1366 replies to this topic

#1161 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Today I'm gonna ride VXR #16 away And feel the sun throughout my bald hair Finally free to be who I want to be Who that is i don't really care Cause.. I have got friends who luv me Blue skies are above me My cats hair is everywhere Chorus Sweet Sixteen Your gonna spread your wings Sweet sixteen It's your chance to shine Sweet Sixteen Discovering Sweet Sixteen So much more to life Now I've got VXR Number Sixteen Drivin down to the club where we go to dance Radio's blastin and the top is off There ain't nothin in my way 'cept the rush nour traffic And I have got friends who love me Bright stars shine above me My cats hair is everywhere Chorus Sweet Sixteen Your gonna spread your wings Sweet sixteen It's your chance to shine Sweet Sixteen Discovering Sweet Sixteen So much more to life Blasting away in VXR Number Sixteen Your mom loves me and your sister shows me and Big Daddy's always there :huh: Sweet Sixteen Your gonna spread your wings Sweet sixteen It's your chance to shine Sweet Sixteen Discovering Sweet Sixteen So much more to life Catch me if you can in VXR Number Sixteen I wanna know what it feels like I need to see it from the inside I can taste a bit of what I will find So much more to life Loving VXR Number Sixteen I wanna know what it feels like I need to see it from the inside I can taste a bit of what I will find So much more to life Now I've found VXR Number Sixteen

#1162 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

All it'll take is an RAC inspection...

Or maybe just the name and address of the previous owner.

#1163 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

he is not the one who has to prove he is not guilty :)
presumption of innocence, remember?:)

given new facts revealed by HPi, you guys start looking like a bunch of bully kids...
that is unless the claimed facts are presented :)

#1164 CCY

CCY

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hello from CustomCarsYork.co.uk

Wow, what an interesting read.

Looks like this thread is going worldwide.

chinky chinky

Edited by CCY, 15 August 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#1165 ntsc-uk

ntsc-uk

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

Great read. If this guy can afford cars like these, why can't he afford a PC with internet at home? It must be a real pain driving out at night to the bodyshop.

#1166 maggie444

maggie444

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hello from DBrally

Great thread guys, keep up the good work!

rallly

#1167 Treeman

Treeman

• 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

Perhaps you should ask WHY he has had to resort to selling a dodgy car? if society was not so institutionally racist an asian chap could get on better.

I have never read a more riduculous statement in my life - you are actually being rascist yourself suggesting that people who are Asian are involved in crime.

I appreciate you are trying to be "right on" and "PC" but re-think what you say.

Every asian I know would be mortally offended by Treeman's post - and if you're so into trees what are you doing on a car site. you "car-ist"...... Probably best you go back to worrying about Mr Jones next door's carbon footprint. IQ test before registering on this site please - anyone scraping double figures can take their misguided comments elsewhere. How do some of these doughnuts manage to breathe???

I'm sorry if I offended you, it really wasn't meant that way. This site seems really good, the cars are VERY sexy and the members seem really sweet and my only concern was that some of the comments portrayed the members in a very bad light.

I am not anti car, far from it. I have spent most of my life building up a thriving mobile hairdressing business and there is no way I could do this without transport. Many of my clients rely on me for THEIR business, they have to look good. I drive to Blackpool once a week to attend to Rue Paul for example. So no, I am not anti car.

Would the VX be suitable for my needs, I love the looks and it's a bit different from my friends, most of whom drive an Audi TT. I need to consider the boot space (for my equipment) and also is it comfortable for long drives?

Finally, is it very low? I sometimes go into quite rough car parks and I'd hate to get the bottom stuck.

Thanks

Jay boy

xx

ps Do you have like a picture board, it's nice to have a members picture in your mind when you're reading a post

#1168 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

True, but if he wants to sell the car it might be easier if he proved his claims of it not having had any accident damage. The simplest way of doing that would be to provide (via PM rather than on this thread) the name and address of the previous owner.

The previous owner can confirm whether they sold the car (to Imran or to a dealer who sold it to Imran) with or without accident damage (repaired or not).

This is a very simple thing to do but for some reason Imran seems to be avoiding it.

I am more than happy to help Imran prove that his car is not the one shown in the "damaged" photos.

#1169 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,611 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

Perhaps you should ask WHY he has had to resort to selling a dodgy car? if society was not so institutionally racist an asian chap could get on better.

I have never read a more riduculous statement in my life - you are actually being rascist yourself suggesting that people who are Asian are involved in crime.

I appreciate you are trying to be "right on" and "PC" but re-think what you say.

Every asian I know would be mortally offended by Treeman's post - and if you're so into trees what are you doing on a car site. you "car-ist"...... Probably best you go back to worrying about Mr Jones next door's carbon footprint. IQ test before registering on this site please - anyone scraping double figures can take their misguided comments elsewhere. How do some of these doughnuts manage to breathe???

I'm sorry if I offended you, it really wasn't meant that way. This site seems really good, the cars are VERY sexy and the members seem really sweet and my only concern was that some of the comments portrayed the members in a very bad light.

I am not anti car, far from it. I have spent most of my life building up a thriving mobile hairdressing business and there is no way I could do this without transport. Many of my clients rely on me for THEIR business, they have to look good. I drive to Blackpool once a week to attend to Rue Paul for example. So no, I am not anti car.

Would the VX be suitable for my needs, I love the looks and it's a bit different from my friends, most of whom drive an Audi TT. I need to consider the boot space (for my equipment) and also is it comfortable for long drives?

Finally, is it very low? I sometimes go into quite rough car parks and I'd hate to get the bottom stuck.

Thanks

Jay boy

xx

ps Do you have like a picture board, it's nice to have a members picture in your mind when you're reading a post

A VX would be totally inappropiate for you. Something completely fitting for you would be a Maxda MX5, plenty of sockets to plug in your hairdryer, curling tongs, hair straighteners and heated rollers.

#1170 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

No, I think it would scare off too many buyers.

Here's my best picture:

Posted Image

A VX would be totally inappropiate for you. Something completely fitting for you would be a Maxda MX5, plenty of sockets to plug in your hairdryer, curling tongs, hair straighteners and heated rollers.

Or an S2000 if you wanted something a bit sportier thumbsup

#1171 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

True, but if he wants to sell the car it might be easier if he proved his claims of it not having had any accident damage. The simplest way of doing that would be to provide (via PM rather than on this thread) the name and address of the previous owner.

The previous owner can confirm whether they sold the car (to Imran or to a dealer who sold it to Imran) with or without accident damage (repaired or not).

This is a very simple thing to do but for some reason Imran seems to be avoiding it.

I am more than happy to help Imran prove that his car is not the one shown in the "damaged" photos.

Ding!!

I'm sorry but after all the evidence that has arisen over this post, and with Imran's attitude and general response, I still believe that he knows VXR 16 has been repaired.

It is clear from the photos on Page one that VXR 16 has been accident repaired. If all the parts that were purchased by Imran were to repair the first VX220 he owned why did he not say this. The first I had heard of him having another VX was from HPI'd report from the garage.

If Imran were to supply the above information then it would make a great step in solving the back ground of this car. Sorry that's my view and I will be the first to apologise to Imran if need be.

#1172 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hold it right there. With the information Hpi'd provided it's already out of the question whether Imran bought a wreck or not. We already know he bought a complete car, so he is clear here. Whatever the previous history of the car is is none of his concern, it's the buyer's responsibility to do the research.

And he said numerous times that he welcomes any inspection.

And you'd be stupid buying a 20k car and not getting it checked over by somebody who knows what he's looking at, whether it has accident history or not.

#1173 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

Today I'm gonna ride VXR #16 away
And feel the sun throughout my bald hair
Finally free to be who I want to be
Who that is i don't really care
Cause..

I have got friends who luv me
Blue skies are above me
My cats hair is everywhere

Chorus
Sweet Sixteen
Your gonna spread your wings
Sweet sixteen
It's your chance to shine
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life
Now I've got VXR Number Sixteen

Drivin down to the club where we go to dance
Radio's blastin and the top is off
There ain't nothin in my way 'cept the rush nour traffic

And I have got friends who love me
Bright stars shine above me

Chorus
Sweet Sixteen
Sweet sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life
Blasting away in VXR Number Sixteen

Your mom loves me and your sister shows me and Big Daddy's always there :huh:

Sweet Sixteen
Sweet sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life
Catch me if you can in VXR Number Sixteen

I wanna know what it feels like
I need to see it from the inside
I can taste a bit of what I will find
So much more to life
Loving VXR Number Sixteen

So much more to life
Now I've found VXR Number Sixteen

Is there a chord guide to this :unsure:

:P :P

Edited by R1CHY, 15 August 2007 - 12:38 PM.

#1174 jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied of course

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

given new facts revealed by HPi, you guys start looking like a bunch of bully kids...
that is unless the claimed facts are presented :)

Sorry, but I can't see any new facts revealed by HPi

He visited the garage (so what?)

They repair cars (we knew that).

He spoke to a guy called Kevin (we will assume this is his name but HPi didn't see the birth certificate. Stephen King spends part of the time writing as Richard Bachman but they are one and the same person), who has a brother (name not mentioned) who is a partner in the business.

Kevin talked about a guy called Imran who worked on their computers (the truth, or an easy lie to cover up).

The bodyshop may be entirely above board and unconnected with Imran or in collusion with him. Going and talking to them won't make that any clearer.

Only seeing the actual paperwork relating to this car (V5, receipts and other history) and identifying exactly where the car was being repaired (as shown in the photos) will confirm the truth thumbsup

If people who insist on dropping in here can't be bothered to read at the very least the beginning of the thread, and therefore understand even partly the sequence of events, please don't bother to comment! :poke:

JJ

#1175 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

With the information Hpi'd provided it's already out of the question whether Imran bought a wreck or not.

Only if you take the word of Hpi'd. Why would I take the word of Hpi'd but not that of Imran?

No offence to Hpi'd, but I have no idea who he is and have no reason to trust his word more than anyone else. He may be the most trustworthy person in the world but I have no way of knowing that.

And he said numerous times that he welcomes any inspection.

The only inspection I want to do is checking the V5 for the previous owner's details.

To save me having to drive all the way to Crawley to do this inspection, I am asking if Imran will do that "inspection" for me and let me have the details of the previous owner.

And you'd be stupid buying a 20k car and not getting it checked over by somebody who knows what he's looking at, whether it has accident history or not.

The first bit of checking anyone should do is to find out about the car's history. We are trying to do this but Imran seems to be a bit evasive.

#1176 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Finally free to be who I want to be
Who that is i don't really care
Cause..

I have got friends who luv me
Blue skies are above me

Chorus
Sweet Sixteen
Sweet sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life

Drivin down to the club where we go to dance
Radio's blastin and the top is off
There ain't nothin in my way 'cept the rush nour traffic

And I have got friends who love me
Bright stars shine above me

Chorus
Sweet Sixteen
Sweet sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life
Blasting away in VXR Number Sixteen

Your mom loves me and your sister shows me and Big Daddy's always there :huh:

Sweet Sixteen
Sweet sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Discovering
Sweet Sixteen
So much more to life
Catch me if you can in VXR Number Sixteen

So much more to life
Loving VXR Number Sixteen

So much more to life
Now I've found VXR Number Sixteen

Is there a chord guide to this :unsure:

:P :P

Yup! Can you post a recording. I bags half the profit from sales :D

Intro-

E---B --- A (2x)

Verse 1-

B ------------------E
-----B-------------E
B--------------E
Finally free to be who I wanna be
B----------------------E
Who that is, I don't really care

Pre-chorus-
----- A-----------B
Cause I have got friends who luv me
A B
Blue skies are above me
A------E ----- B -----D

Chorus-

(Sweet sixteen)
E-----B ------A

(Sweet sixteen)
E-----B ----- A

(Sweet sixteen)
E---B---A
Discovering

(Sweet sixteen)
D-------------B
So much more to life
A--------------B
(intro chords)

Verse 2-
B-----------------E
Drivin' down to the club, where we go to dance
B----------------E
Radio's blasting and the top is down
B-------------E
There ain't nothin' in my way
---------B-----------E
'cept the rush hour traffic

(back to pre-chorus and chorus)

Bridge-

C#m----B
Your mom loves me
----- C#m ------B
and your sister shows me
---- A ------B-----D
and Big Daddy's always there

Edited by speedster, 15 August 2007 - 01:03 PM.

#1177 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Only if you take the word of Hpi'd. Why would I take the word of Hpi'd but not that of Imran?

No offence to Hpi'd, but I have no idea who he is and have no reason to trust his word more than anyone else. He may be the most trustworthy person in the world but I have no way of knowing that.

well what stops you from picking up the phone, and checking his story? contact details of the shop have been posted in this thread numerous times ;)

The only inspection I want to do is checking the V5 for the previous owner's details.

To save me having to drive all the way to Crawley to do this inspection, I am asking if Imran will do that "inspection" for me and let me have the details of the previous owner.

I'm not familiar with British rego system, so i'm not quite sure what V5 is. But anyway considering you have no intention of buying a car if i was Imran i would also refuse to provide any information to you.

The first bit of checking anyone should do is to find out about the car's history. We are trying to do this but Imran seems to be a bit evasive.

Well i actually never ask about the history when i buy cars. I prefer to come and see them for myself, and if i have any suspicions - take it to the mechanic for a check. And when i'm selling a car i also talk only about it's history while i had it. The rest is buyers responsibility to find out.

#1178 tt_steK

tt_steK

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

Hi from the audi tt owners forum

Wow what a thread !

Just to add my bit.

Hi guy's finally back.. There is one thing i can confirm for sure and is no longer hear say, DONT GO NEAR THE M25 between 5 and 7 pm!!
I went into the business's ever side first and asked for imran, they had not heard of him, bit sneaky i know but was worth a go!
must admit when i got outside customize i was not really expecting a warm welcome when i told them why i was there but did not want to lie so thought honesty would be best, so i just strolled in, said i had read about them on a forum and thought i'd see for myself, to my amazement i was greeted with handshakes smiles and laughter! Kevin the owner said he could not have bought advertising like this even if he tried and i was not the first to come down, its fantastic he said. I was pretty much gob smacked at this point. I asked casually where imran was and was told he does not work here and never has, his brother is a small silent partner himself(kevin) was the main partner and that is as far as it goes, i asked who imran zahid was and was told he is building our web site, takes care of all our computer systems and online advertising, i also asked if they had repaired the famous vxr in question and he said no, as far as they know imran traded it in for his older vxturbo and got it complete of a trader, but he also said its obvious its had paintwork at some point but have never had it in to be inspected. They also said they have urged imran to take thorney motorsport up on their offer to inspect it but obviously cant make him as its his car. I had the chance to look through their portfollio of previous cars repaired and all i can say is impressive, Jap cars seem to be there speciallity although i did gaze upon 2 vx's, 1 black N/A and 1 red turbo (not with vxr kit) very comprehensive repair photos, new clams for both and looked like a fantastic job. I had a guided tour and was allowed to take some photo's of the workshop, outside, the oven and some sort of pulling thing so enjoy. they really seemed to know what they were doin and the jobs looked A1 would defo get my car done there, as long as the price was right of course! They said they would give a 15% parts, materials and labour discount to anyone with a partial print of this thread.. Kinda like a coupon i guess!
Can anyone tell me how to upload photo's?? Gone all that way and really want to post them.

So HPi'd went to the body shop where Imran cliams he uses their computer ( Couldn't Quote Imran but it's in the thread somewhere ) , and from What the bodyshop says Imran is building their website and looks after their computers. Strange a computer geek ( I know many, many would say I am one too ) doesn't have any kit at home or a decent internet connection. If we belive HPi

OK only a small point, but a point nonetheless

#1179 Cleancutyoungman

Cleancutyoungman

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

Thanks

Jay boy

xx

Oh, I see... It's a joke! Funny boy. Buy a Smart - stereotype yourself further!

#1180 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

well what stops you from picking up the phone, and checking his story? contact details of the shop have been posted in this thread numerous times ;)

What has Hpi'd told us that we didn't already know? I can't see anything new. Hpi'd has not helped with finding the history of the car.

I'm not familiar with British rego system, so i'm not quite sure what V5 is.

The V5 is the registration document...basically proof of ownership. It has the previous owner's details on the front.

But anyway considering you have no intention of buying a car if i was Imran i would also refuse to provide any information to you.

How does anyone know whether I have any intention of buying the car or not? If the price is right I'd buy it.

Imran is within his rights to refuse to give this information. Unfortunately, refusing to give this information does not reflect well on the car, especially after everything that has gone on.

The rest is buyers responsibility to find out.

Which is what we're trying to find out, sigh.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users