• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#61 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:32 AM

Some more info added. Thanx Don.Hasi! And the Piper was 93 dB(A). Forgot!

Attached Files

Edited by clipping_point, 21 January 2004 - 09:44 AM.

#62 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:09 PM

...an excellent table...but you need to be careful that it is clear whether it is a full exhaust system or just a back-box. Surely the Milltek doesn't give 9-10bhp on the back-box alone?

#63 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:51 PM

..with race-kat the table says, meaning full system. I read that Vortex had 175,7 bhp with full Milltek and a remap!!!!! Thats nearly a 30 hp improvement :blink: ...cant sleep anymore...

#64 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:20 PM

Hello all Yup, the rear box/half system is within the track day noise level requirments. They are however designed for cars that are keeping the main cat (even if its a performance item). Regards Garry Exhuast Sales P.S. Any takers on the power test? Before and after (compared to std)?

#65 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

..with race-kat the table says, meaning full system.

Yes...I was waiting for somebody to say that...this was preciseley my point because the power gain is stated for the full system but the price is for the back box alone!

IMO the table needs to be further clarified and possibly subdivided into back boxes and full systems.

I don't say this to cr*p on the fine work done on this table, merely to try to get it as comprehensive as possible so that it can be incorporated into our future FAQ's or Tuning section of the site.

#66 don.hasi

don.hasi

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:52 PM

Hope I don´t tell ya a secret, but Clipping_point, our good old swedish guy, who has built this fantastic table, has birthday today. I write this cause I haven´t found a table like in our german forum, which announce this by locking in. So, Clipping_point, even in this forum, happy birthday and thanx a lot for pretty good work on this table. With the best regards Don

#67 pablo

pablo

• Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:cars, snowboarding and breakdancing

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:27 PM

piper has the price for theirs at £325..? or is the price shown after vat etc

#68 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:14 AM

IMO the table needs to be further clarified and possibly subdivided into back boxes and full systems.

Yes, I realise that and stated earlier that supplier information in this matter shall be handled with care. Didn´t really want that column, but if it is there the information should be as accurate as possible.

Have started gathering information to maybe produce a different table showing RR performance related to current mods for different cars. The AMD RR showed several cars had a lot of mods but very little increase in performance, so it is not the simple fact that you tune the car. Instead it is HOW you do it. :P

#69 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:15 AM

Yes, the price is including VAT. When it is an imported system I suppose the VAT is paid in the country it is bought.

Edited by clipping_point, 22 January 2004 - 10:19 AM.

#70 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:53 AM

Hello Yes the price is plus the Vat. You do not have to pay this if you are from abroad and have a VAT number. Our system comes from the back of the cat, so includes the 180 bend into the silencer that most do not include. Kind Regards Garry Exhaust Sales

Attached Files

#71 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:56 AM

another pic This time from under Steves (stevemgvx) car. Garry

Attached Files

#72 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:10 PM

Looks great! Is the 180 bend different inner dia than original?

#73 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:24 PM

Ours is made in 2 1/4" tube from the start all the way through to the tailpipe end.

I am note sure what size the STD one is as we sent it back to steve before measuring noting down the diameters. I think it was 2 1/8" but with a restrictive silencer box. (its huge)

I hope this helps.

Regards

Garry
Cam Sales

P.S. I am trying to sort out a club discount or group buy, at the moment but cant seem to get hold of thorney. If any members want to buy one i can offer a discount once it is cleared with John. PM if your intersted. The more interest i get the greater the discount you get :)

#74 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:34 PM

P.S. I am trying to sort out a club discount or group buy, at the moment but cant seem to get hold of thorney. If any members want to buy one i can offer a discount once it is cleared with John. PM if your intersted. The more interest i get the greater the discount you get :)

I may be interested in this but don't want to commit to anything without at least hearing it first.

#75 Piper

Piper

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:52 PM

thats 1, anyone else?...

#76 Blanchie

Blanchie

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:07 PM

I may be interested in this but don't want to commit to anything without at least hearing it first.

Interested, but the same goes for me.

Blanchie

#77 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:02 PM

Interested...but want to hear some unbiased reviews first!

#78 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:08 PM

Perhaps the Piper interest thread hijack should be in a seperate topic... :P

#79 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:10 AM

Just got an email from Janspeed:

We do manufacture an exhaust system for the VX220, but not for Vauxhall direct.  We retail them at £319.14 plus VAT and the Sports Car retails at £238.28 plus VAT.  Both are in stainless steel and have life time warranty.

Disappointing news that they don't manufacture the 'Vauxhall Sports Exhaust', but I'm not entirely sure I believe them yet. The trouble is that no-one here has a Janspeed backbox so we can't even do a visual comparision.

Ben

#80 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:37 AM

Another email from Janspeed:

I have passed your email to Tom Ross our Technical Director, who will come back to you with some additional information.

Some further progress perhaps?

Ben

Edited by Ratspants, 23 January 2004 - 10:39 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users