Vx220 - Forza 2 League

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#121 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

Looks like you guys had great fun last night :( I'll be back next week (hopefully!) - cant wait. Oh and i wasn't wanting to plug the 20 Gig into my Elite until i checked that it actually worked (which i have just done :))

#122 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

Had a look through the replays on my 360 last night and they tell a slightly diff story. Unfortunately I got taken out on pretty much the first bend of every single race and that was each race pretty much finished for me. I guess the reason for the discrepancy between my replays and others is probably due to lag, so my fault ultimately, although in each scenario I was racing pretty cleanly until someone sideswiped me off the track. I'll try and upload my repalys if I get a chance. Tango, agreed I need to find out what's going on as I get a steady 4.5 meg connection on the PC - not lightning but plenty quick enough for xbox hopefully. When you guys are talking I can only make out about half of what you're saying.

#123 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

update: just went on adslguide.org and did a speedtest and got about 1 meg :( - rebooted the router and now getting a steady 5 thumbsup Fingers crossed for next week. I'll make sure I'm on a bit early to have a test race to make sure nothing's messing about. Jase

#124 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,179 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:53 AM

It's not the speed Jase... it's the latency.... ie... open a command prompt and type: ping www.microsoft.com and see what comes back... it should be low 20-50 milliseconds I would have thought with no spikes..

#125 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

Get about 45ms now, although this morning before I rebooted the router the web was running like a dog whilst trying to view webpages. It's been up and running for a couple of months, maybe it just needed a reboot. Just had a quick go at FM2 multiplayer and everything seems kosher thumbsup

#126 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:37 AM

Get about 45ms now, although this morning before I rebooted the router the web was running like a dog whilst trying to view webpages. It's been up and running for a couple of months, maybe it just needed a reboot.

What make of router is it?

I've had a few different brands in the past and couple of them have needed a reboot every few days. They had memory leaks and other issues that led to "poisoning" their own memory and this causes performance degradation. They would slowly get worse over 3 or 4 days and by the 5th or 6th day they could be unresponsive.

#127 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

I think the incident between me and Tango on Sunset Infield was a case of 2 into 1 won't go, if that make's sense. I was as close to the line on the left side of the track as I could get with the in-car view and followed that left line, I gave a shout to Tango to let him know I was there but I think it just got a bit tight and then we bumped. When Jase got bumped off track heading into the first corner on Mugello, I was about 20 meters behind the incident. Tango and Jase were pretty close together, but from what I could see there was no significant contact and definitely no reason for Jases car to go off track so violently. In my experience, hosts that are on cable are generally not a stable as hosts on adsl, something to do which the way the data is transferred. Maybe we should try a host on adsl, I don't mind trying it out, my connection isn't the fastest but I host most of the games with my non vx friends and we very rarely have problems. Still, some very good races last night! thumbsup Nice pics so far, I'll upload some later..

#128 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

I think the incident between me and Tango on Sunset Infield was a case of 2 into 1 won't go, if that make's sense. I was as close to the line on the left side of the track as I could get with the in-car view and followed that left line, I gave a shout to Tango to let him know I was there but I think it just got a bit tight and then we bumped.

Having reviewed it myself, I think TifosiV8 was completely to blame for attempting to drive on a piece of track that he was perfectly entitled to use. I left him room to put his nearside wheels on the track, how much more do I have to leave? :rolleyes:

When Jase got bumped off track heading into the first corner on Mugello, I was about 20 meters behind the incident. Tango and Jase were pretty close together, but from what I could see there was no significant contact and definitely no reason for Jases car to go off track so violently.

I checked my replay of this and there is contact. Jase goes off on the previous corner and he is accelerating back onto the track. I am committed to the chicane at a high speed and can't move over quickly enough without causing myself some problems. Jase and I both aim for the apex of the corner (I am straight-lining it and Jase is coming in from the left-hand side) with obvious results. Agreed it was a racing incident with Jase taking a small fraction of blame as he was re-entering the track just before the contact.

In my experience, hosts that are on cable are generally not a stable as hosts on adsl, something to do which the way the data is transferred. Maybe we should try a host on adsl, I don't mind trying it out, my connection isn't the fastest but I host most of the games with my non vx friends and we very rarely have problems.

I have a high speed connection with low latency :D You can host it where you like :lol:

#129 Crimson_Killa

Crimson_Killa

Posting My Opinion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

Interesting that my replay shows a different story, i think the way for me to show this is to upload the full replay from multiple angles for you to view for yourself why i made the conclusions i did.

#130 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

Interesting that my replay shows a different story, i think the way for me to show this is to upload the full replay from multiple angles for you to view for yourself why i made the conclusions i did.

:blink:

Did I disagree with you somewhere?

#131 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

When Jase got bumped off track heading into the first corner on Mugello, I was about 20 meters behind the incident. Tango and Jase were pretty close together, but from what I could see there was no significant contact and definitely no reason for Jases car to go off track so violently.

I checked my replay of this and there is contact. Jase goes off on the previous corner and he is accelerating back onto the track. I am committed to the chicane at a high speed and can't move over quickly enough without causing myself some problems. Jase and I both aim for the apex of the corner (I am straight-lining it and Jase is coming in from the left-hand side) with obvious results. Agreed it was a racing incident with Jase taking a small fraction of blame as he was re-entering the track just before the contact.

I think we're talking about different parts here, the accident I saw was Jase turning off left before the first right hander up the hill. It must have been a lag thing that I saw that didn't really happen, because if it did he would not have been involved in the accident at the chicane.. weird.

I like your summary of our bump by the way :D

I don't think there's much point in getting involved with uploading replays. I know we like to race but I don't think we're taking it that seriously are we? It's annoying at the time but it's not like you miss out on a prize or something. It's enough for me that we try to race clean, some accidents happen after all. (Ignore all of that if the accident is like the one where Jase 'forgot' to brake on our Silverstone practice :D )

Sunset Infield carnage..

Posted Image

Exhibition race on Tsukuba

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

Ok, I was talking about Sunset Infield, doh! :rolleyes:

#133 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

After we finished racing I had a look at the replay I saved. All incidents were definately accidental :-) I found the 2nd crash Tango had hillarious! I was close to tears...Jase and Tango collided, Tango's car was written off, managed to get airborn 2 or 3 times, bouncing around...loosing wingmirrors, bumpers etc...Jase's car was ok...but what really made me laff... When Jase got going again....he crashed into Tango's knackered car again.....reversed to get around him....went forward and hit him again! Then finally managed to get round him... However on the next lap, tango is stood in the middle of the track...Jase comes round the corner and hits him again! It was hillarious! I took screen shots and uploaded them to Forza.net, but I have no idea how to get them?

#134 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

After we finished racing I had a look at the replay I saved. All incidents were definately accidental :-)

Definitely. My only comment is that we all need to be a bit more careful when re-entering the track after going off thumbsup

I found the 2nd crash Tango had hillarious! I was close to tears...Jase and Tango collided, Tango's car was written off, managed to get airborn 2 or 3 times, bouncing around...loosing wingmirrors, bumpers etc...Jase's car was ok...but what really made me laff...

It was quite a sight from where I was sitting :blink:

When Jase got going again....he crashed into Tango's knackered car again.....reversed to get around him....went forward and hit him again! Then finally managed to get round him...

I was stuck on the fence and asked him to give me a nudge to get going :poke:

However on the next lap, tango is stood in the middle of the track...Jase comes round the corner and hits him again! It was hillarious!

Justice! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took screen shots and uploaded them to Forza.net, but I have no idea how to get them?

Log in on Forza and click on "My Stats And Photos". It seems the forza website only stores the 5 most recent photos. If you want more, you have to upload 5, go to the forza website and save the photos, then repeat the process. If you want photos that you have already uploaded once and visit the forza website to save them, you can go to the "Options" section on Forza and "re-upload" them.

Edited by TangoAlpha, 30 August 2007 - 03:15 PM.

#135 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

dam it, i spent an hour taking some quality photos last night, just logged on and only the last 5 are there, I think I took 75! Ahh well, you live and learn.

#136 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

dam it, i spent an hour taking some quality photos last night, just logged on and only the last 5 are there, I think I took 75!

Ahh well, you live and learn.

They'll still be on your XBox. Run Forza, go to the Options page and select Photos (or similar, I'm not in front of my XBox). You can then browse your photos and choose which ones to upload.

The Forza website will only hold 5 at a time. This doesn't mean you can't upload 5, save them, upload 5 more, save them, etc., etc.

#137 Silverback

Silverback

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

This thread makes for a fascinating read...now I am back in the UK, I might have to dust the cover off Lightning 5

#138 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

What's the criteria for this weeks races? PI S998? Or a bit lower, 950?

#139 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

What's the criteria for this weeks races? PI S998? Or a bit lower, 950?

998 still leaves a few tuning choices. 950 might be better.

#140 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

Oooh, it's Wednesday isn't it. Any thoughts...?

My boradband seems to be sorted now by the way, think the router just needed a reboot :rolleyes:

My boradband seems...

That's like broadband by the way, only from Kazhakstan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users