Vx220 - Forza 2 League

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#161 Stifler

Stifler

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

Enjoyed it last night, i managed to stay incident free for the most part - think started last on the grid every time helped a lot, it meant i just sat back and watched the carnage then picked my route through :)

Some pics from the last race - step by step Tango and Tifosi - STEWARDS INQUIRY!!! ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And one from the 1st lap at Atlanta: JaseMK and Who?
Posted Image

And one cos i like it :P
Posted Image

#162 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:06 AM

Matt (TwistedSanity?) I think.

Got a better pic but can't get it at the mo as Windows Live seems to be down. I came through the chicane on a nice sensible line and the black car came flying in across the grass from the right into the side of me. Dropped from 2nd to down to 5th but then made slowly caught and passed Tango to finish 4th I think.

From the replay, looks like Matt just lost control a bit and there wasn't much he could do.

Good racing last night, enjoyed it thumbsup Apart from the little incident above I managed to avoid most of the drama and pick my way through the gaps.

#163 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:36 AM

Some pics from the last race - step by step Tango and Tifosi - STEWARDS INQUIRY!!! ;)

I'm sure I've got a big sign that floats above my car saying "Hit Me" :rolleyes:

#164 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

Very enjoyable, I don't think the grid order was set to random though last night, unless I luckily managed to get pole position 3 times on a row? :-) Those screen shots are great. Love the way Tif's car is crunching in as it smashed into the back of Tango, hehe. I think I had a pretty clean night last night, the only crash I can remember was into the back of stifler on the Taipain track, but I blame Matt for that one, he was being lapped and wouldn't get out the way :P PS. Don't suppose anyone has a screenshot of my paint job?

Edited by pure, 06 September 2007 - 09:08 AM.

#165 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

Got a better pic...

Split second before impact...
Posted Image

after impact...
Posted Image

#166 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

Very enjoyable, I don't think the grid order was set to random though last night, unless I luckily managed to get pole position 3 times on a row? :-)

When I re-hosted the game, I guess it must have reset back to ranking or something.

Those screen shots are great. Love the way Tif's car is crunching in as it smashed into the back of Tango, hehe.

Yeah, that was great :beat: :rolleyes:

#167 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:19 AM

One more pic from me to show off Pure's hideous pink and green VX (with a dinosaur on the side???) and Matt's intersting line into the first bend at Taipan.

Posted Image

Tango, Tif was hard on the brakes when he went into the back of you at Sunset. Unlucky really. I almost had a similar incident on the first bend of Sunset - lining up to take the corner flat and Matt suddenly hits the brakes mid bend, cue lots of swerving and a near miss!! All good fun :D

#168 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

my ride had been officially "pimped"! Westwood eat your heart out..... :-) Love the tyre marks on the track showing how hard matt was breaking and understeering. I did the exact same thing the next lap, but crashed into the barrier. D'oh!

#169 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

I think I was probably just angry because Tango copied my paintjob! :poke: :P Spoke to Tango about the accident last night , I think I was lined up to go a bit quicker through the corner and expected Tango to be as quick. I should have been more careful really but was probably just relieved to make it that far without being involved in a crash, I took my eye off the ball and my race was over because I couldn't even get into 6th after that.. Good fun again though!

#170 Matt

Matt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

I couldn't help losing control at any time, first time running the car at 498Bhp and nearly 400 lb-ft!!!!! OMG talk about uncontrollable you can't put your foot down with out it sliding. I spent most of the time trying to poodle round the track not on the racing line to keep out of the way. Back to the drawing board with the VX.

#171 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

I couldn't help losing control at any time, first time running the car at 498Bhp and nearly 400 lb-ft!!!!! OMG talk about uncontrollable you can't put your foot down with out it sliding. I spent most of the time trying to poodle round the track not on the racing line to keep out of the way.

Back to the drawing board with the VX.

lol. From the replays it looks like you don't have a rear wing or front spoiler. That should help keep the car on the tarmac especially if you then whack the downforce up to 100%, although getting that much power down will always be a struggle! It's worth getting the fully adjustable suspension too and diff too, then you can tweak things like camber and arb to make it a bit more/less understeery/oversteery etc. Other than that, just remember the accelerator trigger isn't an on/off switch!!

#172 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

I think I was probably just angry because Tango copied my paintjob! :poke: :P

At least I got it right :lol:

Spoke to Tango about the accident last night , I think I was lined up to go a bit quicker through the corner and expected Tango to be as quick.

Me? Slow through a corner? I think you were going too fast :P :lol:

I should have been more careful really but was probably just relieved to make it that far without being involved in a crash

I think everyone needs to be a bit more careful going into the first couple of corners.

I took my eye off the ball and my race was over because I couldn't even get into 6th after that..

Justice :lol:

Anyway...

I think there are far too many incidents at the first couple of corners on almost every race we have. There will be differences in braking points due to different upgrade paths so everyone has to allow for this and be a bit cautious to start with.

My race at Sunset Infield Short was effectively over on the first lap as I had to pit due to my steering not being straight. Someone else pitted at Road Atlanta and would have lost all chance of a race. I remeber hearing someone asking where the pits were at Inland Taipan, so at least one person was out of that race.

It's not so much that I think I'm going to win, it's just that it's fun trying to keep up with you faster guys. If I'm hit on the first corner then that is my race over as I do not have the speed to catch up with the front runners. In the three races, I finished 5th every time. The first two were fun as there was someone nearby to race/chase. The first was Pure but that was only because he had gone off as well. The second was great fighting with Jase. The last race was almost pointless, I might as well have been time-trialling. I was over a lap behind by the time I exited the pits.

As someone once said, you can't win a race at the first corner.

#173 Matt

Matt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

I couldn't help losing control at any time, first time running the car at 498Bhp and nearly 400 lb-ft!!!!! OMG talk about uncontrollable you can't put your foot down with out it sliding. I spent most of the time trying to poodle round the track not on the racing line to keep out of the way.

Back to the drawing board with the VX.

lol. From the replays it looks like you don't have a rear wing or front spoiler. That should help keep the car on the tarmac especially if you then whack the downforce up to 100%, although getting that much power down will always be a struggle! It's worth getting the fully adjustable suspension too and diff too, then you can tweak things like camber and arb to make it a bit more/less understeery/oversteery etc. Other than that, just remember the accelerator trigger isn't an on/off switch!!

When I was at 300ishBhp the car was awesome, handled like a dream! But as this was my first proper race with the VX, and had to do a lot of untested upgrades to make it S998, i just chucked everything on!! In hindsight, a big big mistake. :beat:
Trust me, i was very gently bringing in the power as its the only way it wouldn't 180 on a straight :o . (well apart from when i was so far behind i thought sod it!!!)

So tonight is play with the car and do some testing ready for next time.

Edited by Matt, 06 September 2007 - 10:15 AM.

#174 tifosi V8

tifosi V8

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

It might seem unfair, but what about having the grid in rank order? It would put the faster people at the front and would avoid the problem of them having to worry about the interesting racing lines of the not so experienced :P It does mean though that people with relatively similar abilities will be able to race from the start. if somebody is placed midfield according to their ranking and they feel it is unfair, I think if you are meant to be at the front you will find your way there and you rank will change to reflect it. Sort of like a pre-qualification..

#175 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

The next races will be: PI < 801 Tracks: Maple Valley Mazda Laguna Seca Road Atlanta Short Laps: 7

#176 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

I don't mind the starting order, I rember the 1st set of races we had, I randomly started last onthe grid twice, but it was the best race as I had to fight my way through the pack. I don't mind on the starting grid order at all, be it, points, random, PI. I would however prefer the races to have more laps, so we would have to include a pitstop regardless. The 5 lap races are over way to quickly. If you mess up 1 bend thats the race over. If we had more laps I think it would be much more interesting. For a start it would give those who wrote their cars off in the 1st bend a chance to regain positions. (Plus, I think my trusty speedster gets better MPG than the tubbies, so I might not need to pit at all :P )

#177 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

It might seem unfair, but what about having the grid in rank order? It would put the faster people at the front and would avoid the problem of them having to worry about the interesting racing lines of the not so experienced :P

Why not do it on reverse rank order? That way you quicker guys would learn how to safely overtake :P

Reverse order...Posted Image

That's not such a bad idea, thanks tif :D

(Plus, I think my trusty speedster gets better MPG than the tubbies, so I might not need to pit at all :P )

All future races will be VX220s only.

#178 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

The next races will be:

PI < 801

Tracks:
Maple Valley
Mazda Laguna Seca
Road Atlanta Short

Laps: 7

Make it 20 laps a race :groupjump:

#179 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

The next races will be:

PI < 801

Tracks:
Maple Valley
Mazda Laguna Seca
Road Atlanta Short

How about one 30 lap race the Wednesday after?

That should enforce a bit of strategy...tyres, fuel, etc.

#180 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

The next races will be:

PI < 801

Tracks:
Maple Valley
Mazda Laguna Seca
Road Atlanta Short

How about one 30 lap race the Wednesday after?

That should enforce a bit of strategy...tyres, fuel, etc.

I'm retiring for a month after next wednesdays races :(

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users