1366 replies to this topic

#1181 jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied of course

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

well what stops you from picking up the phone, and checking his story? contact details of the shop have been posted in this thread numerous times ;)

I'm not familiar with British rego system, so i'm not quite sure what V5 is. But anyway considering you have no intention of buying a car if i was Imran i would also refuse to provide any information to you.

Well i actually never ask about the history when i buy cars. I prefer to come and see them for myself, and if i have any suspicions - take it to the mechanic for a check. And when i'm selling a car i also talk only about it's history while i had it. The rest is buyers responsibility to find out.

Picking up the phone won't help, Mr Clever Cloggs, because it has 1) already been inferred that the car wasn't repaired at the bodyshop, and 2) phoning will prove nothing - people can lie/be mistaken in writing, on the phone, on the computer or in person. Only official documents don't lie (not counting the Iraq Dossier of course! :dry: ).

I don't know what a "rego system" is to be frank. I'm assuming you're not a UK resident, but can confirm the V5 is the official name for what is regarded as the 'log book', in effect the vehicle's registration document showing details about the vehicle and its ownership history. It should not only show the name and address of the current keeper, but also the last one.

I'm sure we're all glad you go and check over a car before you buy it!! But we can't in this instance. And if you were selling a car which someone had gone to check over and you weren't prepared to let them see the V5, then you'd be tantamount to admitting you knew there was something untoward about the vehicle or its history. Having viewed the documentation, the potential buyer is then free to contact the previous owners if they desire. I have done that three times before when buying a car myself - twice it convinced me the car was a good buy, the third time it warned me off.

JJ

Woops Tim...looks like we both replied at the same time! :D

JJ

#1182 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

If the history and/or condition of my car was in question, I would be doing my utmost to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was in A1 condition and that the history was as stated. If I was selling my car, I would be doing this as a matter of urgency. The only person that can lose out from the history of VXR16 not being as described is Imran. If his car is proved A1 and has never had an accident then this thread can be removed and replaced with a full apology. He should then be able to sell the car easily as he will have proof that it is a good example. He certainly will have had enough advertising. If his car is as he described it, what's the problem with someone checking up on it? The only reason I can think of is that there is something to hide.

#1183 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

Hi from the audi tt owners forum

Wow what a thread !

Just to add my bit.

Hi guy's finally back.. There is one thing i can confirm for sure and is no longer hear say, DONT GO NEAR THE M25 between 5 and 7 pm!!
I went into the business's ever side first and asked for imran, they had not heard of him, bit sneaky i know but was worth a go!
must admit when i got outside customize i was not really expecting a warm welcome when i told them why i was there but did not want to lie so thought honesty would be best, so i just strolled in, said i had read about them on a forum and thought i'd see for myself, to my amazement i was greeted with handshakes smiles and laughter! Kevin the owner said he could not have bought advertising like this even if he tried and i was not the first to come down, its fantastic he said. I was pretty much gob smacked at this point. I asked casually where imran was and was told he does not work here and never has, his brother is a small silent partner himself(kevin) was the main partner and that is as far as it goes, i asked who imran zahid was and was told he is building our web site, takes care of all our computer systems and online advertising, i also asked if they had repaired the famous vxr in question and he said no, as far as they know imran traded it in for his older vxturbo and got it complete of a trader, but he also said its obvious its had paintwork at some point but have never had it in to be inspected. They also said they have urged imran to take thorney motorsport up on their offer to inspect it but obviously cant make him as its his car. I had the chance to look through their portfollio of previous cars repaired and all i can say is impressive, Jap cars seem to be there speciallity although i did gaze upon 2 vx's, 1 black N/A and 1 red turbo (not with vxr kit) very comprehensive repair photos, new clams for both and looked like a fantastic job. I had a guided tour and was allowed to take some photo's of the workshop, outside, the oven and some sort of pulling thing so enjoy. they really seemed to know what they were doin and the jobs looked A1 would defo get my car done there, as long as the price was right of course! They said they would give a 15% parts, materials and labour discount to anyone with a partial print of this thread.. Kinda like a coupon i guess!
Can anyone tell me how to upload photo's?? Gone all that way and really want to post them.

So HPi'd went to the body shop where Imran cliams he uses their computer ( Couldn't Quote Imran but it's in the thread somewhere ) , and from What the bodyshop says Imran is building their website and looks after their computers. Strange a computer geek ( I know many, many would say I am one too ) doesn't have any kit at home or a decent internet connection. If we belive HPi

OK only a small point, but a point nonetheless

Na, i know it sounds funny but true,they said its two different imrans.. Apparantly imran is a very common name and used alot, a bit like dave and john, i know hundreds of them, he works for a company called frontline, should be easy enough check if need be.
Ps no offence to you dave's and johns out there. chinky chinky

If the history and/or condition of my car was in question, I would be doing my utmost to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was in A1 condition and that the history was as stated. If I was selling my car, I would be doing this as a matter of urgency.

The only person that can lose out from the history of VXR16 not being as described is Imran.

If his car is proved A1 and has never had an accident then this thread can be removed and replaced with a full apology. He should then be able to sell the car easily as he will have proof that it is a good example. He certainly will have had enough advertising.

If his car is as he described it, what's the problem with someone checking up on it? The only reason I can think of is that there is something to hide.

Should we maybe give him a bit more time?? Can take up to 2 weeks for the even dvla to trace history and issue a new log book, we have not given him that long.. have we? Plus who says that the old keeper will even respond, even if he has received imrans letter, if imran sent it at all as we only have his word..

#1184 SteveL

SteveL

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Hello from www.delsolownersclub.co.uk Just wanted to pop in and say WELL DONE to you guys for exposing this con artist. Fantastic detective work and Im sure you have ensured that the next owner of VXR16 knows exactly what they are getting! chinky chinky Imnotworthy Imnotworthy Imnotworthy

#1185 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

well what stops you from picking up the phone, and checking his story? contact details of the shop have been posted in this thread numerous times ;)

I'm not familiar with British rego system, so i'm not quite sure what V5 is. But anyway considering you have no intention of buying a car if i was Imran i would also refuse to provide any information to you.

Well i actually never ask about the history when i buy cars. I prefer to come and see them for myself, and if i have any suspicions - take it to the mechanic for a check. And when i'm selling a car i also talk only about it's history while i had it. The rest is buyers responsibility to find out.

Picking up the phone won't help, Mr Clever Cloggs, because it has 1) already been inferred that the car wasn't repaired at the bodyshop, and 2) phoning will prove nothing - people can lie/be mistaken in writing, on the phone, on the computer or in person. Only official documents don't lie (not counting the Iraq Dossier of course! :dry: ).

It depends how you ask.

#1186 2Big

2Big

• 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

... and I will be the first to apologise to Imran if need be.

If apologies become necessary, this thread could get quite long.

#1187 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

he is not the one who has to prove he is not guilty :)
presumption of innocence, remember?:)

True, but if he wants to sell the car it might be easier if he proved his claims of it not having had any accident damage. The simplest way of doing that would be to provide (via PM rather than on this thread) the name and address of the previous owner.

The previous owner can confirm whether they sold the car (to Imran or to a dealer who sold it to Imran) with or without accident damage (repaired or not).

This is a very simple thing to do but for some reason Imran seems to be avoiding it.

I am more than happy to help Imran prove that his car is not the one shown in the "damaged" photos.

I totally agree, but after the roasting he's had do you blame him for not coming back on?! not sure if i would! He's either 1. gutted he got caught out 2. gutted his car may have been damaged when he thought it to be mint or 3. wondering what the hell has happened as he know's its not been in a knock.
Unfortunatly the one time callers that we have had have been quite bad, its only the true members that want the facts about one of their beloved cars, everyone else seems to just want scandel and a pound of flesh. Biggin up the true members :tt:

#1188 ttibs

ttibs

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

Edited by ttibs, 15 August 2007 - 02:31 PM.

#1189 dave249

dave249

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

hi all felt i had to say hello after reading through what is becoming the most popular topic on the net - found the link on irc (on a channel where they sort of swap movies), cant believe how many message boards i am active on have links to this thread. well done to the guys that have tried to stop someone being scammed. looking forward to reading more.

#1190 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

... and I will be the first to apologise to Imran if need be.

If apologies become necessary, this thread could get quite long.

Very much so.

Although, at the moment, I'm not overly worried about the possibility of having to apologise.

#1191 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

well you guys said you have a proof it's been damaged (apart from those photos on a first page) why don't you finally present it? so far you are no better than Imran :)

#1192 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

All it'll take is an RAC inspection...

Or maybe just the name and address of the previous owner.

he is not the one who has to prove he is not guilty :)
presumption of innocence, remember?:)

given new facts revealed by HPi, you guys start looking like a bunch of bully kids...
that is unless the claimed facts are presented :)

Sorry, but I can't see any new facts revealed by HPi

He visited the garage (so what?)

They repair cars (we knew that).

He spoke to a guy called Kevin (we will assume this is his name but HPi didn't see the birth certificate. Stephen King spends part of the time writing as Richard Bachman but they are one and the same person), who has a brother (name not mentioned) who is a partner in the business.

Kevin talked about a guy called Imran who worked on their computers (the truth, or an easy lie to cover up).

The bodyshop may be entirely above board and unconnected with Imran or in collusion with him. Going and talking to them won't make that any clearer.

Only seeing the actual paperwork relating to this car (V5, receipts and other history) and identifying exactly where the car was being repaired (as shown in the photos) will confirm the truth thumbsup

If people who insist on dropping in here can't be bothered to read at the very least the beginning of the thread, and therefore understand even partly the sequence of events, please don't bother to comment! :poke:

JJ

Not being funny or trying to offend anyone but the kevin i met yesterday was as white as white can be? Didnt look asian to me, so dont see how they could be the same person. i may be being naive, so please correct me if i'm wrong.why does someone not phone imran on the number provided ask to view the car, sort out a price so he thinks he's got a sale, then ask to see the v5? you never know he may tell bout the accident damage, just cos he didnt put it in the advert doesnt make him a criminal. see easy. and NO not me, i've done my bit.

#1193 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

I totally agree, but after the roasting he's had do you blame him for not coming back on?! not sure if i would! He's either 1. gutted he got caught out 2. gutted his car may have been damaged when he thought it to be mint or 3. wondering what the hell has happened as he know's its not been in a knock.
Unfortunatly the one time callers that we have had have been quite bad, its only the true members that want the facts about one of their beloved cars, everyone else seems to just want scandel and a pound of flesh. Biggin up the true members :tt:

I believe he has taken a deposit on the car.

#1194 djmyorks

djmyorks

• 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

hi from www.peugeot406coupe.com imran or hpi'd or strannik or whatever name you are using at the moment ............ rumbled big time :D :D the posts by hpi'd are soooooooooooo obviously from imran its laughable :D good work vx people :D hpi you say the "owner" kevin hasnt seen imran for a while yet a member on here took a piccy of imrans car outside the chop shop a few days ago :jump: and that imrans "brother" has a small stake in the company :beat: :beat: if that was the case and i dont think it is as i believe you are imran why say he hadnt seen him :D i think you are now trying to do damage limitation to your business and its as see through as your crazy attempt to sell a damaged vxr to experts of the car :beat: :D

#1195 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

With the information Hpi'd provided it's already out of the question whether Imran bought a wreck or not.

Only if you take the word of Hpi'd. Why would I take the word of Hpi'd but not that of Imran?

No offence to Hpi'd, but I have no idea who he is and have no reason to trust his word more than anyone else. He may be the most trustworthy person in the world but I have no way of knowing that.

And he said numerous times that he welcomes any inspection.

The only inspection I want to do is checking the V5 for the previous owner's details.

To save me having to drive all the way to Crawley to do this inspection, I am asking if Imran will do that "inspection" for me and let me have the details of the previous owner.

And you'd be stupid buying a 20k car and not getting it checked over by somebody who knows what he's looking at, whether it has accident history or not.

The first bit of checking anyone should do is to find out about the car's history. We are trying to do this but Imran seems to be a bit evasive.

i quite agree, you dont know who i am and only have my word to go on, but with the chance of getting all this finally cleared up and a phone call and a quick trip down to crawley (should'nt take long in the vx!) being the only thing standing in the way, i ask why not?? i quite enjoyed it! felt like i was off the cook report, only thing missing was the pay!!

#1196 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

Not being funny or trying to offend anyone but the kevin i met yesterday was as white as white can be? Didnt look asian to me, so dont see how they could be the same person. i may be being naive, so please correct me if i'm wrong.why does someone not phone imran on the number provided ask to view the car, sort out a price so he thinks he's got a sale, then ask to see the v5? you never know he may tell bout the accident damage, just cos he didnt put it in the advert doesnt make him a criminal. see easy. and NO not me, i've done my bit.

The garage isn't really under scrutiny here. All we want to do is ascertain the history of VXR16. If it has been damaged then we would like to know what damage it has received, who repaired it and what was done during the repairs. It would also clear things up if we knew when it was damaged.

If it hasn't been in an accident then I guess Imran will be quite happy.

I have been to Crawley once already and don't want to go again as it's not exactly near me.

If there is someone nearby, can they please arrange a viewing and obtain details of the previous owner.

#1197 Strannik

Strannik

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

hi from www.peugeot406coupe.com

imran or hpi'd or strannik or whatever name you are using at the moment ............ rumbled big time :D :D

the posts by hpi'd are soooooooooooo obviously from imran its laughable :D

good work vx people :D

hpi you say the "owner" kevin hasnt seen imran for a while yet a member on here took a piccy of imrans car outside the chop shop a few days ago :jump:

and that imrans "brother" has a small stake in the company :beat: :beat:

if that was the case and i dont think it is as i believe you are imran why say he hadnt seen him :D

i think you are now trying to do damage limitation to your business and its as see through as your crazy attempt to sell a damaged vxr to experts of the car :beat: :D

lmao

i'm from down under, so i cannot be imran even if i wanted to :)

#1198 Hpi'd

Hpi'd

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Your kidding?? Do you know who from? Do they know bout the suspected history?

#1199 djmyorks

djmyorks

• 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Your kidding?? Do you know who from? Do they know bout the suspected history?

why dont you tell us imran/hpi'd :D :D :D :D

#1200 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

From Imran

Nice one Steve, but i have had a deposit left on the car, the guy is pending finance and he was aware of the thread, he had the car checked out by RAC and they said it was fine. Will re-advertise if it doesnt sell.

Regards

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users