BFOD :)

#342 johnaachen

johnaachen

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Interests:Karting, F1, golf, tennis, binge drinking, giving up smoking

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

I have a question that has bothered me....if Imran bought the spare parts for a different VX220 that has obviously been damaged....what happened to it? If memory serves it was for his brother - right? Now if he wanted to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the car his brother was repairing was not the one he is trying to sell then he could perhaps post details of that car.......or even a photocopy (with names etc deleted) of the invoice/bill/receipt of the work done to that other car...... Also... ....a better explanation as to why he changed the rear tyres? ....why he debadged the VXR220? That will teach me to drink....everything above is complete nonsense! FFS John read the thread properly!!!!!!! No hang on...he did buy parts didnt he? Did he? fcuk i am drunk again...someone else post and put me out of my misery!

Edited by johnaachen, 06 August 2007 - 10:00 PM.

#343 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

FFS stop digging and bail out with some semblence of dignity (if thats remotely possible)

It's not about dignity, it never was. It's all about money and profit.

Not from your point of view, obviously.

I was referring to Imran being fundementally caught out :rolleyes:

#344 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Only one Vx existed in the above scenario, the Vxr ;)

#345 danVXT

danVXT

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Cars / Gadgets / Gym

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

That will teach me to drink....everything above is complete nonsense! FFS John read the thread properly!!!!!!!

No hang on...he did buy parts didnt he? Did he? fcuk i am drunk again...someone else post and put me out of my misery!

:lol: :lol:

#346 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

FFS stop digging and bail out with some semblence of dignity (if thats remotely possible)

It's not about dignity, it never was. It's all about money and profit.

Not from your point of view, obviously.

I was referring to Imran being fundementally caught out :rolleyes:

So was I.

#347 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

What a thread, better than the DaVinci Code! I think the fact that the owners look out for each other is a great thing. Imran has been very clever with his/her words and has insinuated but never actually admitted to that specific car being an accident repair, (as a result comes across as very dodgy and hiding something, highly evasive) . For me the circumstantial evidence right from the start screams stay away from that car, things just don't add up. However this thread has shown no absolute facts. Can someone in the know please state categorically that the car Imran is selling VXR 16 is a crash repair car and back up that fact beyond all reasonable doubt. Then delete all the other 17 pages of twottle and keep the link up to protect any other buyers.

Edited by dw1, 06 August 2007 - 11:54 PM.

#348 VXR_loving_it

VXR_loving_it

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

Imran, with respect, writing to the previous owner is hardly to most efficient way of contacting them in this day and age. Where was the advert for this car when you bought it??? Not on here, for sure, Autotrader?? Ebay?? Pistonheads?? Damage Repairables Monthly?? Salvage Weekly??

Have you not got a phone number/email address??? I have for the seller of my car. I have even got the ebay advert printed out. Have you tried 118 118 for their phone number??? Have you any other documentation for such a unique (1 of 65) car that could help YOU. Provenence is everything with these oh so easy to damage cars........

Shite... Ianrm is online......!! :D

had enough of all of this am off for a blat in the VXR rallly

Wasn't it a "blat" in the VXR that caused all of your problems in the first place?

Edited by VXR_loving_it, 07 August 2007 - 09:17 AM.

#349 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

LOL @ Imran 'exposing' the Mods. If you think that you know anything that everyone else doesn't, that might be slightly interesting, please let us know. :rolleyes: . Although I'm not really sure if i beleive anything any more. Have you really got any 'secret info'. Have you really sold the car???? Complete BS thumbsup

Edited by chuno, 07 August 2007 - 10:52 AM.

#350 VXR_loving_it

VXR_loving_it

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

I would dare to suggest that he will lay low for a few months. Hoping that the smoke clears and the dust settles.... A tenner say's this heap of sh*t will re-surface for sale in a month or two, probably under another assumed name on a different website (if the guy has any sense whatsoever). I dunno, I start looking for aVXR and this is the very first thread I see. Great for comedy value though. thumbsup

#351 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

he may add vxd badges and stick on the front v and disguise that horrendous vxr paint on his front grill but vxr no16 will in my eyes always be a piece of poop! lol

#352 VXR_loving_it

VXR_loving_it

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

he may add vxd badges and stick on the front v and disguise that horrendous vxr paint on his front grill but vxr no16 will in my eyes always be a piece of poop! lol

The car may be "ok" as far as accident damaged motors go.......However due to Imran's obvious inability to just be straight with people the car has now lost ALL credibility - which is a shame. To be a good liar, you have to be consistent and at least not come across as evasive and obvious - bluntly put, Imran really is pretty thick, bless him.

Imran. The world is a small place, people talk, especially on the internet, so may this be a lesson to you. Be honest, be straight and you will find life far easier (and cars far easier to sell).

You are what can be simply described as a dodgy fool selling a car with a sordid history. You are an arse.

TangoAlpha: fixed spelling of sworded/sordid

Edited by TangoAlpha, 07 August 2007 - 11:20 AM.

#353 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

I wonder if Imran recommends this site to the new owner of his car :P

#354 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

Lets hope he/she did some research :unsure:

#355 VXR_loving_it

VXR_loving_it

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

It hasn't sold. It's a classic method used by people who have been well and truly owned on the public domain! Sold, my arse. Give it time, the car will magically re-appear for sale somewhere under an assumed name when he thinks everyone's forgot about it. Number 16 !!!!!!

#356 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

so how do you value a car like this then? its not listed so an HPI report will be clear, has it been rolled? how do we know what damage was sustained how would the current owner know assuming he hadnt been told? (unlike in this case it appears)

#357 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

It will be traded in probably :P Imran please take it to a well known twat of a vauxhall dealer - so that they are stuck with it for years and years to come thumbsup

#358 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

:lol: thumbsup

#359 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

so how do you value a car like this then? its not listed so an HPI report will be clear, has it been rolled? how do we know what damage was sustained how would the current owner know assuming he hadnt been told? (unlike in this case it appears)

I think that's the point of all this if a car isn't CAT C or D and the repair has been done properly then the price shouldn't really be affected too much just with this entire sarga I'd have no confidence in anything said about the car.

It will be traded in probably :P

Imran please take it to a well known twat of a vauxhall dealer - so that they are stuck with it for years and years to come thumbsup

BFOD thumbsup

#360 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

I think that's the point of all this if a car isn't CAT C or D and the repair has been done properly then the price shouldn't really be affected too much

The main problem is the report that the car has been "rolled". I can't imagine the chassis would have survived without some bending/twisting as the forces involved during a roll not exactly what the car was designed to withstand :blink:

Has the repairer checked the chassis for damage? Going by a lot of the posts on this thread I can't possibly believe they have.

IMHO, VXR 16 should be given a wide berth until it can be checked by a competent engineer, probably someone at Lotus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users