• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#61 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

fair comments and i agrre i just think Imran should have een sent the pictures 1st before they were posted (unless of course he was in which case all is fair :) )

i contacted the seller of a VXR on pistonheads which has an intresting past he denied all knowledge but still has the car for sale.

If a car was bought ''damaged repaired'' with no crash history then sold on to a third party - the seller is not and can not be held accountable for the previous said damage - So basically you buy a car thats had a bump, you go to sell and someone and [as in this case] they recognises it as a bumpy - then its your loss as a previous buyer of bumpy and the 'seceret no crash history fun' ends. :)

As it has no crash history theres nowt Imran can do to the previous owner, theres very little others can do to him for selling as no crash history either - It probably had a 'sold as seen' agreement on receipt when he bought it ... which is welsh for 'your fcuked if it breaks'.

Edited by R1CHY, 02 August 2007 - 01:28 PM.

#62 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

The Vauxhall system will tell me the current and past owners of that chassis number but noth whether it has been repaired or not.

Can you post names (obscured if needed) and dates of when the ownership of the chassis number changed?

#63 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

not as far as i am aware that one seem slike a nice example and i would have bought that if it had been nearer the other one on PH is Bletch's old car which may now be a perfectly straight car but has had an accident as detailed in depth on this sitre but the owner denied all knowledge and the mileage and dates he stated didnt add up from what i had read on here. (edit, the other one on PH referred to here has been confirmed as not being Bletches old car)

#64 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

Does anyone live near Imran or his brothers garage? (Crawley?)

Surely someone could have a quick look at his brothers garage and that would show whether the pictures of the damaged car were taken there or not?

Customizebodyworkz
Stephenson Place,
Three bridges,
Crawley RH10 1TL

#65 Tolksee

Tolksee

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Interests:Naked women

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Even if they were taken there, it does not disprove that ImranVXR1 and his "brother" Imtiaz are simply one and the same person.

The co-incidence that this particular VXR, was taken to a garage by the previous owner, and worked on by the brother of the current owner, who then went back to the garage simply for Internet Access, is just too much for me to believe. How many people here use their brother's place of work for Internet Access?!!??

<Harry Hill> What are the chances?? </Harry Hill>
Posted Image

Edited by Tolksee, 02 August 2007 - 02:34 PM.

#66 ImranVXR1

ImranVXR1

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Even if they were taken there, it does not disprove that ImranVXR1 and his "brother" Imtiaz are simply one and the same person.

The co-incidence that this particular VXR, was taken to a garage by the previous owner, and worked on by the brother of the current owner, who then went back to the garage simply for Internet Access, is just too much for me to believe.

If anyone wants pics of the garage i can send them to you, what i would like to know myself is where those pictures of J9VXR came from. Chuno posted them where did he get them from? Cos if they are pics of my car at least then I will know for sure if it has been in an accident before. As i have said already the plate was on my VXR from 08/05 till 12/05 so when where those pics taken? cos it is possible they are of another VXR or mine if it was between those dates in 05

#67 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

The co-incidence that this particular VXR, was taken to a garage by the previous owner, and worked on by the brother of the current owner, who then went back to the garage simply for Internet Access, is just too much for me to believe. How many people here use their brother's place of work for Internet Access?!!??

There may never be incontrovertible proof but this is starting to look like a whole mountain of circumstantial evidence.

It's tempting to drive to the garage myself, but it's 80 miles away... :dry:

Someone has to be closer...BenW maybe? Isn't he in Caterham?

#68 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

I was sent them by a concerned member (not the only one). I've said enough now anyway. Make of it what you will.

#69 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

I have a simple solution.... Imran takes a photo of the v5 (the part that says registered keeper, as it has date of purchase does it not?). Then posts it here. Chuno or the people that posted the photos can look in to the meta (is that right name?) Data within the photo and get the creation date. If the photo creation date is before Imran was the owner then its fine otherwise you can make your own conclusion......

#70 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

I have a simple solution....

Imran takes a photo of the v5 (the part that says registered keeper, as it has date of purchase does it not?).

Then posts it here.

Chuno or the people that posted the photos can look in to the meta (is that right name?) Data within the photo and get the creation date.

If the photo creation date is before Imran was the owner then its fine otherwise you can make your own conclusion......

The problem is that you'd need the original photo. What is posted here is a resized version with all the meta data stripped out.

#71 Flanners

Flanners

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Into my cars, motorbikes and road bking

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

I've read enough to make my own conclusions. Barge and pole again for me. Too much bull IMHO, great answers though when caught on the hop...........

#72 trescoman

trescoman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Retirement ASAP, <br>Driving<br>Carp fishing<br>Football<br>kids

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Barge and pole again for me.

Nah, a few checks to ensure to ok, the right price, and its a go'er

:P

#73 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know what the extent of the past damage was? Must have taken quite a whack to break a wheel, also the rear air vent is punched upwards WTF is all that about? :blink:

#74 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Anyone know what the extent of the past damage was?

V5 will have previous owners name - perhaps 'someone' could ask them? :rolleyes:

#75 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

Imran, remember the old adage "No publicity is bad publicity" HTH

#76 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Anyone know what the extent of the past damage was?

Must have taken quite a whack to break a wheel, also the rear air vent is punched upwards WTF is all that about? :blink:

From the photos, it looks like the rear lights have been pushed downwards. To me, that would suggest that the car hit something on the passenger side, flipped up (ripping the passenger air vent upwards), continued the roll with the front end in the air and the back end touching down upside-down on the passenger side rear-light, the roll continued and the car touched the ground (still upside-down) on the driver side rear-light and finally returned to "right-side up". This could also explain the lack of damage to the roll bar cover. This could easily have smashed the windscreen due to the twisting forces that would have been occuring in the chassis during the roll. Maybe the whole sequence was triggered by clipping the driver side rear wheel (missing in the photo, presumed destroyed).

This is all just guesswork, so please don't read too much into it.

Note that I am talking about the damaged car in the photos and am not implying anything else.

#77 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Toe
28-06-2004, 18:43
Only seven VXR220s left for purchase

Vauxhall new performance brand VXR was launched at this Motorshow, but already sales of VXR versions of both the Monaro and VX220 (called the VXR220) have been exceeding expectations.

We’ve been advised that of the 60 VXR220’s being built only 7 remain unsold. However, due to a cancelled order, number 16 of the build run is now available for purchase, and in the first instance has been offered to VxlSCC members.

If you’re interested you had best hurry, as it’s bound to go quickly. Call Chris Allen at Vauxhall dealer Charvills on (01279) 755 100 or email him at cja@charvill.co.uk for details. The on the road price is £29,995.

VXR220 Specification highlights
* As a VX220 turbo plus Speedline 5 spoke alloys in black satin paint 7 x 16" front and 8 x 17" rear wearing Yokohama A048R tyres (195/50front / 225/45 rear.)
* Black satin rear spoiler mirrors grille and screen surround.
* Super sport seats with harness holes.
* Red alacantata /carbon fibre seat trim.
* Lowered suspension for improved handling performance.
* Cross drilled brake discs and performance pads.
* Calipso red is the only colour.

Performance
220bhp
0-60mph 4.2
Top speed over 151 mph.

#78 NickH

NickH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

Imran Was it you I met on the London 2 Brighton run this year? I was talking to a chap with a VXR, I think there were 2 of you with the car What made you decide to sell? Thought you were really happy with it? Nick thumbsup

#79 wmg100

wmg100

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

Same phone number on a damaged repaired civic: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...9QQcmdZViewItem

Same member bought these aswell:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=250130871456
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=180113786792
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=280107378303
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=280107375985

:unsure:

#80 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Accident damage or not, Imran fancy swapping that dodgy Vxr for my totally unmolested n/a :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users