• 111 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:27 AM

Sell it, if you get bored buy another.

#22 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:46 AM

Buy a runaround for about £2k - something cheap to insure - you will loose nothing on it when you come to sell it if you buy a good one. Keep the VX and use it when you can. My mate has just bought a six year old VW Golf for £2.5k with 70k miles because he doesnt want to use his Elise for the same reasons. Perhaps your friendly VX dealer might be able to source a nice Vectra for you? Good luck whatever you do

#23 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:41 AM

Get a second car :angry: I just got an immaculate Merc 260E, paid £1300 for it :D £250 for insurance. Jobs a good un. Would cost you less than you loose by selling the VX...

Edited by Foxy, 08 April 2004 - 11:50 AM.

#24 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:51 AM

I had some similar thoughts about my old Suzuki Cappuccino...sold it and got a practical VW Polo GTI. Great. Really practical. Fast (ish). Relatively trouble free...zzz So, after a few years I HAD to get back to 2 seats and no roof!!!! I have a lot of the problems with the car that you do, but as you said yourself, it is about the drive. The drive is not affected by the paint blisters and such like. If its mechanically sound...its fun! If you do get rid of it you should keep it for the summer (albeit that the price will drop after that). One final summer of fun before the comfy slippers get permanently attached! chinky chinky

#25 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:58 AM

I thought of another reason to keep it mate. As I said before, ugly blokes need all the help they can get. :o Or would you rather, you can't be moderator scum on the Volvo forum :D or stop throwing your toys out of the pram and just organise us another club meet. rallly or the dealer reply, TATAS. :poke: Now be a good lad and just drive the bloody thing, we can get Riverside to fix it later. chinky chinky

#26 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

Your not old enough to get a Volvo yet, keep the VX, stay young forever.

Hey Wayne, my everyday car is a Volvo and i'm still 30ish. ;) It's bloody comfy & quick :D :D

You could lose prospective new customers by a few loose words :P

Chris - can't advise you mate since i hace the pleasure of "the mistress" as my wife calls the VX at weekends. Only you can decide - hope you make the right choice

Paul

#27 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:20 PM

or the dealer reply, TATAS. :poke:

TATAS?? They All Touch Arses Sir??

What are you on about turboman?? :poke:

#28 Vexy

Vexy

• 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:36 PM

Psssssssssssstttt...............just been out in the VX.........had 2 propositions and admiring looks........only went out for a cream egg - am exhausted now! anyway - had a quick word with the VX and she wants to stay, Vex.

#29 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:58 PM

Vex,

I had a similar experiance with my previous VX... the paint just would not stay on the car...after 9 months of ownership It has to go. It was a pig of a car (paintwise). I gave up, lost interest and above all lost confidence in Vauxhall/The Dealer and the car.

But there was light on the Horizon... a brand new shiney Calypso Red VX in the showroom, it was going to be mine.

After a few words with the dealer (and more importantly some reasonable discount from Vauxhall for my troubles) it was mine.

I am now HAPPY with my VX.......

The problem is once you loose confidencene... it does not matter what people say or what fixes are done it will not be right in your mind (or at least mine).

It has to go......

But get another one the next one will be right!

Dave

#30 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:00 PM

Hey Wayne, my everyday car is a Volvo and i'm still 30ish. ;) It's bloody comfy & quick :D :D

Chris - can't advise you mate since i hace the pleasure of "the mistress" as my wife calls the VX at weekends. Only you can decide - hope you make the right choice

Paul

Sorry, did I say Volvo, I meant Vectra :D

#31 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:01 PM

What. Are you telling me they don't then?

#32 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#33 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:02 PM

double posting

Edited by Dave, 08 April 2004 - 01:04 PM.

#34 BYD

BYD

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:03 PM

Vex Can understand where you are coming from, as soon as mine is back from Vauxhall for it's paint issues it up for sale. I have lost the will to try and get any future problems resolved with Vauxhall it just takes too much time and effort. Replacement will be a Honda Type R or Seat Leon Cupra R. More practicle (for the twins) and hopefully less problems. Cannot take it away from the car though, I love driving it, it is fantastic fun just let down by poor customer service and workmanship. BYD

#35 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:05 PM

Chris, i know exactly how you feel, had the exact same conversation with the girlfriend this morning. But for me its not the car its poxy vauxhall that are letting me down and i dont know if i can put up with it anymore. Just follow your gut feeling, what will be, will be!!!! Tim

#36 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:30 PM

Paul

Sorry, did I say Volvo, I meant Vectra :D

Thats better, now i understand :D

Paul

#37 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:56 PM

What. Are you telling me they don't then?

They do but when I ask my dealer why my arse is cold in the morning because the heater is crap I don't expect TATAS as a reply thumbsup :lol:

#38 Jdh

Jdh

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

I think maybe some people are confusing two things...a reasonable mode of transport and a VX. If you need transport, then there can be absolutely no arguement...the VX isn't it, so you need to sell it. If you need a toy to play with, keep it. The cars are fine just so long as you're not going anywhere...or taking anything and anybody with you. If you are, just about anything else is better.

#39 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:30 AM

I have lost the will to try and get any future problems resolved with Vauxhall it just takes too much time and effort.

I hear you.....

Vauxhall's service gets worse and worse, I'll never buy another.

I've never bought anything other than Vauxhalls, and currently own 3 of them, but I feel disgusted by the way the supplying dealer and Vauxhall themselves have treated me.

Wankers.

#40 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:22 AM

That's 24hrs up - have we convinced you to sell it yet?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users