are at least now admitting it's damaged repaired?

#319 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hasn't this whistle blowing got a tad OTT now?

AFAIK there isn't any concrete proof in this thread...either way surely it would have been better to let the PH mods deal with the advert as opposed to a post linking to all this bickering?

Just my 10p

Your 10p is spot on, but some people are just adamant to stick there noses in wherever they can, probably because they have nothing better to do, however, the thread has actually publicised my car very well, so a big thank you to all those involved chinky chinky

#320 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

C'mon Jules - get a grip TAGL @ Imi - you are so full of it!! :lol:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users