Photo

Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#1081 Bully

Bully

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

My god, you lot really are bloody stupid!

:beat:

If only you lot actually put some effort into real issues affecting real people, you might actually change the world!

P.s. Hello from BTTOS chinky chinky

TangoAlpha: No need for that

Edited by TangoAlpha, 13 August 2007 - 10:00 PM.

#1082 willow

willow

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  • Interests:skiing, snowboarding and wakeboarding

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

If only you lot actually put some effort into real issues affecting real people, you might actually change the world!

TangoAlpha: Removed

When did this stop being a Car Forum?

seriously dont understand how this is allowed to go on?

Edited by TangoAlpha, 13 August 2007 - 10:01 PM.

#1083 Another_OCUK_Guy

Another_OCUK_Guy

• 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

TangoAlpha: Removed

When did this stop being a Car Forum?

seriously dont understand how this is allowed to go on?

this is but one thread. i'm fairly sure the rest of the place is still pretty much car-focussed.

#1084 willow

willow

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  • Interests:skiing, snowboarding and wakeboarding

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

this is but one thread. i'm fairly sure the rest of the place is still pretty much car-focussed.

Of course, but my reference was in response to what Tango kindly removed..... that really pushed the boundaries of car forum and something much more sinister.

thankfully the moderators do a good job round these parts chinky chinky

#1085 Bully

Bully

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

Of course, but my reference was in response to what Tango kindly removed..... that really pushed the boundaries of car forum and something much more sinister.

All hail the moderators :gayfight:

#1086 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

Guy's looks like there actually is one born every minute, we my have a brand new imran on our hands.. Look at new thread titled "Ly another imran? Hmmmmmmm :beat:

#1087 ukgulf

ukgulf

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

Feck me, it took all day but I finally got to the end... lekker thread though :P

#1088 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Guy's looks like there actually is one born every minute, we my have a brand new imran on our hands..
Look at new thread titled "Ly another imran?
Hmmmmmmm :beat:

I think everyone ought to wait until there's a response from the seller. As it is recorded on the HPI register, I'd be very surprised if he was to deny it. It is also priced to reflect the Cat C status rather than a pristine example.

#1089 -DanR-

-DanR-

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi, Dan here, regular at the Parkers Forum. This thread is linked there too.. Just wanted to say congratulations to all involved for exposing this guy, it's fantastic work and the more awareness is raised about these kind of dodgy sales the better! Good work! Amazing how your community came down on him like that, and now all these other forums are linked in on this, outstanding. Guess we've learned chaps, when selling a car, honesty is paramount -it's somebody elses safety you're playing with.

#1090 Another_OCUK_Guy

Another_OCUK_Guy

• 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

ah, fair play then :)

#1091 Triple A

Triple A

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Hi guys,

Been following and smiling to myself over this thread for the past few days.

Well done to you guys for the detective work, and an extra well done to the moderators for allowing this thread to continue and quickly removing the less well thought out comments.

Big up to the VX220's :tt: from GTOUK. http://www.gtouk.org.uk/

Adam

#1092 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

Guy's looks like there actually is one born every minute, we my have a brand new imran on our hands..
Look at new thread titled "Ly another imran?
Hmmmmmmm :beat:

I think everyone ought to wait until there's a response from the seller. As it is recorded on the HPI register, I'd be very surprised if he was to deny it. It is also priced to reflect the Cat C status rather than a pristine example.

Good point i apologise for my early assault. Looking at buying one at the moment and thought it was a bit steep for a c?

#1093 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

thought it was a bit steep for a c?

Obviously a category write off will have a bit impact on the sale, but there are many other key aspects to take into account- services history, milage, condition, re-calls etc etc
If it was only light cosmetic damage*, and has had new clams / full re-spray it could well be in mint condition

* remember with a vx a car can easily be written off due to relatively light 'cosmetics':
new front clam - £1500
new rear clam - £2500
Full Re-spray - £1500
Seals etc - £500
Labour - £1000

soon adds up...

The tricky part is finding out exactly what the damage was in the first place - full pictorial history / insurers assessors report would obviously help

#1094 Silvergun X

Silvergun X

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

Wow, damn. Greets from www.ntsc-uk.com - Nothing to do with cars at all, unless you count our Forza Motorsport 2 obsessives. We're a UK based import gaming forum. Got linked in our off topic section and the entire thread was a fantastic read. :) Congratulations to the guys who helped expose this, some very impressive work done.

#1095 Sym0n

Sym0n

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

I would like to insert a great deal of racial hatred into this thread...but well that would be daft. So instead +1 for history.

Well done mods and the "informer" for ousting this prick.

Posted Image

My thought for the day. Not all Muslims are terrorists...but all recent terrorists have been Muslims.

Take care of yourselves...and each other.

*Special hugs*

BTTOS FTW!

Edited by TangoAlpha, 14 August 2007 - 08:11 AM.

#1096 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

thought it was a bit steep for a c?

Obviously a category write off will have a bit impact on the sale, but there are many other key aspects to take into account- services history, milage, condition, re-calls etc etc
If it was only light cosmetic damage*, and has had new clams / full re-spray it could well be in mint condition

* remember with a vx a car can easily be written off due to relatively light 'cosmetics':
new front clam - £1500
new rear clam - £2500
Full Re-spray - £1500
Seals etc - £500
Labour - £1000

soon adds up...

The tricky part is finding out exactly what the damage was in the first place - full pictorial history / insurers assessors report would obviously help

Trouble is you dont know what ya getting till its too late, if you dont know what the damage is then you cant make sure of a good repair, not sure i'd want a cat'd car for just that reason. Thought cat d was 25% lower than market price and cat c was 50% of market price?

I would like to insert a great deal of racial hatred into this thread...but well that would be daft. So instead +1 for history.

Posted Image

My thought for the day. Not all Muslims are terrorists...but all recent terrorists have been Muslims.

*Special hugs*

BTTOS FTW!

I dont think there was any need for that comment.. vx220 rule the road

Edited by TangoAlpha, 14 August 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#1097 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image

*Special hugs*

BTTOS FTW!

What a charming fella, :lol:

This thread is lowering the tone for us regular forum members, and disrupting service as the site keeps crashing. Get it locked, or deleted.

Edited by TangoAlpha, 14 August 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#1098 CarlMetro

CarlMetro

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

Greetings from http://www.motorspor...orums/index.php where the link to this thread has had 200 views in 12 hours.

Can I start by apologizing to all those members of vx220.org. The shear popularity of this thread has caused mayhem with your server and therefore keeping you all from a great forum which, like many other forums, you would like to post on when you want to.

Great work by all those who outed this idiot for what he really is.

Now then, here's a little tip for Imi me old mucka mate. Next time you find yourself in possession of a rare motor that you decide to do a bit of repair work on and then pass it off as a pristine, never-been-smacked example of the fore-mentioned rare motor, DON'T a) Try to sell it on a forum where every single member either owns, has owned or wants to own an example of the rare motor you're trying to sell and B) try to make sure that before you say that it's never had anything ever repaired on it on the same thread you're trying to sell it on, that you didn't buy any of the parts you used in the repair from a member who has already posted or may post on that forum.

Lastly but by no means least, once you've been rumbled, and TBH it happened quite early on, shut your mouth and move away quietly, drawing further attention to yourself in the aggressive and downright stupid way you did will only make people more intent on pursuing you.

Oooo! Almost forgot, whilst on the subject of pursuing, pointed a friend of mine in the general direction of this little thread, she works for Bedfordshire County Council Trading Standards and Registration Services and from the brief outline of the thread I gave her she said they would be very interested in talking to you. Sadly Crawley is out of her jurisdiction but I believe she has colleagues in Surrey.

Sleep tight :)

#1099 Blue Devil X1-9

Blue Devil X1-9

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:30 AM

Hello from australia!

good to see tightknit communities on forums that will look out for eachother.

Holy sh*t!! Welcome! :D

Anyone else worldwide?

G'day!!

Hi from Australia as well

& www.fiatforum.com

& www.ls1gto.com

& Immi's garage :saw:

Can I just say lol at Immi for getting sprung

Good job to the mods Imnotworthy

Two seater Sports cars ROCK!!!! (esp Fiat X1-9's rallly)

catch you all later, Im off to wrestle a croc :tt:

blu :devil:

#1100 51Cards

51Cards

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:06 AM

Most users ever online was 279 on Today, 10:29 PM

I guess this is doing the rounds on car owners clubs. Hello to everyone reading Posted Image

Wonder what this is doing to Imran's ability to sell cars? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello from the USA. Imran is world Famous. I heard about him at http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com site. Sorry about your servers occationally crashing though. Right now I'd say Imran couldn't sell an acorn to a Starving Squirrel for a penny. :flame:

Edited by 51Cards, 14 August 2007 - 01:14 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users