• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 07:36 PM

Hi, Does anyone know where the jacking points are on the vx? Looking under the car there is a row of bolts holding the undertray in place. I did notice one other bolt doubled up with another bolt covered in red glue. Is this it? cheers, Colin ps. Is it possible to start a FAQ section for these type of queries?

#2 Guest_supergreen (Guest)

Guest_supergreen (Guest)

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:57 PM

Hi there should be 6 jacking point, 4 in the front area, and 2 in the rear area. The jacking points are also marked in the manual. NEVER use other than the marked jacking points !

#3 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:08 PM

Just had look at the "pamphlet" vauxhall supplied. It has no information on jacking up the car ;) Someone here must have jacked their vx up?

#4 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 29 December 2002 - 11:32 PM

2 jacking points are marked by stickers at about the mid point of the car on the right and left underside. See Page 62 of the owners manual under "punctures" ;)

#5 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 09:01 AM

D'oh I went through the manual expecting to see an illustration. Will look tonight.

#6 gisou

gisou

• Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Opel Speedster !!!!!!!!!

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:38 AM

And use a big hydrolic jack, because it's more stable (you know, the one who has got 4 wheels)

#7 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 06:37 PM

This is really starting to annoy me now!
I can't find any stickers on the underside of my car. Perhaps the wet weather has washed them off?
Is anyone able to tell me if this is a jacking point?

Posted Image

It's around the middle section of the car. btw, the black circle isn't a sticker. It's a cutout with some black stuff filled into it.
I'm trying to fit a K&N induction kit to my car and this hurdle is a bit annoying! <_<

Also I've got a 2 and a quarter ton jack that just about fits under the car. It only needs to up very slightly in order for me to get the rear left wheel off.

I wish vauxhall had bothered to place illustrations in the manual!!

#8 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 08:34 PM

Colin, I found my stickers (they were hard to find with dirt and stuff on them) about half way along the side of the car, under the rear part of the door, just a few centimetres in. It'e difficult to tell from the photo where that is exactly. If you jack the car from the jacking points it will lift both front and back wheels clear of the ground. I'm not sure if thats any help. Paul :D

#9 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:04 PM

It's the only section with two bolts doubled up. I'm assuming this is a jacking point as the second bolt appears to be bonded to the chassis? I'll have another look for the stickers.

#10 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 11:14 PM

Right, I've just craweled around on the floor in my garage to look. The sticker on mine is about 6cm in front of the double bolts on the passenger side (just behind the black hole) and about twice that on the drivers side (no black hole here), so I guess positioning isn't crucial as long as it's in that general area. :D

#11 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 09:30 AM

Cheers paul :) I guessed it had to be around that area as it's the only place that looks strong enough. Shortly I'll be attempting to fit the k&n induction kit to my car. I'll post a review later on to tell you all how I got on. I'm guessing my car is going to be rather loud seeing as i've got the sports exhaust on as well :)

#12 gisou

gisou

• Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Opel Speedster !!!!!!!!!

Posted 02 January 2003 - 10:58 AM

Yes Bogbrush the sound will be definitely better :) Be sure you have the tools needed, because I found it hard to install (especially to remove the old air box) On my homepage you'll find MP3 sounds of my Speedster before / after K&N I've never regretted to have mounted it, it'sexactly what the car needed :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users