Photo

Vxr No 16 For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1366 replies to this topic

#1141 Refo

Refo

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

wow, fitting reading that in around working was one hell of a task. shame that so many people jumped to conclusions later on after not reading all the info or not remembering it correctly. but still an very entertaining thread.
i started reading this on sunday evening and i've just finished. do i get a medal? still its not as many pages as the "Word Association game" on ujcc. Clicky

seems like a nice place to post this forum. friendly people who can take a joke or two, perfect! i wish all car forums were this friendly and open minded.

i got a link to this site from www.ultimatejapcars.co.uk. and i have spread the word to the porsche924owner and GTiR Modifiers forums.

i live just down the road from crawley and know the garage. i should pop up there at lunch and see if imran is about. i'd like to have a look around the car and see if i think it's been repaired well. he did say any inspection was welcome.

right i'll leave you people and your forum in peace. sorry for stealing some of your bandwidth and server space with my post, but i felt i had to report i'd read it all after 3 days of trying to do so.

it's raining out, go have some sideways fun in your cars!!

Edited by Refo, 14 August 2007 - 09:24 PM.

#1142 Maldax

Maldax

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

Evening all! what a good read and a great bunch you are! was pointed your way from www.civinfo.com (Hello everyone who knows me! :D ) While here I have had a look through your gallery! all very nice! Now forgive me if I am being as bit thick but.... Every Red VX I saw in your gallery had a Silver fuel cap both these ones have a black one! Does that not mean the odds are they are one in the same? (Not that I have much doubt)..........Just a thought Mal

#1143 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Now forgive me if I am being as bit thick but.... Every Red VX I saw in your gallery had a Silver fuel cap both these ones have a black one! Does that not mean the odds are they are one in the same? (Not that I have much doubt)..........Just a thought

VX220s (both n/a and turbo) have silver fuel caps, VXRs (of which there were a limited number made) have black fuel caps.

#1144 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finally figured it out.. pheew it was all finally worth the grief!

#1145 Terry_tibbs

Terry_tibbs

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

VX220 Sweet 16

TALK TO ME

Edited by Terry_tibbs, 14 August 2007 - 10:34 PM.

#1146 iluvimran

iluvimran

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

What a great thread. Got here from alfa156.net Have read up to page 23... would someone mind PMing me the executive summary as my eyes now hurt and if I laugh any more I'll break a rib. Imran, I'd buy a car from you, just so I could say I had. lol, what a tw4t...

#1147 RSI4Ever

RSI4Ever

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

Hi all from the rs owners club chinky chinky What a thread thumbsup you guys crack me up. I must admit that I had never really paid much attention to the vxr but I must say it is a fine motor car well done to Imran for making the world aware of this car...

#1148 paintshield

paintshield

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:15 PM

OK I have to ask, finally figured what out? its a Bodyshop we knew that, so what do the pictures prove, other than they are doing crash repair work on cars, which the mods pretty much nailed away previously?

Less Cryptic posts and more facts, so less bandwidth consumed would be helpful here (or am I missing the point)??

Cheers

#1149 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

OK I have to ask, finally figured what out? its a Bodyshop we knew that, so what do the pictures prove, other than they are doing crash repair work on cars, which the mods pretty much nailed away previously?

Less Cryptic posts and more facts, so less bandwidth consumed would be helpful here (or am I missing the point)??
Cheers

I think he means 'how to post pictures' - tho could be wrong

#1150 paintshield

paintshield

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

Cheers

I see :beat: it is late I suppose, :D :D interesting access I imagine that HPI must have met the guy to get that much access, seems like he got the cooks tour, not sure what that proves though? More interested in a FULL response to the questions raised by the mods from IMRAN TBH, however did HPI' talk to the dudes??

Cheers

#1151 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

And who is HPI'd (sorry, that's just me being paranoid :rolleyes: ) :)

#1152 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:40 PM

Cheers

Suggestion.. Try reading my earlier post where you will find the facts (couple of page's back) if you read that you will see that what i'd finally figured out was how to upload the pictures i'd taken whilst visiting the bodyshop on behalf of all the great members at vx220.org.uk.
The mods did'nt have to nail the fact that they repair crashed cars there, they are a bodyshop, correct me if i'm wrong but is'nt that pretty much what every bodyshop does? Repairing crashed cars i mean.
If i'd figured out the upload earlier then confusion may have been avoided, i apologise.

Cheers

I see :beat: it is late I suppose, :D :D interesting access I imagine that HPI must have met the guy to get that much access, seems like he got the cooks tour, not sure what that proves though? More interested in a FULL response to the questions raised by the mods from IMRAN TBH, however did HPI' talk to the dudes??

Cheers

Sorry now i'm not reading earlier posts, didnt realise you guys had figured it out. your right it is late :sleepy: Not suprised though after un-covering the imran scandel

#1153 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:30 AM

Greetings from supraforums.com.au Well considering the info from Hpi'd it looks like a lot of people on here owe an apology to Imran, as he bought a car complete and might not have known about previous accidents/severity of the damage, especially considering it's not on HPI. And mods really had no rights to ask Imran to disclose private information and label him a crook for not willing to do it, if they are not willing to do it themselves... As far as i see chuno & co can be labeled too here, as people who cannot back up their own words with facts.

Edited by Strannik, 15 August 2007 - 03:33 AM.

#1154 4ALIMEY

4ALIMEY

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:09 AM

:D :D

Greetings from supraforums.com.au

Well considering the info from Hpi'd it looks like a lot of people on here owe an apology to Imran, as he bought a car complete and might not have known about previous accidents/severity of the damage, especially considering it's not on HPI.

And mods really had no rights to ask Imran to disclose private information and label him a crook for not willing to do it, if they are not willing to do it themselves...
As far as i see chuno & co can be labeled too here, as people who cannot back up their own words with facts.

Hello from Jagtalk.com....WHAT an interesting read. I've been reading on and off for 2 days. It was very entertaining.

Thank You Imran ( and everybody else :D

#1155 lumenal

lumenal

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:15 AM

Seeing as others have had a bash, here is my little Imran movie.

http://www.grapheine...ay.php?id=56350

:P

:groupjump:

Clever work! that was funny...

I'm exhausted reading this thread... you guys are to be commended to watching out for your fellow enthusiasts.

I found out about this thread at the National T-Bucket Allicance website... so greatings from Seattle, Washington, USA...

oh... not exactly a VXR...

Posted Image

but I have a lot of fun with it! :D

Posted Image

Edited by lumenal, 15 August 2007 - 05:35 AM.

#1156 imran into a problem

imran into a problem

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

Hi from www.skint-av.co.uk (VAG Enthusiasts) and www.edition38.com. Thanks for occuping my WHOLE day yesterday ready the awesomely entertaining mammoth 57 pages of this thread. (Now 58!!!) Great to know that even tho we may all like different cars etc. we all love a good scandle and a thieving git named and shamed!! Well done VX220.org.uk! :D

Edited by imran into a problem, 15 August 2007 - 06:24 AM.

#1157 funkykebab

funkykebab

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

What HPi was getting at was Imran stated his 'Brother' owned the garage in question.....Lie, guy called Kevin owns it. But the garage did confirm this was his second VX220 and the first one (I assume) was the VX220 in the pictures in pieces, hence the parts from ebay. The one he was selling may not have had been in a crash, but according to the garage they think it has had some work done, hence the advice to get it checked out....which he never did. whether this work was due to accident damage or not is still not known. But leaving out the important fact that he owned a VX220 before was a very sus thing to do!! Does anyone know if he actually sold it? Matt

Edited by funkykebab, 15 August 2007 - 08:10 AM.

#1158 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

What HPi was getting at was Imran stated his 'Brother' owned the garage in question.....Lie, guy called Kevin owns it.

But the garage did confirm this was his second VX220 and the first one (I assume) was the VX220 in the pictures in pieces, hence the parts from ebay.
The one he was selling may not have had been in a crash, but according to the garage they think it has had some work done, hence the advice to get it checked out....which he never did. whether this work was due to accident damage or not is still not known.

But leaving out the important fact that he owned a VX220 before was a very sus thing to do!!

Does anyone know if he actually sold it?

Matt

i wouldn't call it a "lie"
his brother is a partner in business, so technically he does own it (even though the part he owns might be tiny and he probably doesn't do anything.

i wonder if all people who were bagging him(especially mods) will have a decency to apologise for ruining his sale (or present hard evidence they claim to have that the car in question is the one that was on pictures)
:poke:

Edited by Strannik, 15 August 2007 - 08:33 AM.

#1159 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:35 AM

:( :) :9mm: :D :P :angry: :beat: :blink: :borg: :drink: :dry: :flame: :gayfight: :grouphug: :groupjump: :huh: :jump: :lol: :mellow: :o :poke: :sick: :saw: :rolleyes: :sleepy: :tt: :tumble: :wub: :wacko: :unsure: ;) B) Imnotworthy chinky chinky poof rant thumbsdown rallly thumbsup

#1160 eXOBeX

eXOBeX

• 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

If he can turn around and prove that sweet 16 is completely kosher and has never been damaged, it might become quite desirable. Sweet 16 becomes "yeah, THAT sweet 16, the one everyone kicked off about on those forums a while back". All it'll take is an RAC inspection...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users