• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#21 Flanners

Flanners

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Into my cars, motorbikes and road bking

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Cheers for the photos. That about clears that sale up then :lol: :huh: Be nice now for the car trader to put his side. If he has one or many as it may appear!!!

Edited by Flanners, 02 August 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#22 robfenn

robfenn

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Photography, Travelling, Racing Cars.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

I like the way this has turned into a sort of murder mystery. Perhaps it was best to PM Imran the photos beforehand? If these are pictures of the car's history, how do you know he is aware of it? :rolleyes:

Edited by robfenn, 02 August 2007 - 11:24 AM.

#23 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

well said thumbsup

#24 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

I like the way this has turned into a sort of murder mystery. Perhaps it was best to PM Imran the photos beforehand? If these are pictures of the car's history, how do you know he is aware of it?

:rolleyes:

Precisely.....

#25 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

I like the way this has turned into a sort of murder mystery. Perhaps it was best to PM Imran the photos beforehand? If these are pictures of the car's history, how do you know he is aware of it?

How do you know PM's weren't sent?
How do you know he wasn't aware? Anyway - he is now and he can be honest about it's history.
:rolleyes:

#26 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

Maybe the moderators did some detective work behind the scenes that we don't know about? They might have been discussing this before the pictures were posted :unsure:

#27 Flanners

Flanners

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Into my cars, motorbikes and road bking

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

He must be a rather naive if he was not aware of it? The damage to the VXR would indicate a Cat C minimium probably a Cat D right off. If he failed to do an HPI check on it more fool him and anyone else. I suppose it could be as right as rain my own sinister view is he is a trader of some sort who is trying to pass off an insurance right off as legit (have a look at when he joined). I may be wrong and if I am I will wear sack cloth under garments for a week as a punishment. Barge and pole spring to mind for the 20K he has the audacity of asking.

#28 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

i cant see the pictures :(

Edited by wrightster, 02 August 2007 - 11:36 AM.

#29 robfenn

robfenn

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Photography, Travelling, Racing Cars.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

As you've said you're self, perhaps you're being cynical. Give the guy a chance before ruining his and his car's reputation, that's all i'm saying.

#30 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

To all who have commented I bought this car in Feb this year and i did do a HPi check on it and it came up clear and still is Hpi clear as i have just done another one. I am unaware of any accident repairs to my car and am suprised to see these pics. I would like to know where they came from. The HPi check on my car does indeed show that the private plate in the pics did belong to my car from the period of 08/05 to 12/05 but having completed another check on the private plate shown the plate now does belong to another VX220 turbo in red. I can send copies of these checks to anyone who may have an issue with the history of this car. I am not a trader to those who have asked and did have someone who knows cars with me when i purchased it. I have nothing to hide and welcome any inspections to the car for anyone who may be interested. I have all the original badges for the car and the original rear tyres too and will be included with the sale. The car also has service history and i have also found out it has no outstanding recalls to be done. For those who have inquired I will also be MOTing the vehicle before the sale as it will be due in Sept anyway. Feel free to ask any questions Regards Imran

#31 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Feel free to ask any questions

Are you "imi"?

#32 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

Only way to know if the car has been repaired is with the chassis number. If someone wants to PM me I can check on the Vauxhall system.

#33 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

do it snoops... we can have an exclusive SCC VXR club then :D oooh just read the whole post maybe not then!!! or maybe??? the plot thickens

Edited by Dave, 02 August 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#34 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

Only way to know if the car has been repaired is with the chassis number. If someone wants to PM me I can check on the Vauxhall system.

Would this only work if the damage had been recorded?

#35 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

Feel free to ask any questions

Are you "imi"?

imi???? what does that stand for?

My chassis number is W0L0EBR973N007576

#36 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

Not heard of "imi"? What about /imran/imraja/ImranVXR?

Edited by chuno, 02 August 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#37 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

Only if it has been repaired buy a vauxhall style repair centre or gone through insurance, there millions of cars/bikes on uk roads that have had Cat D-C damage - they are fixed privately hence no crash damage history.

Imran if you didn't know then you must be feeling quite bad - what a bummer :(

#38 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

Not heard of "imi"?
What about /imran/imraja/ImranVXR?

imranVXR is me i forgot my password and registered as imranvxr1, imran is my name

Only if it has been repaired buy a vauxhall style repair centre or gone through insurance, there millions of cars/bikes on uk roads that have had Cat D-C damage - they are fixed privately hence no crash damage history.

Imran if you didn't know then you must be feeling quite bad - what a bummer :(

You got that right but am interested to know the history I paid alot of money for the car

#39 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

Well id pay a visit to the cwnt you bought it off thumbsup

#40 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

From username "imi":

Thread title: Crash Box Needed

does anyone have one for sale or anyone know of where i can get one

Thread title: Windscreen Required

anyone got a spare or know of where to get one

Thread title: Wanted: Rear Undershield For Engine

rear undershield for engine the one that bolts to the rear clam and also require

driver side rear wheel arch liner

Thread title: Wanted: Soft Top Roof

required in black have a small tear in my one so need to replace

Thread title: Turbo Rear Clam Wanted

Any colour even a slightly damaged one considered? Cash awaiting

Now, "imi" and "ImranVXR1" both registered from the same IP address (along with "ImranVXR"). That would suggest that "imi" and "ImranVXR1" are the same person.

Or that two people at that address both have red VX220 Turbos and one of them was fairly seriously damaged as seen by the requests for parts needed. That seems a little far fetched, wouldn't you agree?

You also claim not to know who "imi" is...I'd suggest he's using your computer so I'm not entirely sure I believe you.

As you can see Imran, this looks a little fishy. If you have an explanation for this, I would love to hear it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users