Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#541 gary.lythgoe

gary.lythgoe

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

From ITR-DC2 here (integra type-r owners!) and i have to say that was an amusing read :P Nice one guys B)

#542 DaveHarries

DaveHarries

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

I know the post I quoted is from Page 5 of this topic but having been given a link to this thread from another car forum I wonder if I could try and sort things out heree.

Firstly, the damaged car is plated J9 VXR and the one Imran is selling is GX54 ZZL.

The DVLA has a vehicle check database and from this a couple of things lead me to question as to wether J9 VXL and GK54 ZZL are the same vehicle with different plates.

A run of the DVLA entry for J9VXR reads this:

Date of Liability 01 01 2008
Date of First Registration 08 07 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions 202g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval M1

And for GK54 ZZL the entry is:

Date of Liability 01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 01 09 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
CO2 Emissions 202g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval M1

So the vehicles are alike in every way, except for the liability date and the first registration date.

The DVLA database where I got the above info is at http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

Hope it helps to sort things out here.

Dave

Anyone know what the extent of the past damage was?

Must have taken quite a whack to break a wheel, also the rear air vent is punched upwards WTF is all that about? :blink:

From the photos, it looks like the rear lights have been pushed downwards. To me, that would suggest that the car hit something on the passenger side, flipped up (ripping the passenger air vent upwards), continued the roll with the front end in the air and the back end touching down upside-down on the passenger side rear-light, the roll continued and the car touched the ground (still upside-down) on the driver side rear-light and finally returned to "right-side up". This could also explain the lack of damage to the roll bar cover. This could easily have smashed the windscreen due to the twisting forces that would have been occuring in the chassis during the roll. Maybe the whole sequence was triggered by clipping the driver side rear wheel (missing in the photo, presumed destroyed).

This is all just guesswork, so please don't read too much into it.

Note that I am talking about the damaged car in the photos and am not implying anything else.

#543 Absent

Absent

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

Hi everybody! From Cliosport.net I'm quite interested in buying a VX220 now, well have been for a whileso joining this forum will accelrate that now :/ One thing though, are they as good in the twisties as my Clio Cup? What if i drop a box of clogs? I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. This Imran reminds me of that guy who claimed he bought a gold Supra but didn't, remember him?

Edited by Absent, 08 August 2007 - 12:17 AM.

#544 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

A run of the DVLA entry for J9VXR reads this:

Date of Liability 01 01 2008
Date of First Registration 08 07 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
CO2 Emissions 202g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval M1

And for GK54 ZZL the entry is:

Date of Liability 01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 01 09 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
CO2 Emissions 202g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval M1

So the vehicles are alike in every way, except for the liability date and the first registration date.

I believe the liability date is when the tax is due up next.

J9 VXR is due to need tax on 1/1/08, which suggests that it was last taxed on 1/1/07. This is easily possible.

GK54 ZZL is due to be taxed on 1/10/07. This suggests it was last taxed on 1/10/06 which is very close to when we believe the car was bought by Imran. The plate would have been put on the VXR at that point as I guess J9 VXR would have been kept by the previous owner.

Can't explain the date of first registration. Maybe the plate was bought 2 months before the car?

#545 poobah

poobah

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

Both DVLA checks carried out above now relate to two different cars, because J9 VXR has been transferred to a different car. So it figures that date of first registration will now be different. We'd need access to old DVLA data to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that J9 VXR and GK54ZZL were the same car at one point!

#546 IloveImran

IloveImran

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:01 AM

BUSTED Seriousley, well done to VX220.org for busting this dirty scum basterd, go back to selling drugs you f**ing dirty c*nt. rant

#547 Wardy

Wardy

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Skoda Fabia vRS; Motorsport; Digital Photography

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:15 AM

And it's a good morning from Briskoda! :grouphug:

A great read, I've just read this from start to finish. Well done to all involved in outing this particular seller.

Cheers,
Steve

#548 I'mImranAndSoIsMyWife

I'mImranAndSoIsMyWife

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

Greetings from Barryboys.co.uk Scamtastic!!! A bit like watching a bad film, we all knew how it was going to end. A bit more publicity for the scammer in question maybe? Anyone in his area know the local press? I'm sure your community will keep an eye out for No.16 so that when it eventually resurfaces any new owner can be enlightened. If ever I see a red VXR I shall ask what number it is, just to be safe. Pip pip!!

#549 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

well, these 28 pages have kept me busy for a couple of hours at work. I would not have even bothered reading this for sale post if it wasnt for the pistonheads link :rolleyes: oh, by the way, the blue vxt's are the best ;) :P

#550 Inram Arthur Daley

Inram Arthur Daley

• 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

Hi there,

I joined this forum to get advice about buying a VXR I'm looking at and wonder if you can give me some advice.

It's a red VXR being sold by a rather camp man in Crawley called Imi (he did seem to mince somewhat when walking). It's "number 16" apparently (whatever that means) and has the registration number GK54 ZZL. He told me that "16 isn't the new 13, it's not an unlucky number". Why do you think he said that? I asked if it had been in any accidents and he said "no", but that it had had "a small supermarket trolley dent on the o/s rear quarter (now repaired). All seemed very legit to me. The badges have been removed to save weight so it can go faster apparently. Oh, and it pulls to the left a bit but Imi said that's only because the tracking needs tweaking slightly. He only wants £20K for it.

Do you reckon it's a good buy or not?

I was also a bit put off because he kept looking at my bum and insisted I had his phone number - 07788663363. He said we "could meet after hours and come to a deal that might be pleasurable for us both" :blink: Do you think he might be a dodgy seller or something? :wacko:

Greetings from http://www.fiatforum.com ! I'm sure loads on there are going to be having a look come tomorrow morning :D

Imran, you are a low life con merchant scum and I hope you and your business descends further into the cesspit of deceit than any other business has gone before so that you choke to death on the excrement that you spout. May you end up stinking of the sh1t that you are so keen on selling to innocent people. And may your business be permanently linked to this story so that people can see the lies you tell as you fraudulently try and offload repaired salvage at full price.

BTW, maybe someone with all the info. on our lovely Imran and his dodgy business could pass it on to Trading Standards. How fun would that be ;)

Edited by Inram Arthur Daley, 08 August 2007 - 01:48 AM.

#551 Tichy

Tichy

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

Hello from the MG rover Club on both http://www.themgzr.c...ead.php?t=55659 and www.mg-rover.org/. Also soon to be posted on rovertech forums

This thread is great for highlighting the dangers of buying a car just sorry to who ever bought the car ( If anyone did )

At least we know which garage to stay away from ( If his "brothers" garage was real too ) ;)

At this rate no car club with longer use the garage in question which is a plus

Thanks,
Tichy :)

#552 Drifter

Drifter

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

Greetings from SwiftOwners.co.uk this has kept me up all night so far :D

#553 waveydavey

waveydavey

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:13 AM

Another hello and well done from a Briskoda member...... Great to see this kinda low life getting what he deserves.

Also kept me out of my bed for around an hour but it was worth it.

Cheers all

Dave.

#554 simcard

simcard

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

Hello and welcome from the AOC (almera owners club)
i Posted a link to this site here

If someone finds a picture of Imran stood next to the vxr in question, that would make my day!!!!!!
Get some qwality photoshops on the go!!!

Oh and Inram, you're a cock x

Edited by simcard, 08 August 2007 - 02:43 AM.

#555 soldave

soldave

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, diving, travelling, poi

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

Just wanted to pass on my congratulations to the mods and users of this forum for their detective work from the early Lancer Evo owners at evo312.com

Great to see a scammer think they can outwit people and then get completely owned! Hopefully the word will go out to everyone to stay away from this piece of junk like the plague.

Wonder if his brother's got any other cars for sale... ;)

#556 Chris-VX

Chris-VX

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

Thanks Imran, You have provided excitement at every turn, when are you releasing the blockbuster hit film on the same theme? :) One thing that does concern me now is that as the car is not Cat C/D listed i would imagine the damage may have occurred on a track (not covered by insurance). Had the repairs been documented by you as you went along, with pictures AND A TRUTHFULL SALES TECHNIQUE! someone could have ended up with a good car. Now we are all under no illusion that VXR 16 has most likely been involved in a large crash (roll etc) with extensive damage / chassis damage, that has been repaired by a deceitful deceptive and all round dodgy individual. VXR16 = lemon. "doing an imran, the act of proving that no publicity is bad publicity unless your imran" Welcome all to VX220.org.uk!

Edited by Chris-VX, 08 August 2007 - 06:30 AM.

#557 iliketowatch

iliketowatch

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

Hi Imran

let me say first of all I kinda like you....in fact so much I'd like to meet your brother too.

Funny thing it seems that his name is Imran as well - go figure!

Is he big Imran or little Imran?..........................

http://www.made-in-c...-Bodyworkz.html

Customize Bodyworkz
Registered Since : 2007-02-28
Last Login : 2007-03-08
We are a new company that is opening a bodyshop in the UK.

We wish to become the best in our field and hope to open a bodyshop first and then sports bodystyling aswell as dent removals, spraying and major/monir jig work will all be undertaken.

We will also move in to the field of super chip upgrades for performance cars.
Contact Details
Company Name: Customize Bodyworkz
Company Address: Unit 1b, Stephonson Palce, Crawley, United Kingdom
City/Town: Crawley
Province/State: Crawley
Country/Region: United Kingdom
Zip/Postal Code: RH10 1TL
Phone Number:

Fax Number:
Homepage:
Contact Person (Department): Imran Zahid

#558 DaveB

DaveB

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

Greetings from www.migweb.co.uk

I'm now late for work after reading this thread,but I don't care. It's worth it to see fking scamming wankers like Imran get fcuked over by the power on the Internet.

Edited by DaveB, 08 August 2007 - 06:41 AM.

#559 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

I just googled Imran Zahid...

http://www.imranzahid.com/

?????

#560 Wellus

Wellus

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:GOLF<br>CARS<br>FAST CARS<br><br>ohh and GOLF i like GOLF

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:17 AM

Holly sh*t Well done boys. this this is going round the web like forest fire.. hahahhaha from the picture of the Rear of the VXR in one of the posts you can read one of the signs in the back ground... Get the name of the company the address and hook every one up.. :) we could have a Meet own there! lol We need to change his other car the M3 on piston heads too

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users