• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

This is one hell of a great read guys... great website... keep up the good work

Jamz - Swiftowners.co.uk

#1262 Cue

Cue

• 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

hi, over from www.cliotrophy.co.uk Firstly, good site and well moderated. Good to see that both the members and mods care about the VX model. Secondly, have you thought about an owners register to identify the history of the cars? Works a treat for the Clio Trophy, helps buyers identify the history of the car etc and gives the seller a place to track a car that they owned. Thirdly, my two pennies worth: without concrete evidence this matter will never be closed until someone gets an independent test done. It'll take all of 5 mins to spot if the car has been in an accident, no matter how good the repair shop is. If those pictures of the garage and it's internals are correct i'd say it looks ok... not exactly top notch but the paint bay looks pretty professional, the jigs ok also. The co-incidences in this though are unbelievable. two VXR's owned by the same person. The first is on a private plate... then they sell that car and transfer it onto another plate - the second car is involved in a crash and needs repairing. it's only 2 digits different on the VIN number... The new owner of the first car buys parts that the damaged car clearly needs..... A DVLA check on the private reg plate would clear this up instantly... if the owner of the plate isn't a Mr Willis, Imran doesn't have a leg to stand on. Unless it's a kevin willis.... the plot thickens?

#1263 ram_in

ram_in

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

This is one hell of a great read guys... great website... keep up the good work

Jamz - Swiftowners.co.uk

Nah fcuk off, can't be a Swift forum

No offence :D

Edited by ram_in, 15 August 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#1264 Lynn

Lynn

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

Hey guys, i'm bumpin in from Vauxhall Sports Car Club!!! Not a true member of this club but a member of lots of other Vx loving clubs. And any of you that know me will know that i'm quite opinionated!!.....so here goes!! Have to agree that the hard evidence is fairly circumstancial but there are obviously reasons why the mods won't reveal what they know which IMO is fair enough. But the guy is obviously lying and what a plonker for doing so, he should of realised how tight knit the Vauxhall community are!! The racism issue, big up the mods for tryin to catch everything that every small minded random has posted. Altho I was saddened to see that some members also have derogatory opinions! Which is fair enough, each to their own, but keep it to yourself!! A lot of these numpties prob don't own a car, IMO this thread should of been useful to car owners/prospective buyers only!! However I think its only fair that if racism is not to be condoned then Polder's (i'm sure that was who it was , I could be wrong!!) comment about the "remains of an abortion" is totally unacceptable and should surely be removed. Racism has many different shapes and forms and Imran has also been racially abusive to other nationalities which I assume are not his own that I take personally, I am Scottish and proud and my boyfriend is Welsh!! (big up R1CHY lol!) Also you nice lot can't invite people to join on to this forum to let everyone know where they came from and heard about it from and then some of you are moaning that the thread is full of spam ie amanda (really sorry but yours was the last one that i could see :( !) Altho the comments from the likes of "anasianwoman" and others are not helpful or relevant to a forum on vauxhalls and i totally see your point, but its swings and roundabouts!!! Its a shame to see that this thread has went to the dogs really when all that was happening was that the Vauxhall fold was again looking out for each other, which for those of you that don't know.....ITS WHAT WE DO!! :D Would like to see the conclusion to this. An inspection from Thorney would help, hes the man to do it but it doesn't look like there will be an opportunity!! Big up to all the vauxhall nuts, keep the "family" goin and drive safe ***hope i don't get a barrage of abuse :unsure:

#1265 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

For the love of god!!!!!!!! Just shut up!

True members-is it just me or are we all sick if this now?

Dont get me wrong.....I want a resolve but I am sick to death of all this shite talk :( :rolleyes: :tt: :lol:

Now it must be getting serious if Amanda who is the most level headed person I know after Lurch is swearing ( She said SHITE ), and I'm telling icey. Anyway as far as I can see Imran is not and will not play ball. I think the mods should let this run till the weekend and have a natter and let us know if the thread will be locked or not and why. If ( And there is more chance of Utd beating City on sunday ) Imran does get his car checked by Thorney or produces evidence of the V5. Then he can post a new topic. Lets call it round 2. :blink:

Edited by Tashyboy, 16 August 2007 - 03:42 AM.

#1266 Hilf

Hilf

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:59 AM

hello all, im Hilf, i was directed here via a link on www.Edition38.co.uk website and as soon as i have posted this reply i will be adding a link to my local cruise site www.cruisewestcumbria.co.uk. i have read the thread from start to finnish. and i can tell you, im very tired now! id like to say well done to the mods and all involved who sussed the scammer out for what he was so early on in the thread. i'll more than likely be on for a check up on this thread sometime, but chances are i wont ever post again, sorry. Hilf p.s. i think this is the best thread (in my opinion) on the internet at the minute.

#1267 Imran A Dheli Back 'ome

Imran A Dheli Back 'ome

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

Hi from FMOC [Ford Mondeo Owners Club]! great catch guys! keep up the good work. thumbsup

btw: isn't it time all of you Cortina enthusiasts traded up to Mondeos? i mean you've already let the Sierra pass you by. :P

the post that had me in stitches and the mrs running for the phone to call the men in white coats was :

/reaches for popcorn

the timing was perfection personified. chinky chinky

Edited by Imran A Dheli Back 'ome, 16 August 2007 - 04:27 AM.

#1268 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

And to add to the saga :rolleyes:

#1269 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

:tt:

#1270 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I don't like the tone of thread can someone close it or cap it or do something with it. This poor chappy Imran was only trying to sell his car

#1271 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

:tt:/>

Now who's on the thread resurrection? :lol:

#1272 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Lets not start talking about religion you could really upset somebody

#1273 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I thought it a good idea to bump it to see what google bots/guests we get ;) 9 guests atm lol

#1274 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

You lot f'ing bored or what? :rolleyes:

#1275 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

judging by the names of nine new members today we are about to get spammed rather a lot :lol:

#1276 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,179 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

You lot f'ing bored or what? :rolleyes:

Just cos its not constant punning posts :lol:

#1277 JG

JG

• 13,611 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

#1278 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I was trying to watch Tinker Tailor soldier spy It was either this or fall asleep :D

#1279 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Reconsider your post? ;)

#1280 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,179 posts