What Na Backbox?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 griffo

griffo

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

You dont seem to have mentioned the new Piper backbox (retails at £380 - a tad more than the Janspeed one). I've got one on order (saw it at the Brum Autosport Show and thought it looked really good). Should be arriving in the next few days and when It does I'll let you know how easy it is to fit and how it sounds. Sori dont have a pic but there's one in the December edition of the Total Vauxhall Magazine. cuddles Griffo

#22 don.hasi

don.hasi

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

Hello everybody,

I´m a member of the german "opel-Speedster-club" and a collegue of mine, linked me up to this topic.

I´ve even start the same thread at 12.January to collect all experiences which belongs to exhaust-systems.

I suggest, let us put our knowledge together and even benefit togehter, for selecting for eachother, what exhaust-system might be the right one for himself. What do you mean?

By the way, we are not at the same short solutionstrategy (our government is left and alternative => many discussions, ...) but we´ll finished this topic. I swear. :D

Different to you, we want to collect some soundfiles too, to take more advance for the right solution.

Let me take some notice to your collection until yet:

Lotus-specials has had delivered Komo-Tec in the beginning of production. We don´t know, if this is really true. But, we can stand: there were 2 types of Komo-Tec-pipes (early one and now. Probably interesting for comparison).

The picture of the lotus-specials is an old one. They now producing an "Evolution"-model, whatever this means. It costs even less then the old one and the effect (loudness) should be the same. New pictures of the actually one aren´t present, only parts of it.

The system of moto-concept only garantuee this volume-up of bhp if you even take the flow-tec-pipe too! So compare to the other ones. A Testdriver of us means, it will bring from 4-6 PS more.

What we discus permanently is not only the loudness, although the frequency is a strong theme. The moto-concept might sound more a little bit higher than others. BUT he brings with that a good race-feeling.

Others have experiences with modelling the original one to a better sound. But please, take a look at our forum, there are too many links, belonging too this.

If you need help, simple mail at: Don.hasi@web.de or better surf our community: http://forum.opel-speedster-club.de/

click forum, the type is analog yours.

Please forgive my bad english-experiences. The theme is what we talkin´about, aren´t we?

Best regards

Don.Hasi

#23 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:46 PM

here is the link where I got my komo-tec :P

http://www.vx220.org...9&t=835&hl=komo

weight is 6kg.

noise measured at the Ring by a zealous kommissar was 92,5db at 2500/3000 rpms

I would call it "loud" :rolleyes:
feels like it got a bit louder in time.

#24 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:21 PM

Please forgive my bad english-experiences. The theme is what we talkin´about, aren´t we?

Best regards

Don.Hasi

No problem! Welcome to the forum, it's good to have some knowledge from outside the UK on this.

I've always been a bit dissappointed with the selection of back boxes for the VX when compared to what's available for the Elise - looks like things are getting better - these companies need to promote themselves a bit more in the UK. There's nothing wrong with what IS available, but more choice is always a good thing.

A new back box is a definate this year so I'm looking forward to hearing a few soundclips of these and seeing a few more pictures.

#25 TonyIles

TonyIles

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

Piper versus Vaux standard versus Vaux s.e I have all three of them!, sold the vaux s.e (its too loud), I prefer the piper, so its going back on soon. the pic shows the vaux standard (huge) and vaux s.e (tiny)

Attached Files

• Attached File  vx3.jpg   37.64KB   0 downloads

#26 Steve Crisp

Steve Crisp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:VX220's...

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:32 PM

Don't forget the Piper box..

#27 stevemgvx

stevemgvx

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:24 AM

I got the Piper - added a Pic last time - Here it is again

#28 don.hasi

don.hasi

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 06:24 AM

Hi,

the piper looks very nice! does it sound like it look a like?

As I suggested now following some soundfiles for your pleasure.

First the actually Komo-Tec:

Ooops, too much data, so here is the link for the download:

http://christoph.minks.de/album21

and finally an example of a lotus-specials, which version, I can´t tell ya

Attached Files

#29 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:51 AM

Thanks friends! Still some data missing in the neverending table. Janspeed Piccy? Milltek?

Attached Files

#30 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:39 AM

Piccy? Milltek?

Milltek for 2.2 NA:

Posted Image

Milltek for 2.0 Turbo:

Posted Image

#31 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:19 AM

Thanks Jase!

Attached Files

#32 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

The Milltek is £420 for the backbox and £840 for the full system. Depending on day, mine has shown 9-11 bhp increase over standard (full system). More info here.

#33 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:48 AM

OK! That makes it even more interesting. Is VERY loud?

Attached Files

#34 Blanchie

Blanchie

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted 16 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

This sort of thing (the Zorst table) Might be a good thing to have in a section on the site, along with a table of all the Induction / Filter kits, suspension etc with owners reviews comments. I think it would definately be usefull for owners wanting to mod their VX's but not sure of the options. If someone hasn't tracked a topic from the start they might miss out on the info. Any thoughts? :unsure: Thorney could this idea be added to the (new) site? :D cheers . Blanchie

#35 stevemgvx

stevemgvx

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 02:37 PM

I'll try and make some recordings of the Piper at the weekend if I get a chance and the weather holds. Tony summed up his views and I agree the Piper is a great compromise between hard acceleration noise and cruising. cheers Steve

#36 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:00 PM

Glad to see we are bearing up well in a world of such good and equal competition. I think i may have to offer a club discount if there is enouth interest in them. We also make a few of the other manufactures you have mentioned, but i will keep you guessing as to who ;) I saw John at the show. nice guy. If he wants to give me a call i can sort out that club discount. Regards Garry Exhaust Sales

#37 Marco

Marco

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:13 PM

We also make a few of the other manufactures you have mentioned, but i will keep you guessing as to who ;)

now that would be interesting info! And especially as you could explain the differences..

From the pictures, I'm guessing the Regal is one of yours..

#38 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:24 PM

Oops, think I posted the wrong price again for the Milltek. A Piper discount would be most welcome! (And a free sample to the guy who made the backbox visible ;) )

#39 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:25 PM

...forgot the picture (again)

Attached Files

#40 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 04:48 PM

Cant say. Sorry. Discount could also be worked if someone wanted to do a before and after dyno test on the exhaust. Get some definate power figures. Also the weight is 5.8 Kgs. (on our old scales so not sure how accurate that is). Clipping point. You could start a campaign to get an small batch order up then you could benfift from larger discounts ;) Regards Garry Exhaust Sales

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users