2005 Calendar Photos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#101 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:12 AM

great stuff ejm.... it's certainly easier to pick your favourites as well....... Mick

#102 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:33 AM

excellent work ejm thumbsup

#103 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:14 AM

I'll number up the thumbnails at some point to create a voting list

#104 lozcs

lozcs

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:59 AM

My mate has just built the studio and wanted some pics to use for promotional material for the studio itself. VX seemed a good choice :D

He uses it mostly for video stuff - based near Worcester

As soon as I get the EOS10D pics I'll post the best, and drop the full res images on my web site

Mark.

Is this the Blue NA I see driving through Wychbold on the A38 every month or so?

Lawrence......

#105 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:06 AM

Great stuff Andrew! One problem we had last time was some votes were split between a number of similar shots taken by the same photographer - maybe one was taken from a slightly different angle, etc - and this may have meant that neither image got into the calender. Perhaps someone (I vote EJM) should edit the final submissions down to a long list of unique and distinct images, and then we vote for our favourites from that?? Just a thought... :unsure:

#106 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:13 AM

Perhaps someone (I vote EJM) should edit the final submissions down to a long list of unique and distinct images, and then we vote for our favourites from that??

Happy to do that. I put the gallery together late last night from everything I could see. I know there are images in there that do not meet the quality criteria anyway, so I shall take that into account later. For now, at least everyone can see all the images together.

#107 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:35 AM

After my "Sun down" thread whittled down my numerous pics...my first entrants for the Calender (which are both virgin and need some photoshop work really) are:

A larger version will be available to view on the VX Calendar Entries site

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 05:55 PM.

#108 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:36 AM

...and...

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 05:56 PM.

#109 Spif

Spif

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

Is this the Blue NA I see driving through Wychbold on the A38 every month or so?

Lawrence......

Lawrence,
Yes that's me. Usually every Sunday at about 7pm!
Are you local?
Mark.

#110 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

Just noticed that the EJM site has the title "VX Calendar Entries 2004" and this thread has the more appropriate title "2005 Calendar Photos"...

The entries are, of course, posted in 2004, but they will be for the VX Calendar 2005...

Talking of dates, think we should we be deciding on when to set an entry deadline soon, so that voting can occur, pics be sorted, calendar design finalised, printed, delivered to the shop and finally up for sale in the shop by ( I would suggest) mid-November at the latest to avoid burned fingers this time.

What is a realistic entry deadline to avoid last time's problems? Mid-August? :unsure: Let's make it work this time! :)

#111 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:49 PM

You're right Speedy and i'll correct that next time I add new images. I shall also put numbers on the thumbnails. I would suggest the first week of September to close entries and two weeks later for voting. Between now and then, we should be finding a printer and deciding on the format so that the printing can be done by the end of October. If we do this right, we can produce several sets of proofs to get orders from dealers and Vauxhall in advance of the run.

#112 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:19 PM

I agree with your dates showing dealers etc. good work ejm thumbsup

#113 walkes

walkes

for one night only, live at the appollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:44 PM

Attempt 1

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 05:57 PM.

#114 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:59 PM

Latest 3 images (above) have been added to the gallery site. They can be found on the link below

#115 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:02 AM

Exjagman: Might it be useful to post what size pic is now acceptable?...I re-sized mine to 800 pixels wide (I thought that was the standard) but you have downsized them. What is the new standard?

#116 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:31 AM

Good point Brad thumbsup I've made these 400px wide to keep bandwidth down. 800px is ok for topics with a few images. This thread with 800px images is a total nightmare to view for those without a broadband connection :( It would help if you emailed me your larger file to: andrew@actpix.com and then posted a smaller version here. I'll then add a watermarked version to the Entries site below. I'll be keeping an eye on new submissions and it's no big deal for me to reduce sizes of new posts if people don't email me. I have semi-automated the process so can adjust quickly. I appreciate some members are less computer literate and don't know what to do ;) I don't mind making alterations, as and when required. Last point i'd like to make. By sizing everything to a consistent size creates a level playing field for all entries and can be more easily judged together on the merits of the image.

#117 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:45 PM

All sounds far too professional !!! ...get home have a :drink: and put your feet up in front of the Footie! P.S> I'll try to send my originals soon...but at 2Meg each it may be slow!

Edited by BradW, 24 June 2004 - 03:46 PM.

#118 hardtop

hardtop

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:running, Watford FC, anything VX

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

:P Andrew, as ever superb work, well done. MK Roll on A) Brunters, B) Welsh Weekend 2005

#119 skiddo

skiddo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:32 PM

andrew you have mail... hope it's not too painful paul, but she does look lovely on this backdrop...

Attached Files

#120 Sye

Sye

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:27 AM

Just playing around but think it looks pretty cool. Ps. remember me moaning about 3months ago when i hit a fox, well still not got the car back. I am missing it so much!!!! :( :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry:

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users