Komo-tec Backbox

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:59 AM

finally came in today... B) :rolleyes: too bad I'm so busy with work and family that I won't be able to install it up until.....?!? looks very well made....I will put it on the scale today... :D of course, the friggin' cat was just as excited! :lol:

Attached Files

#2 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 02 April 2003 - 10:00 AM

another one...

Attached Files

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 10:02 AM

and one more....it's so small! kitty for comparison... :P I hope it won't be too loud!!! :o :unsure:

Attached Files

Edited by Ricky2772, 02 April 2003 - 10:04 AM.

#4 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 02 April 2003 - 10:29 AM

Looks to be a very nice piece of kit. By the way - The white fluffy thing - Is that a standard cat or the sports cat? :groupjump:

#5 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 11:06 AM

By the way - The white fluffy thing - Is that a standard cat or the sports cat? :groupjump:

:D Standard. The sports cats wear Nikes!

#6 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 06:09 PM

I'll be damned how light it is!! B) scale says 6 kg. all in, against the :groupjump:

#7 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:47 PM

Nice pipes Ricky! What was the damage and how does the weight and power gain compare to the regal setup, i guess the main power release from the regal setup comes from the manifold and you have that, is it a straight forward mate to the regal manifold ? John.

#8 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 06:13 PM

yes, now it's straight forward, 4-1 manifold, no pre-kat, no kat, and sport-box the damage was high, 848 vat+ship included...hope it's well worth it....they "promise" +6hp....not that I believe anymore of any company claims, but I'll verify on a dyno once all togheter....tonight a local chip-tuner (old tennis-buddy! :P )told me he "rrrreally" appreciate the speedy, and would be glad to try hooking up to the ecu-port and see what can be done.....not much to loose I guess.

Edited by Ricky2772, 03 April 2003 - 06:15 PM.

#9 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 06:41 PM

wow, today I started the engine (rear bodyshell still off) with the regal manifold, bypass and komo-tec box all bolted on... :o man, it IS loud....just the idle burble is crazy...all the workers in the shop stopped and stared at the speedy with gaping mouths..."porsche-like", "rally special" sound was the general comment..... maybe being is a close warehouse amplified it, I sure hope that with all the lids in place will be tamed a bit! :unsure: sounds terrific though, gave me instant goosebumps! B) ...I only fear the blue lights....I better cut-and-paste the "homologation" from the stock muffler !

Edited by Ricky2772, 08 April 2003 - 06:42 PM.

#10 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 12:40 AM

Best make sure your down at the ring next weekend so I can have a listen B) Thats if they let you in first ;) John.

#11 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:00 PM

few more piccies of the exhaust+bypass ....

Attached Files

#12 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:01 PM

one more

Attached Files

#13 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:03 PM

regal manifold and komo-tec box on and ready to be fired up...

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users