• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#21 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

Can you tune the bog standard car? Or can we put adjustable shocks, rollbars n stuff on?

No the only thing adjustable is tyre pressure if you want to do this thats ok! other than that no parts are allowed....

#22 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the clarification, better put some practice in tonight rallly

#23 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

Top racing last night, not much 1st corner carnage. I was a bit gutted having to start from the back of the grid on Silverstone and Suka tho. I can't remember who was driving that Green VX (was is shep?/Lionel?) but that car seemed to be involved in any track carnage that was going on! hahaha

#24 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

Sorry about last night guys, my 360 hung coming out the last corner before the back straight at Suzuka on the first lap, i figured there was not much point rebooting :( thumbsdown

Still was great fun, who won in the end? rallly

Pure - i was the green car, im gutted, i was usually being taken out - not the instigator, i call for a full F1 style investigation!!! Vindication will be mine in the form of the replays!! :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by Stifler, 09 August 2007 - 07:08 AM.

#25 Dargs

Dargs

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

Top racing last night, not much 1st corner carnage. I was a bit gutted having to start from the back of the grid on Silverstone and Suka tho. I can't remember who was driving that Green VX (was is shep?/Lionel?) but that car seemed to be involved in any track carnage that was going on! hahaha

I was online but didn't get any invite last night, and the forum seemed to be down so I couldn't look up anyones gamer tags... :( Oh well, maybe next time!

#26 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

I was online but didn't get any invite last night, and the forum seemed to be down so I couldn't look up anyones gamer tags... :( Oh well, maybe next time!

Sorry about that,

Because of the forum being down i couldnt check peoples gametags and add them.

Good race all round guys,

I will try and summerrise it into a results table soon.....

Stiffler, Shep was in a green VX and i know i got taken out by him ( :P ) and also Tango complained too, the videos will be reviewed tonight.....

Edited by Crimson_Killa, 09 August 2007 - 07:30 AM.

#27 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

There was one moment on suka, I managed to get upto 6th by the 1st corner, the green VX was infront on my right, and a red vx in front on my left going into the bend. Both tried to move onto the racing line and colided and bounced off each other, Red one went left into the dirt (maybe tango), the green one went right into the dirt. I just went right through the middle of them behind crimson into 4th. :-) I was laughing my bollox off! The winner was TifV8, was close tho, I think I would have had him if he wouldnt have carved me up on silverstone on the 3rd lap :-p Looking forward to some action shots.

#28 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

There was one moment on suka, I managed to get upto 6th by the 1st corner, the green VX was infront on my right, and a red vx in front on my left going into the bend. Both tried to move onto the racing line and colided and bounced off each other, Red one went left into the dirt (maybe tango), the green one went right into the dirt. I just went right through the middle of them behind crimson into 4th. :-) I was laughing my bollox off!

That, i'll admit was me and i think JK? - thats the only real problem i find in playing with bonnet cam, if someone is next to you you really have no idea they are there, no malice intended on my behalf , altho the red one was pinging all over my screen, i'm guessing it was just crazy bad lag?

Was gutted when my 360 hung, i had tango lined up on the back straight n'all :( :P

#29 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

I use the view where it gives you a little rear view mirror rather than the bonnet cam, also, not sure if you are aware, but the 2nd thumb stick lets you look left and right, always handy when 8 cars are on top of each other :-D rallly

#30 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

Yeah, i don't have the skill to glance left and right while trying to park my car on the apex tho :P I like using the bonnet cam so i can see when the car is cornering level, i'll mibbies try the bumper cam for the next session rallly

#31 Shep

Shep

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

Yes I had a petrol green one.. Okay, I reveiwed the playbacks after the accusations of foul play; and I was involved in 4 incidents. Laguna sec - turn 1: As I'm braking to go into turn 1 someone ploughs into the back of me damaging my engine Laguna sec - second lap. As i'm going round another car, Crimson Killa goes into the back of me. I didn't even know you were there until I heard the "clonk" so how the hell did I "take you out"? Silverstone - exiting a turn I come up alongside Tangoalpha I don't think he knew I was there and there was a bit of contact. I probably should have warned him but I lost time and he didn't so I can't see a problem there. Silverstone - about three turns later I entered a corner too quickly on the inside and knocked JaseMK and Tangoalpha wide. I hold my hands up to that one; my bad and sorry to you both.

Edited by Shep, 09 August 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#32 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

Would be cool if we could get the replays posted up to you tube or something (for those of us who forgot to save them :( ) :)

#33 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

Yes I had a petrol green one..

Okay, I reveiwed the playbacks after the accusations of foul play; and I was involved in 4 incidents.

Laguna sec - turn 1: As I'm braking to go into turn 1 someone ploughs into the back of me damaging my engine

Laguna sec - second lap. As i'm going round another car, Crimson Killa goes into the back of me. I didn't even know you were there until I heard the "clonk" so how the hell did I "take you out"?

Silverstone - exiting a turn I come up alongside Tangoalpha I don't think he knew I was there and there was a bit of contact. I probably should have warned him but I lost time and he didn't so I can't see a problem there.

Silverstone - about three turns later I entered a corner too quickly on the inside and knocked JaseMK and Tangoalpha wide. I hold my hands up to that one; my bad and sorry to you both.

I was really lucky on laguna, I somehow managed to avoid all the smashing on that 1st corner, and as I went through, I noticed most of the cars were smoking :groupjump:

#34 Shep

Shep

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:27 AM

I use the view where it gives you a little rear view mirror rather than the bonnet cam, also, not sure if you are aware, but the 2nd thumb stick lets you look left and right, always handy when 8 cars are on top of each other :-D

I use that too, but the mirror is no use when it's full of smoke :D

#35 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

I use the view where it gives you a little rear view mirror rather than the bonnet cam, also, not sure if you are aware, but the 2nd thumb stick lets you look left and right, always handy when 8 cars are on top of each other :-D

I use that too, but the mirror is no use when it's full of smoke :D

LOL

#36 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Yes I had a petrol green one..

Okay, I reveiwed the playbacks after the accusations of foul play; and I was involved in 4 incidents.

Laguna sec - turn 1: As I'm braking to go into turn 1 someone ploughs into the back of me damaging my engine

Laguna sec - second lap. As i'm going round another car, Crimson Killa goes into the back of me. I didn't even know you were there until I heard the "clonk" so how the hell did I "take you out"?

Silverstone - exiting a turn I come up alongside Tangoalpha I don't think he knew I was there and there was a bit of contact. I probably should have warned him but I lost time and he didn't so I can't see a problem there.

Silverstone - about three turns later I entered a corner too quickly on the inside and knocked JaseMK and Tangoalpha wide. I hold my hands up to that one; my bad and sorry to you both.

Crimson and Tango crashing into people ..... never!!! :D

#37 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

I think the problem is that some people can brake later and corner faster than others.. the shock of seeing the person in front break way before you want to and the realisation that you are on cold tires is usually followed by the bang and the smoke. :unsure: I couldn't afford to let Pure get away while I tried to carve through because it's too late to mount a real attack by the time you get up front. Sorry about my iffy lines through the Silverstone complex Pure, I hate those corners and once I'm through them I'm alright, good race though. Suzuka was a better race for me, much cleaner and better track in my opinion. I was happy to come away with 2 wins and 2 fastest laps from the night! :tt:

#38 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

Ahh no bother mate, it was 2 close races, very enjoyable. Just when I thought I was catching u up on suka, I went totally sideways and just sawyou pulling away, didn't have a chance to catch u after that. I'm looking forward to the next races. I think I will have to adjust my tyre pressures, I was understeering, then when I lift off I got massive over steer, which was ok once i got used to it. But your tyre pressures seemed to give your car a more neutral balance. I was using 31 front 25 rear.

#39 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

I was using 24 front and 26 rears, car was pretty predictable - i was wasn't as quick as you guys ;)

#40 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Crimson and Tango crashing into people ..... never!!! :D

Hey, I didn't hit anyone! I avoided the trouble on the first corner of Laguna Seca but was nudged a few times by someone later on. IIRC I also avoided the first corner bumping on the first corner at Suzuka too. However, I was hit at Silverstone causing me to spin which put me too far back to catch up again.

:dry:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)