Le Mans 2010 Then

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
580 replies to this topic

#361 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

is premium unleaded petrol widely available? And is it any more expensive than here?

Yes, widely available. As backward as the French are, even they have Shell garages and V-Power. ;) :P
It's probably about the same as the UK again now. Last year it was cheaper to brim it in the UK before getting on the Chunnel. But Sterling was pretty weak against the Euro then and petrol prices have generally gone up but probably not as much as in the UK. Key thing is payment cards, lots of the petrol stations are automatic and they can be a bit fussy about which type of card you use.

I've noticed some track slots have come up! Tempted! Is it noob friendly? (I wouldn't be

Never driven it but been to the 24 hours plenty of times and I'd say it's a pretty safe track with lots of run off, if needed. Remember, they're dealing with 200mph cars and I'm pretty sure even Lee can't do that yet.

#362 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

As backward as the French are

:flame::angry2::9mm::9mm::9mm:
thats it can;'t take no more insult :lol:

#363 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

:D :D :D Just getting the digs in early Fab because you have more power in your car, than I do in mine. :(

#364 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

:D :D :D

Just getting the digs in early Fab because you have more power in your car, than I do in mine. :(

no yours will be better soon ;) it is call perseverance :D

#365 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

Not sure if i I'll be in the vx. The sc is haemoriging oil. The guy I bought it from in the us is sending me a new snout with bearings etc ( seal is the prime suspect for the leak). Will be in the elan otherwise. I'll still wear my vx t shirts though :lol:

#366 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

Not sure if i I'll be in the vx. The sc is haemoriging oil. The guy I bought it from in the us is sending me a new snout with bearings etc ( seal is the prime suspect for the leak). Will be in the elan otherwise. I'll still wear my vx t shirts though :lol:

:( hope you fix it soon chris..you must be the first s/c casualty

Edited by FAB VX, 15 May 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#367 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thanks Fab, it all depends if USPS, customs and parcelforce all pull in the same direction ie mine. It is a pain when i went to the expense of getting a new SC. The SC lost all but a tablespoon of its oil and i did 2 trackdays with it. From inspection of the internals there is no apparent damage so lucky there. Wouldn't go as far as to say it's a casualty, i put it in the same category as the fuel pump not performing. The replacement part is FOC but i have to pay postage - fekkers!

#368 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Thanks Fab, it all depends if USPS, customs and parcelforce all pull in the same direction ie mine. It is a pain when i went to the expense of getting a new SC. The SC lost all but a tablespoon of its oil and i did 2 trackdays with it. From inspection of the internals there is no apparent damage so lucky there. Wouldn't go as far as to say it's a casualty, i put it in the same category as the fuel pump not performing. The replacement part is FOC but i have to pay postage - fekkers!

sorry you know my english and it still annoying
hope my bottom won't blow up at 8000 rpm :blush:

#369 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

sorry you know my english and it still annoying

as a matter of interest are you putting it on the rolling road to get an idea of the performance?

#370 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

as a matter of interest are you putting it on the rolling road to get an idea of the performance?

i have the data and a spread sheet and will roll it next week if i get time
it feel lovely and very peachy :rolleyes:

#371 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Oh sh!t, that's not good Chris. Sorry to hear that. But, glad whoever you got it from is being helpful. A pain in proverbial, all the same. Fingers crossed it all be in place in time for the end of the month.

Where does the oil escape to - into the inlet (and engine)?

#372 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Oh sh!t, that's not good Chris. Sorry to hear that. But, glad whoever you got it from is being helpful. A pain in proverbial, all the same. Fingers crossed it all be in place in time for the end of the month.

Where does the oil escape to - into the inlet (and engine)?

The oil leaks from the pulley bearing and then flicks off the pulley all over the adjacent engine bay. After a track day it sprayed up all over the rear screen.

#373 southpaw

southpaw

sans vx for now

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

:o sounds painful

#374 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

Just made some changes to my suspension settings, need to give the Brum a good clean next weekend and check the fluids, then i'm good to go!! This time in 2 weeks we'll be getting off the chunnel :D

#375 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Just made some changes to my suspension settings, need to give the Brum a good clean next weekend and check the fluids, then i'm good to go!!

This time in 2 weeks we'll be getting off the chunnel :D

:groupjump: what with work and the national I've not had time to think about this one. Should be awesome!! VX Euro trip '10 :lol:

#376 southpaw

southpaw

sans vx for now

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Just booked myself on the: Newhaven Dieppe ferry:Out: Sunday 30th May, 1030hrs, Return: Tuesday 1st June time, 1800hrs

#377 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:16 AM

i missed a fair few pages on this topic! i dont do mornings.... i think i am not going to drink on the saturday :o :lol:

#378 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,353 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

hope my bottom won't blow up :blush:

I hope so too Fab, we are sharing a room.

#379 birty

birty

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Just booked myself on the:

Newhaven Dieppe ferry:Out: Sunday 30th May, 1030hrs, Return: Tuesday 1st June time, 1800hrs

Convoy from portsmouth to the ferry?

#380 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:14 AM

hope my bottom won't blow up :blush:

I hope so too Fab, we are sharing a room.

was talking of the engine :lol:
went for a morning blast with xtra ballast and the car feel good lets see how good is she on track ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users