• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

#601 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

No worries Cliffie, I have another car to drive to so it was no problem at all. It's up on stands again anyway now :P Glad you had a good time.

#602 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Man I feel rough!! SO glad I booked the day off, we didn't get in till gone 2:30 and I was that tired I was having to stop in every services for fresh air and a stroll (even Magor services which is like 8 miles from my house). What a weekend though, really had a laugh and the track time was great! The car is running fantastically on the new engine so thank you 10000% young Joseph for all your hard work and I'm so glad you enjoyed slamming the car round track all weekend too :) The season lives on! Had some awesome tear ups over the weekend! VXT'ED @ Maison Blanche was a classic, as was the two fantastic scraps with Mr Partridge on the Bugatti circuit! I've never seen a VX pulled back from beyond the brink as when pushing Partridge through the tight stuff at the end of the circuit :lol: he doesn't ease off after a 'moment' either he just pushes on. Shame I only got the slower session on vid but it will go up soon enough (no sound though :(). Had a few dings with DarronWall too but he was having nasty handling issues but was still rapid considering the bonkers setup he ended up running with (888 rears and Bridgestone fronts :beat: )! Missed Cliffie throughout the day tho but that could have been a blessing tbh as we don't play well together these days :lol: It was the first chance to push my Nitron Race 46 shocks on track with real tyres! Honestly Race 46's with ATS DTC Big tyre setup (on semi slicks) is THE ULTIMATE setup for a VX. Deep pockets required but I had SO much more grip out there than I've ever had before from ANY other setup!.

#603 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

What a weekend, well the bits i can remember! Theres a large section of saturday and sunday night i cant remember. First things first i owe a few people a big thankyou:- Emma for putting up with me :beat: Darronwall and deltadeano- 2 absolute heros. Thanks to them i cant remember big sections of the weekend :drink: Cliffie for everything all week end, felt like he was my dad ruuning around after me. Even helped me pack. Joe for the pax ride in jimmys car, thast thing is on all rails. Jimmy for sorting the weekend out, giving me advice and yet another person wiping my arse on the monday morning to get me on the road. Kieran for the embarrassing photos Theres plenty of other people to thank and you all know who you are :grouphug: Fri Travel day all a bit boring but nice to get introduced to new faces. Had a couple of ridiculoiusly priced beers in the hotel but had a clear head for the morning. Sat Maison blanche really impressed me, i think it was because i wasnt expecting anything from the track but really enjoyed it. Wish emma had more bottle and got out on track. Sat night ended up going into le mans for an indian, ended up just drinking in bars and apparently having a kebab at the end of the night. One of the many highlights from the evening was when deltadeano tried to steal someones dinner from in front of them because he thought they were bar snacks :rolleyes: . Sun Woke up in the morning with Em punching me because everyone was leaving. I had a thick head and was regretting the night before. The buggatti track was everything i hoped it would be. managed to get Em on track and she was better than i thought she would be, she wasnt the slowest thing on track that honour goes to the renault spider :tt: . If she had done a few laps at the maison blanche i reckon some of the lotus boys would of had to watch theyre backs. Had a good last half hour on a wet track resulting in loads of spins. Sun night was the party :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: ended up going back to the hotel and carrying on. Woke up in the morning covered in cuts from a rose bush and plenty of embarrassing photos. Em now thinks i fancy joe more than her :sick: Mon Travel home got back at half 3 this morning. Yet again another eventful day. The worst and the best bit was when emma planted her right foot off a wet roundabout 3 miles from home. The hole car went sideways she caught it and it threw us the other way fishtailing up the road. Somehow she kept hold of it and kept it on the road. I was so proud of her i thought we were a gonna. Pity the copper wasnt so impressed with her as he pulled us over straight afterwards poof w*nker! Thanks all for an unforgetable weekend.

#604 Delta Deano

Delta Deano

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Motors, Beer, And more Beer

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

What a weekend, well the bits i can remember! Theres a large section of saturday and sunday night i cant remember. First things first i owe a few people a big thankyou:-

Emma for putting up with me :beat:
Darronwall and deltadeano- 2 absolute heros. Thanks to them i cant remember big sections of the weekend :drink:
Cliffie for everything all week end, felt like he was my dad ruuning around after me. Even helped me pack.
Joe for the pax ride in jimmys car, thast thing is on all rails.
Jimmy for sorting the weekend out, giving me advice and yet another person wiping my arse on the monday morning to get me on the road.
Kieran for the embarrassing photos

Theres plenty of other people to thank and you all know who you are :grouphug:

Fri
Travel day all a bit boring but nice to get introduced to new faces. Had a couple of ridiculoiusly priced beers in the hotel but had a clear head for the morning.

Sat
Maison blanche really impressed me, i think it was because i wasnt expecting anything from the track but really enjoyed it. Wish emma had more bottle and got out on track. Sat night ended up going into le mans for an indian, ended up just drinking in bars and apparently having a kebab at the end of the night. One of the many highlights from the evening was when deltadeano tried to steal someones dinner from in front of them because he thought they were bar snacks :rolleyes: .

Sun
Woke up in the morning with Em punching me because everyone was leaving. I had a thick head and was regretting the night before. The buggatti track was everything i hoped it would be. managed to get Em on track and she was better than i thought she would be, she wasnt the slowest thing on track that honour goes to the renault spider :tt: . If she had done a few laps at the maison blanche i reckon some of the lotus boys would of had to watch theyre backs. Had a good last half hour on a wet track resulting in loads of spins. Sun night was the party :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: ended up going back to the hotel and carrying on. Woke up in the morning covered in cuts from a rose bush and plenty of embarrassing photos. Em now thinks i fancy joe more than her :sick:

Mon
Travel home got back at half 3 this morning. Yet again another eventful day. The worst and the best bit was when emma planted her right foot off a wet roundabout 3 miles from home. The hole car went sideways she caught it and it threw us the other way fishtailing up the road. Somehow she kept hold of it and kept it on the road. I was so proud of her i thought we were a gonna. Pity the copper wasnt so impressed with her as he pulled us over straight afterwards poof w*nker!

Thanks all for an unforgetable weekend.

Your a STAR that's all i have to say thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup.
Got home a half four i was knackered.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup To Darron Wall for a very memorable weekend your also a STAR.

Edited by deltadeano, 09 August 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#605 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Awesome trip! So glad everyone forced me to go ;) many thanks for all the track time people gave and offered me, and all the pax laps :) Vxt'ed - many thanks for picking and dropping me off at my house and ferrying me round all weekend Imnotworthy Sticky - that gearbox Imnotworthy I want one ;) Jimmy I can't believe how well the Tyres survived :groupjump: many thanks for letting me take your car out! Many thanks to everyone else for a cracking weekend, good to see old and new faces, what a crowd eh?! Wouldn't change it for the world :wub: chinky chinky

#606 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Sticky - that gearbox Imnotworthy I want one ;)

No point resisting :ninja:

It was more awesome than we were expecting :)

#607 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Wow, had no idea it was such a great circuit. Thanks to everyone who went for being such bloody good company thumbsup A superlative weekend :drink: rallly :drink: rallly :drink: B) .

#608 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Just dug an almighty thorn out of my foot, surprised it wasn't tickling a bone in there it was so deep!

#609 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

The only bad thing about the whole weekend was the crossing onthe way home! Rough as!! Poor ole wife filled a few paper bags, then set young Joseph off for a chunder fest :lol: Tunnel next time?

#610 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hmm as I was saying next year if we do le mans again I would still take that ferry as it just cuts such a huge bit of motorway tanking out

#611 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

Tunnel next time?

Every time :)

#612 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

The only bad thing about the whole weekend was the crossing onthe way home! Rough as!!

Poor ole wife filled a few paper bags, then set young Joseph off for a chunder fest :lol:

Tunnel next time?

Wimp poof

#613 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Tunnel next time?

Was the tunnel fcuked when you went though? Don't know if the UK Passport people were on strike but it took us 50 minutes from checking in, to getting through the UK passport control. Then it was just a free for all to get to the train. Was absolute carnage as about 16 lanes of traffic converged on three lanes through the passport booths. Me thinks the Chunnel terminal shops did no business yesterday as you have to go through all of that sh!t now before you can get to the terminal. :beat:

Other than that, it was a really good drive apart from that sudden downpour just before Rouen. We made such good time that we stopped at a couple of service stations and in Le Touquet for lunch and a final crepe before heading to the tunnel an hour earlier than planned.

#614 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Tunnel next time?

Was the tunnel fcuked when you went though? Don't know if the UK Passport people were on strike but it took us 50 minutes from checking in, to getting through the UK passport control. Then it was just a free for all to get to the train. Was absolute carnage as about 16 lanes of traffic converged on three lanes through the passport booths. Me thinks the Chunnel terminal shops did no business yesterday as you have to go through all of that sh!t now before you can get to the terminal. :beat:

Other than that, it was a really good drive apart from that sudden downpour just before Rouen. We made such good time that we stopped at a couple of service stations and in Le Touquet for lunch and a final crepe before heading to the tunnel an hour earlier than planned.

No problems for us although they didn't have many/any more than those 3 UK border booths open but traffic was light. Last time we came back we queued from the exit of the Autoroute :tumble:

The rainstorm at Rouen was fun and parking in the lorry park at the services a daunting experience. No need for crepe in our car, we both had plenty of reserves to keep us going :lol:

Was back home at 5pm thumbsup

Edited by Sticky, 09 August 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#615 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

#616 Denthrax

Denthrax

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Great view on the hotel parking! Ony had about 25 min on track before my car died :( Some people may haven noticed me going back to the pitlane in limp mode :ninja: But had good fun those 25 min! :groupjump: I was following a silver VX220 for a while, until he spun out at the dunlop chicane(close one!). No idea who it was? On the way back my mate got pulled over in his GT3 @ 212km/h. We spend 4 hours in the police station and my friend was treated like a real criminal :rolleyes: They had almost no clue how to handle things the right way, guess it was the first time someone drove that hard past their Clio. Yesterday is was even in the papers :ninja:

#617 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Great view on the hotel parking! Ony had about 25 min on track before my car died :(

Was yours the silver car with 'Track club' on the side? I saw it in the pits next to the 997, but never on the circuit :blink:

#618 Denthrax

Denthrax

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Was yours the silver car with 'Track club' on the side? I saw it in the pits next to the 997, but never on the circuit :blink:

Yes, that was me and a friend with the black 997 GT3. Only drove 25min right after the sighting laps. Tried once more, but didn't get far :angry2:

#619 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Shame, what was your problem? Remember an orange over black 997 and black over orange 996, but no black 997.

#620 Denthrax

Denthrax

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Shame, what was your problem? Remember an orange over black 997 and black over orange 996, but no black 997.

Limp mode. Found the problem today. Was a loose wire at the ECU plug coming from the throttle body :( I blame the vibrations of the 3" Tullet :lol:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users